Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #46
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina

You are right, i am so extremely lucky. The trip itself becomes Christmas. You don't need much else when you spend it at DL!
Last Christmas we were at GCH for Christmas week. By far the most expensive Disney vacation we have done. My husband and I considered it our gifts to each other, we didn't purchase for extended family and scaled down on the DDs' gifts. So the way we figure it, it was an even exchange for the normal stressful Christmas. Totally worth it!

Lana
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #47
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

1. I moved this thread to the DL Community section - because in what way does this subject - or faux subject (I don't even know what the heck it is at this point) - remotely have anything to do with planning...which is what the main DL forum is for?

2. What is happening on this forum lately? There is so much arguing, getting hostile and taking things too far.

This side of the board is friendly and welcoming. We pride ourselves on being helpful, informative and not mean-spirited. There are ways to have debates without insulting or offending large groups of people or just flat out arguing.

Regardless of whether judgment is a part of life and a part of being human, clearly this specific forum is not the place for some of the stuff that has been popping up lately. There are other forums for that sort of thing.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #48
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
1. I moved this thread to the DL Community section - because in what way does this subject - or faux subject (I don't even know what the heck it is at this point) - remotely have anything to do with planning...which is what the main DL forum is for?

2. What is happening on this forum lately? There is so much arguing, getting hostile and taking things too far.

This side of the board is friendly and welcoming. We pride ourselves on being helpful, informative and not mean-spirited. There are ways to have debates without insulting or offending large groups of people or just flat out arguing.

Regardless of whether judgment is a part of life and a part of being human, clearly this specific forum is not the place for some of the stuff that has been popping up lately. There are other forums for that sort of thing.
I completely agree with Sherry. This corner of the DIS is welcoming to everyone, and posts that are negative in nature will be deleted with infractions. We're just not going to have that here. If you need to be negative in your posts, even if you think that you are being "realistic," you might want to go to another forum that welcomes those types of discussions. This is not the place for them.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: