Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
summerbaby
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Inn pool closure

Hi-
This is my first time posting, so bear with me if I'm in the wrong place. I am trying to plan our first trip for this May. I'm looking for a 1BR villa and the Boardwalk Inn is available. However, I see that the pool is currently closed and scheduled to reopen April 26. How reliable are these reopening dates? Will it be open by May? I'd hate to pick that resort and then have the main pool closed. Thanks for any advice.

Val
summerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Doryln
Earning My Ears

Disney will never give the 100% story. It looks like the Polynesian pool may (or may not) be closed next week --- they told me no for sure, but told my travel agent it's 50/50. To be safe, I switched hotels ---- I couldn't get a 100% guarantee.
Doryln is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Doryln
Earning My Ears

PS...my curiosity about the Polynesian pool refurbishment is how I started posing for help as well...)) so far I've gotten SO many good tips about all types of things!!
Doryln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbaby View Post
Hi-
This is my first time posting, so bear with me if I'm in the wrong place. I am trying to plan our first trip for this May. I'm looking for a 1BR villa and the Boardwalk Inn is available. However, I see that the pool is currently closed and scheduled to reopen April 26. How reliable are these reopening dates? Will it be open by May? I'd hate to pick that resort and then have the main pool closed. Thanks for any advice.Val
The dates Disney "provides" is often just an estimate based upon the project specificiations. Closures are often announced well after guest have locked resort plans and availability at other resorts is reduced; so many of us understand your dilemma. We encountered this the first stay at the BC resort and the slide and other area were closed and projected to open a little of 10 days prior to our arrival. We learned that once they start they can encounter unexpected issues and even weather can impact the completion time. They also appears to cycle through the resorts with a maintenance schedule, so they try to stay on schedule, but they never guarantee anything related to closures. In our case they did complete on schedule.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Have they recently extended the length of this closure? Last I read, the BW pool was supposed to reopen in early March. While we're not staying at BW, I had noted this when I saw it because we'll be at the BC and usually they allow guests to use another nearby feature pool, so I was just thinking of that in terms of our April dates and wondering if we'd have extra guests.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbaby View Post
Hi-
This is my first time posting, so bear with me if I'm in the wrong place. I am trying to plan our first trip for this May. I'm looking for a 1BR villa and the Boardwalk Inn is available. However, I see that the pool is currently closed and scheduled to reopen April 26. How reliable are these reopening dates? Will it be open by May? I'd hate to pick that resort and then have the main pool closed. Thanks for any advice.

Val
The villas are on the Boardwalk Villa side, not on the Boardwalk Inn side of the resort. The leisure pool on the BWV side and the leisure pool on the BWI side will both be open.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

The villas are on the Boardwalk Villa side, not on the Boardwalk Inn side of the resort. The leisure pool on the BWV side and the leisure pool on the BWI side will both be open.
I am not quite sure I understand your post. The original poster is concerned about the closure of the main pool, which is available both to bwi and bwv guests, so if it is closed, it would be a factor for both types of guests. Or were you simply reminding them that even if main pool closes, there will still be two other pools available (which is true, and some consolation, but I get wanting to have main pool with slides, etc)
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
triciari
DIS Veteran

Would guests be given access to SAB?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
I am not quite sure I understand your post. The original poster is concerned about the closure of the main pool, which is available both to bwi and bwv guests, so if it is closed, it would be a factor for both types of guests. Or were you simply reminding them that even if main pool closes, there will still be two other pools available (which is true, and some consolation, but I get wanting to have main pool with slides, etc)
Yes, plus the OP said they were getting a one bedroom villa at BWInn. No villas at BWInn.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari
Would guests be given access to SAB?
We were at Boardwalk at the start of the rehab and we were given access to SAB. There are even shuttles.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Does someone have a schdule? I am staying there April 17-20 and I am going to change my ressie if the pool is closed then. Ugh.... This happened to me last year over at the Poly.

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran

summerbaby: first of all, WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

Second, I think you may have some incorrect information. From what I am seeing the main pool at Boardwalk (called Luna Pool) is scheduled to be closed until sometime in March, not April. You may be confusing the Pool rehab with the Boardwalk Bakery rehab.

As you can see from the previous posts, you mentioned getting a 1 bedroom villa at Boardwalk Inn (abbreviated as BWI on the boards) but you may actually mean a 1 bedroom at BWV (Boardwalk Villas) which is a part of the resort but on a different side (thus the reference to "Inn" side of the resort as compared to the "villas" side).

Then again, you may mean the garden suites - which are part of the Inn.

None the less, whether staying on the Inn or villa side, the Boardwalk resort is an awesome place to stay (I will be there in a little over 3 wks!).

I hope you have a great time planning your trip - the boards have a ton of information. Soak it all up

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
PKWallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #13
Maxwell
DIS Veteran

Can anyone confirm Luna Park pool closure dates?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Can anyone confirm Luna Park pool closure dates?
Here is the only reno schedule I could find for BWI.

Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Now – March 1, 2013: Luna Park Pool will be closed for refurbishment. Guests may
use the other leisure pools located next to Community Hall or on the Inn side.
Now – April 26, 2013: Boardwalk Bakery will be closed for expansion. A coffee cart
will be available on the boardwalk area during this time.

Here is the link I pulled the above from.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

During our stay at BWV a couple of years ago, there was an unplanned closing of the Luna Park Pool, which remained closed for our entire two-week stay. To compensate, we were given full access to Storm-a-long Bay. So, a Luna Park closing may be the best thing that could happen!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: