Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

These rooms are the equivalent to a Hampton Inn without the Free Breakfast and indoor corridors in terms of value. I have stayed in much worst hotels than anything I've experienced in a Value. I've stayed in everything from Presidential Suites to rooms on US 192. Values big differences are small things like Coffee Makers and room size. I am staying in a value this week when I visit and have no qualms about it.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Once you get past the Values not having Indoor Plumbing,they are really pretty nice.
You have to pay Preferred to have the indoor plumbing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #18
SJMommy
Mouseketeer

I check in tomorrow to AoA..and I will write back! thanks everyone! Our of everything....I hate exterrior corrdors... lol(im begin serious...). but I guess Im just weird
SJMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at Pop twice and Movies once and we're staying there again in April. They're clean, rooms are nice, pools are nice, the food court is constantly being cleaned, the grounds are nice and relaxing, etc etc. I have no complaints about these resorts. We looked into staying at POR for our next trip but just can't bring ourselves to spend the extra money to sleep when we've found nothing wrong with the values.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #20
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
You have to pay Preferred to have the indoor plumbing.

You made me laugh!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

We've only stayed in a value for one night, but it was nice. Smaller than an average hotel room (less room between the end of the bed and the front of the dresser, etc.) but still nice and definitely clean. It was at Pop.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Since all WDW Disney resorts are on Disney property, it would be counter-productive to have Disney hotel rooms with different standards of cleanliness and maintenance. Disney goes to great lengths to offer uniformity and consistency of service, appearance, friendliness and most importantly, Value For The Money. The resort differences have been listed by PPs and have to do with amenities, room size, etc. I stayed at Pop and ASMo in November, first time at Values. And they were as "Disney Quality" as my previous Moderate stays. One thing I missed at the All Stars was Espresso Coffee at the food court. They had it at Pop/AoA, so Pop's where I'll stay next time (cheaper resort prices than AoA, and just across the bridge).

Give Values a try, and write back!
Very well stated! I have over 30 trips to WDW and 20 stays have been at values. I have stayed at each moderate and a few deluxes (SSR, CSR, AKL 2x)--and I will be back three times this year and each time will be at a value! At the moderates I DO enjoy the extra pools in the summer, but rarely is it worth the price difference.

Side note: the WORST hotel experience I ever had was at a VERY expensive hotel in LA. The suite was filthy, furniture looked like it came out of a yard sale, room service never showed up, etc. I was staying on someone elses dime or I would have left and found a Hampton Inn.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

LOL- I have stayed at POP and thought the room was very comfortable. The hotel was VERY clean, and I would say the rooms are much nicer than a "motel".

What might give the resort a "motel" feel is that the rooms have an outside entrance and the structure is basically a large concrete block. But you will see that Disney value resorts are definitely not in the "motel" class (I am thinking Motel 6 here) - I would give them a whole different category. They are well themed, fun and comfortable - and definitely clean. Disney is very good at keeping rooms in good shape IMO - so you can be rest assured about that we are talking a whole other breed of "motel" here.

I am in the process of booking another stay at POP right now!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMommy View Post
Ok.. makes me nervous. lol We are staying in AoA. We get there tomorrow! thanks.. easesmy mind
My favorites are deluxes, but I stayed in AoA this past December, and enjoyed it. When I was there, the bus situation was a little rough, especially coming back from parks, but that could have been due to the newness of the resort.

I took the bus back to the Pop, and just walked over the bridge a few times. I don't mind walking though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: