Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it!/parade ?

Where is the best place to sit for Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! and how long in advance should we be there?

We are going to MK two days. Would you recommend the day parade, night parade and this show? If I was going to skip one of them it would be the day parade. What are the basic differences between the day and night parade? My kids are 6 and 4 and think they would really like the show, we walked past it when leaving two years ago and it seemed really cool for little ones. Thanks.

littlejen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejen22
Where is the best place to sit for Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! and how long in advance should we be there?

We are going to MK two days. Would you recommend the day parade, night parade and this show? If I was going to skip one of them it would be the day parade. What are the basic differences between the day and night parade? My kids are 6 and 4 and think they would really like the show, we walked past it when leaving two years ago and it seemed really cool for little ones. Thanks.
Anywhere in the Hub immediately in front of the castle is ideal for Move It Shake It. You do not need to get there any more than a few minutes before, if at all. Characters emerge from various floats that circle the Hub and dance in the street with anyone willing.

The night parade--Main Street Electrical Parade--is light years beyond the day parade in my opinion.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
iheartwalt
Mouseketeer

We usually stand at the very begining of the hub (getting there maybe 10 minutes early last time). Once the parade moves into the hub everyone comes from mainstreet so we like being ahead of the pack.
I have never seen the dance party at the end too crowded and getting there just a little early has never spoiled it for us.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Just saw all parades 2 weeks ago. I can honestly say that the Afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom was our family's favorite. We sat right where it turns right on Main Street in front of the popcorn cart and it was the perfect spot. That is where the parade turns and my kids had so many interactions with the characters. I think every single character came to us.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
autismmom1
Mouseketeer

Year before last, we made sure to be on hand for Move It, Shake It...and had the best time! If you are facing the castle, we were in the hub to the right of Main Street and that's where Donald Duck's float stopped. Have your video cameras ready, because you will get fantastic footage of your child dancing with the character and the backup dancers.
The pictures we have are just priceless...pure joy on our son's face...all the cast members do a fantastic job of including anyone that wants to dance. Each character gets a specific song that highlights them, Donald's was "Shake Your Tailfeather".
I highly recommend doing an early time or the last time it's presented, especially in the summer/hot months. And have something to drink available, the kids get awfully sweaty after the workout!
2012 Oct Contemporary!! (shhhh, it's a surprise!)
2013 Oct POFQ
2014 Oct POFQ
autismmom1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
Just saw all parades 2 weeks ago. I can honestly say that the Afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom was our family's favorite. We sat right where it turns right on Main Street in front of the popcorn cart and it was the perfect spot. That is where the parade turns and my kids had so many interactions with the characters. I think every single character came to us.
If I am looking at the parade map, where exactly is that? I am not familiar with the popcorn cart.

littlejen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

My kids (DD6 and DS3) LOVE this show. They watch it on YouTube all the time. DS sing the song too! Your kids will love it.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

Definitely don't skip the afternoon or night parades at MK! Personally the afternoon is my favorite, with so many different characters and beautiful floats. If anything I would say skip the Move it, Shake it...just because it's shorter and goes by very quick.. But if you choose to see it, we never arrived more than 15 minutes before it started, and we stood on main street with no problem...it's not very "roped off" like the other major parades.

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
serene56
DIS Veteran

does any one know what characters are parked and where they dance.?

saw'this parade like three times and always got danced with the baloo im notmsure of his name..its late and i tired.- the bear from tarzan
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
does any one know what characters are parked and where they dance.?

saw'this parade like three times and always got danced with the baloo im notmsure of his name..its late and i tired.- the bear from tarzan
We were to left of castle at hub and had Woody&Jessie a few weeks ago.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejen22

If I am looking at the parade map, where exactly is that? I am not familiar with the popcorn cart.
At the beginning of the hub, on the corner to the right. We saw celebrate a dream come true parade.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

We've never tried to position ourselves for the move it parade, but it seems to be about the time we're coming from Tomorrowland and looking for a snack -- ice cream preferably!! And we're in the area of the tables just to the right of Main St. where the circle/hub begins.
I love the music and it's such an upbeat thing. The people in the parade seem so animated. :-)
We never tried to get any closer because from there we can see and hear it all. I'm not sure how long they remain stopped in the hub, but plenty long enough for any kids (or adults) who want to dance with the characters. It's a real mood booster.
Sandy Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: