Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Hotel or Ticket Discounts For Marathon Runners & Families

Are there disney hotel discounts and/or ticket discounts for marathon runners and the family? If so, does anyone know what those discounts are, or least least what those discounts were in Jan 2013? Thank you for your help

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

I'll be curious about these as well particularly for Disneyland. I will get wedding discounts when I go run the princess after the tinker.
dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

We booked our DLR Marathon Weekend package through GET Travel and we got a significant discount.

We got 3 Day PH Tix for our family of 4 (2A, 2C) for around $170 less than through DLR direct.

And if we had booked a Disney hotel (we didn't....) you would've gotten a further discount on your package (tix/hotel included).

www.gettravel.com

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

For the January marathon weekend there are no real discounted packages. iRUN (Disney Sports) has a rate that is discounted off rack rate, but in the fall (August - October) deeper discounts are usually announced. iRUN will not meet these discounts - one must go through central reservations (CRO). (407 WDW DISNEY).

If you have a resort you want to stay at, make your reservations early. Then, subscribe to something like Mouse Savers and keep an eye out for discounts in January. Once you see them, call CRO and grab the new rates. By having the early reservation you lock in your resort and will not lose it during the conversation to the discounted rate. Note, over the last couple years a few folks have been hassled by the iRUN cast members with a threat of not being able to board busing if they are staying on a non-iRUN reservation. This is pure BS and you should reserve through the path where you can get the best rate.

With regard to passes, try a site like undercover tourist for the best pass rates. Disney will not offer pass discounts for the January event.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

We are thinking about/looking into renting dvc points for the boardwalk. It looked like we could get a boardwalk room(which has a fridge, mircorwave,toaster) for about $910 for 7 days. Thinking the only thing better than that (without a real good disney discount which seems unlikely) is a value resort room. However, with the boardwalk, we are right next to Epcot and away from the craziness of value resort buses.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Mcbruns
DIS Veteran

Jumping in for a quick question.

Are Disney hotel discounts offered for those participating in shorter races on these weekends (5K or 10K) ?
Thanks!
1976-offsite~ 1991-offsite~ 1993-offsite~ 1997-Swan~ 1998-Caribbean Beach~ 2003-Port Orleans~ 2004-Pop Century~ 2005-Beach Club Villas~ 2006-Contemporary ~ 2007-ASMu ~ 2007-Coronado Springs ~ 2007-Anniversary Trip GF ~ October 2008-Wilderness Lodge~2 trips in 2009 (June-WH and Sept-OKW)~ 2010-Swan for NYE ~ 2011-Poly for my 40th ~ April 2012 & July ~ 2013 Cruising on the Wonder & June trip ~2014-Lion King Suite
Mcbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Duanerice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
We are thinking about/looking into renting dvc points for the boardwalk. It looked like we could get a boardwalk room(which has a fridge, mircorwave,toaster) for about $910 for 7 days. Thinking the only thing better than that (without a real good disney discount which seems unlikely) is a value resort room. However, with the boardwalk, we are right next to Epcot and away from the craziness of value resort buses.
Wow, if you can get it for that I'd jump on it. $130 a night for DVC Boardwalk during marathon weekend sounds great. I always thought renting Disney points was more expensive. I'll have to look into that more.

Have a site you go to to rent points? I'd be interested if you can share.
Duane
Goofy January 2014
Duanerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

There is a rent/trade board under the DVC forums that would be a good place to start if thinking of renting points. However, it might be difficult at this point to get a reservation at the more popular resorts (BWV, BCV and BLT) for marathon weekend. I was just on there trying to rearrange my reservation at BLT and most of the weekend is blocked out. The 11 month window opened in February so people have already been booking.

Best of luck, DVC is a great way to spend marathon weekend.
rpcvpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
meachell13
Mouseketeer

We will have APs this year which is why I am really considering doing a race because I won't have to worry about tickets. Does Disney off racer discounts for just a room?

Our first Disney vacation Sept. 2011

Going back Sept. 2013 for MNSSHP!

Family Trip with big Birthday Celebrations! 5/9-17/14
meachell13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: