Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva8401
I've only ever run into ONE dis-er on our trips! And I didn't even know it until after she left. (My hubby noticed the lime green mickey on the back of her scooter, and didn't say anything until after she was gone. He thought I knew. ) Will you be sporting any lime green? Musket Mickey's? Or other identifying trademarks?? If you do, I'll be sure to say Hello!
We are hoping to have one of those Mickey lamp posts when we go. There will be six of us, all adults. You may see us zipping around on our bikes![/QUOTE]

I will be there same time as you as well. I am hoping to have a Mickey lamp post and/or Musket Mickey to mark our site. Maybe we should create a thread to see who will be there the same time and have a Dismeet? Interested?

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
indimom
Are We There Yet?

[/QUOTE]We are hoping to have one of those Mickey lamp posts when we go. There will be six of us, all adults. You may see us zipping around on our bikes![/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye out for you!
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Well, If you don't mind me asking! Where do you get the Mickey lamp post from? I'd like to have one , too!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

We usually spend about the same amount each time... this year however, we increased our expenses to do a split FW/resort stay. We've only done a split stay with POP and we really missed the relaxing feel of FW. This year we will do 5 nights at FW in the tent ... so we can get our FW, golf cart, bike riding, canoeing, cooking out and the great outdoors fix.... (we love tent camping) and 5 nights at Beach club resort... Our son is coming home from S. Korea on leave (we haven't seen him in 14 months) and he will be joining us for the BC part of the trip (as of now anyway)... I thought he may appreciate BC over the tent this time : )

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Running_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #35
thegoofyfamily
Mouseketeer

We're leaving tomorrow for 9 days in a premium site. We have our own golf cart and we're only doing 2 parks. The site was @ $1200 and our tickets were @ $900 and most of our meals will be at the MH. I have a budget of $2800 and that's all in.

We've been going Halloween and Spring Break for years and years.......and we've tried July a year or two here and there. It's so hot! Last year, we watched a family pull in and we never saw them again. LOL They were up early to go to the parks and came home after we were asleep. I got tired just imagining their trip!

I guess DH and I are old and our two older ones are over the parks. I'm looking forward to 9 days in the Fort.......with a little MK and Epcot thrown in...

DD14 Ashley DD12 Hannah DS4 Kaihan (or OOPS)

We've been to the Fort countless times over the last 14+ years and it's the only place we want to be!
thegoofyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #36
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoofyfamily View Post
We're leaving tomorrow for 9 days in a premium site. We have our own golf cart and we're only doing 2 parks. The site was @ $1200 and our tickets were @ $900 and most of our meals will be at the MH. I have a budget of $2800 and that's all in.

We've been going Halloween and Spring Break for years and years.......and we've tried July a year or two here and there. It's so hot! Last year, we watched a family pull in and we never saw them again. LOL They were up early to go to the parks and came home after we were asleep. I got tired just imagining their trip!

I guess DH and I are old and our two older ones are over the parks. I'm looking forward to 9 days in the Fort.......with a little MK and Epcot thrown in...
Just had to laugh at your post I don't know how old is *too old* in your book, but my dh & I are still little kids there, and basically do what you said those campers did - early til late in the parks, or around, everyday. We brought our little ones to the MK in '72, so we aren't *spring chicks*

We will be there soon for 10 nights for the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and really look forward to it again. We go anywhere from 1-3 times a year. We don't mind the summers, but we do go a lot slower. I just enjoy the longer park hours (what I miss at other times). We have AP's, and this will be our third long trip for this AP 'year'.

Just being there in the MH is so relaxing to us. We have been camping all our married lives in one form of 'camp style' or another, and really love it.

Y'all have a great trip.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I thought the same thing!

Sounds aot like us when we go! I don't think we take time to smell the roses very much! LOL! ITs GO, GO, GO! This time we are going over July 4th again and it will be hot! We will have two small grandchildren with us so I hope we slow down a little bit and enjoy what the campground has to offer. Try to keep the little ones as cool as we can!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
Readerbug
Using My Ears

"How much will you be spending..."
With just weeks left, I am still trying to figure this out.
Depends on if we really tent or not, if we end up buying a pop up last minute, or if we rent, or if we rent a small cargo trailer for gear, our suv being full of kids...and our food budget depends on the final result of all the above, somewhat. How much will we eat out, eat in Park, eat at site.

What would really be useful is a blunt companion thread to this one (our trip will cost this much) needs a companion thread, all us same posters coming back to say, (our trip really cost THIS much).
That's what I'd really like to know. I'm trying to figure out how I can control it to be just what I think it will! So I have lots of "extra" left over. I just don't know. It's what I envy about the dining plan. It's not a good deal for us, but it's sure nice to count on someone else controlling it!

Me, DH edu IT man, 19, 17, 15, 13, 10, 7.
Readerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
MedicBill
Mouseketeer

I just picked up a second and third job to pay for my next trip!

2 Adults. No kids.
15 days / 14 nights FW Cabins +
Deluxe Dining Plan +
10 day park hoppers with water park option (might upgrade to annual pass if I work enough hours)

Came out to be $9500

I still need airfare and a 2 week golf cart rental.

I do the Dining Plan because its easier for me to plan my budget if I can pay for food before I get there. I know I lose a couple of hundred dollars there but the added convience is worth it to me. I usually only buy 1 small souvenir like a coffee mug, so thats not much of an expense.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
rebeccalizzie
Earning My Ears

I'll throw mine in. We're going May 28-31. Two adults, one teenager, a 6 year old and a two year old.

3 nights/4 days Ft Wilderness cabins and MYW--$1864
QSDP--$350
Gas to and from--$300
Hotel to and from--$150
Food for drive down/back--$200
Souvies--$60

Grand total--$2924. Which is giving me heart palpitations--I keep thinking "I'm spending three thousand dollars for a FOUR DAY vacation". But we can't think of any way to reduce it much more since we are a family of 5, even Windsor Hills once you add in parking and "cleaning fees" ends up only being a little cheaper.
rebeccalizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #41
thegoofyfamily
Mouseketeer

Just got back!

I projected @ $2800 and we spent a little over $3200. They put out these cute belted cardigans at the meadows post before we left and I had to have one. And, DH surprised us with a last minute trip to HDR the night before the girls' friend was to go home. That cost was well over $300. And we did a last minute TE buffet trip after Epcot Thursday. I'm glad we did both because the HDR was changed a little and the buffet was pretty good vs our last visit.

I did the budget for our Halloween trip and it won't be much prettier, but we'll pay for the MNSSHP, Epcot F&W, and site cost before the trip over the summer. We get a little insane at F&W and we'll also pick up Christmas PJ's at the Epcot shop on the way out........and other stuff.......

HALLOWEEN
Site Cost 5 nights $475 for premium site
Epcot F&W and tickets $915
MNSSHP - $275
TE Buffet one night $150
Miscellaneous $600
(We don't do a dining plan and will pack lunches and eat at MH for 2-3 dinners)

Btw, for those of you going 24/7 non-stop, try and plan one full day at the Fort. It's an amazing place to "be" at Disney. We walked 4 miles everyday during our trip last week and after so many visits, got to experienced many more "firsts."

DD14 Ashley DD12 Hannah DS4 Kaihan (or OOPS)

We've been to the Fort countless times over the last 14+ years and it's the only place we want to be!
thegoofyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #42
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Readerbug;47915186]"How much will you be spending..."
With just weeks left, I am still trying to figure this out.
Depends on if we really tent or not, if we end up buying a pop up last minute, or if we rent, or if we rent a small cargo trailer for gear, our suv being full of kids...and our food budget depends on the final result of all the above, somewhat. How much will we eat out, eat in Park, eat at site.

I don't know if this helps but...When we have been to Disney in the past we usually always eat at least one meal in the theme park. Thats a given! When we are not on the dining plan we will eat Quick Service. I am figuring on a quick meal anywhere being $10 and a drink $2.50-$3.00.
We always eat breakfast before we leave the camper unless we have a character meal reserved. If we leave late we will eat a sandwich before we go. So those days we won't spend as much.
I usually try to fix a roast with potatoes & carrots, grill steak, hamburgers & hotdogs. So that helps on at least three evening meals. If I take it to fix we plan to be there to eat it!
I figure we might as well count one snack a day being $5 a person. I've never taken a full lunch in the parks but have read where others have and that would save alot. But we all do start off the day taken a frozen water, peanuts, ritz crakers & peanut butter, breakfast bar or something for snack, and that helps.
When I have figured eating out, Disneys Quick Dining is pretty close to what you would spend if you ate out 2 times a day and is a pretty good guide to me. I think its like $37 a day per person for 2 Quick meals and 1 snack a day.
My husband travels some and always says a good rule of thumb is $50 a day per Adult person and $25 a day for child. That usually covers anywhere we want to eat especially if we camp!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-02-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: What I wrote even confused ME! LOL! It was late!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #43
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

I haven't added everything up yet, but ditto how much staying at FW saves us! We'd have to get a villa (no way to fit 6 kids in a suite unless it's a huge one at one of the deluxe resorts) and that would make the trip out of the realm of possibility. By staying at FW we've paid for a good chunk of our RV, had our own beds, linens, etc... Saved money on food and can go outside to relax once we put the kids to bed. Win-Win. We also sign up for the Youth program, so the kids get discounted tickets (anyone over 5 can sign up for that.) The discount isn't as great as it used to be, but better than paying full price for everyone. We never eat at the parks (allergies) so we bring our own food, which makes our food budget really small. I'll tally everything up and post back. I'm thinking around $3.5k for the week for all of us...

I should note too that most of that is paid for before we even leave. We have vacation savings ($50 per week really adds up and we don't miss it) and lots of credit card rewards (pay off the disney CC in full every month, so the rewards are free money). So we really don't have that much in cash that we have to outlay when we're down there, but I do count it all as expenses because it is cash coming out of our pocket for the trip in some way.

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #44
dsdeleon
Mouseketeer

We are going for a couple weeks June 23-July 5 - 2 adults, 2 kids and then to Legoland.

Campsite (premium loop 300!) $1122
8 day YES hoppers $1196
RV Rental (includes cart) $1920
Eating @ parks ~$600
Alcohol (we bring mostly) ~$400
Grocery ~ $200
Hotels along the way and back $330
Gas $450
Legoland Tickets $170
Legoland Hotel $95
Other $400

My work is going to reimburse the gas and the campsite since I am attending a conference for 4 days while there.
dsdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #45
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdeleon
We are going for a couple weeks June 23-July 5 - 2 adults, 2 kids and then to Legoland.

Campsite (premium loop 300!) $1122
8 day YES hoppers $1196
RV Rental (includes cart) $1920
Eating @ parks ~$600
Alcohol (we bring mostly) ~$400
Grocery ~ $200
Hotels along the way and back $330
Gas $450
Legoland Tickets $170
Legoland Hotel $95
Other $400

My work is going to reimburse the gas and the campsite since I am attending a conference for 4 days while there.
Those are our dates as well!

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: