Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

How much will you be spending on your Disney Trip at Fort Wilderness!

Our trip over July 4th, 2013!

$1,080.03---Camping 9 nights in Fort Wilderness for 4 adults, 1 child, 1 infant
$1,469.72---Tickets/4adults/7 days with park hopper(including tax)
$ 348.26---Tickets/1child/7 days with park hopper(including tax)
$ 439.00---Golf cart/7 nights (including tax)
$ 500.00---Gas/12 hour trip(depending on gas prices)
$1,000.00---Food allowance for inside or outside parks
$ 500.00---Shopping, extra, etc.,

$5,337.01---TOTAL

I will have $220 in gift cards to bring. Camper will already have packed what I need in it before I leave with plates, cups, food, drinks etc.,
We have not made any dining reservations! Since I'm not on the free dining plan(that is so nice) I will probably just make 1 or 2 if any!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Jennifer41
Housework? What housework? MOUSEWORK!

A LOT.

Actually, to be fair... Most of this trip will be on my Dad, so HE will be spending A LOT.

It's a gift for my family (me, my husband & our 2 boys) from him since he said we "never ask him for money" like the rest of my siblings and he wanted to do something special for us. It would have been easy for him to just give us some money, I suppose- but he really wanted to do this for us.

So he's paying, and I'm planning. From time to time I email him with updates & ask his opinion about this or that- and one of his replies was this:

Jennifer, Thanks for investing the time (and my money) into having it be a good trip. Let's not worry too much about the cost, since this should be something very special for two very special boys.

Couldn't you just explode?? I love my daddy!!
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

It is a very loving father who would do this for his daughter. But you must be a very loving daughter , too! Hope you and your children create some great memories!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
super_camper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Our trip over July 4th, 2013!

$1,080.03---Camping 9 nights in Fort Wilderness for 4 adults, 1 child, 1 infant
$1,469.72---Tickets/4adults/7 days with park hopper(including tax)
$ 348.26---Tickets/1child/7 days with park hopper(including tax)
$ 439.00---Golf cart/7 nights (including tax)
$ 500.00---Gas/12 hour trip(depending on gas prices)
$1,000.00---Food allowance for inside or outside parks
$ 500.00---Shopping, extra, etc.,

$5,337.01---TOTAL

I will have $220 in gift cards to bring. Camper will already have packed what I need in it before I leave with plates, cups, food, drinks etc.,
We have not made any dining reservations! Since I'm not on the free dining plan(that is so nice) I will probably just make 1 or 2 if any!
We've been traveling down to the Fort from Ontario for years, we used to come every Christmas and March break but we cut out the March trip as my kids have moved on from high school and no longer have a break in March.

We've tried all sorts of different things over the years to save especially when our dollar was trading around 65 cents but most years we end up spending about the same amount of money - $10K or just under for 12-14 days at the Fort and at least 4 days of travel. With the value of the dollar today a Fort vacation is a lot more affordable for us Canadians.
super_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Jennifer41
Housework? What housework? MOUSEWORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Hope you and your children create some great memories!
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
DisneyDiva8401
Mouseketeer

1 week partial hook ups with 6 adults came to $80 -$100 per person.
Military tickets- $156 4 day park hopper.per person
Parents ate footing the bill for gas and hoop de doo.
So it comes to about $500 for my husband and I plus whatever food which is usually counter service (about $20 per meal) and souvenirs which we don't buy a lot of any more.

Needless to say.....fort wilderness helps make disney family vacations very affordable!! And the military tickets are super helpful!!!

DisneyDiva8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
jojosam
Mouseketeer

8 nights at the end of September should cost us about $1400 for campsite and tickets (4 day military hopper with water parks option). No dining plan, but making 4 ADR (one choice each). We figure food to be in the $800-$1000 range. No clue what spending $ will be. Figure another $500 for fuel to get there and home. I don't see us going over $4000 total.
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

10 nights preferred campsite - April 9 - April 19 - 2 adults

$937.16 - campsite
$600 - 700 - food (we are light eaters)
$350 -AP tickets (3rd 10 night trip, so total divided by 3)
$600 - fuel for MH round trip
$ 30 - Flower & Garden Festival pins (maybe)

$2,500 total approx.

We are not Disney shoppers anymore. Have enough mugs and other souvies from several years ago to last our lifetimes LOL

No meals cooked in MH, but do take our coffee and some snacks.
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #9
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Five nights (June 30-July 4) at a basic site (tent camping).
Two day tickets with water parks and more.
This will be paid for with My Disney Rewards.

We are driving down and planning to eat many meals at the campsite.

I don't have a firm number, but I'm ballparking about $600 oop.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer41 View Post
A LOT.

Actually, to be fair... Most of this trip will be on my Dad, so HE will be spending A LOT.

It's a gift for my family (me, my husband & our 2 boys) from him since he said we "never ask him for money" like the rest of my siblings and he wanted to do something special for us. It would have been easy for him to just give us some money, I suppose- but he really wanted to do this for us.

So he's paying, and I'm planning. From time to time I email him with updates & ask his opinion about this or that- and one of his replies was this:

Jennifer, Thanks for investing the time (and my money) into having it be a good trip. Let's not worry too much about the cost, since this should be something very special for two very special boys.

Couldn't you just explode?? I love my daddy!!
Your boys are so blessed to have such a wonderful grampa!
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom
Five nights (June 30-July 4) at a basic site (tent camping).
Two day tickets with water parks and more.
This will be paid for with My Disney Rewards.

We are driving down and planning to eat many meals at the campsite.

I don't have a firm number, but I'm ballparking about $600 oop.
We will be at the Fort during that time as well.

For us:

12 nights at the Fort: ~$1200 for premium site
Annual pass: cost us $399 each for 3 bought back in November and used for 8 days already
Food: still up in the air about this but thinking $1000
Gas: $1000 round trip

It is hard to tally up our total since we can't really factor in our passes seeing as they have already paid for themselves. I would say $4000 would be an estimate but that is not including food and campsite for drive to and from the Fort.

yeah we are at Disney now!
Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
super_camper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
10 nights preferred campsite - April 9 - April 19 - 2 adults

$937.16 - campsite
$600 - 700 - food (we are light eaters)
$350 -AP tickets (3rd 10 night trip, so total divided by 3)
$600 - fuel for MH round trip
$ 30 - Flower & Garden Festival pins (maybe)

$2,500 total approx.

We are not Disney shoppers anymore. Have enough mugs and other souvies from several years ago to last our lifetimes LOL

No meals cooked in MH, but do take our coffee and some snacks.
I would love to get my food costs down to this. How do you get away with $60/day if you don't prepare any meals in the MH?

Two for breakfast at trails end is over $40 and probably closer to $50 with tip and tax so not much left for rest of the day - maybe a couple of apples and a bottle of water the parks.
super_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_camper View Post
I would love to get my food costs down to this. How do you get away with $60/day if you don't prepare any meals in the MH?

Two for breakfast at trails end is over $40 and probably closer to $50 with tip and tax so not much left for rest of the day - maybe a couple of apples and a bottle of water the parks.
Very easy As I said we are light eaters. Most days we split a breakfast about 10:00 (breakfast sandwich, cinnamon roll), eat a snack about 2:30pm, then about 4:00-5:00 we each have a CS. We have coffee in the MH in AM (sometimes (not always) we eat a granola bar), then if we are hungry when we get back at night we will have popcorn, chips & dip, etc. Some days, if something catches our fancy, we will have two separate snacks/desserts ea. but still don't usually reach $60. Two snacks/desserts at the parks are our limit though, as we are definitely stuffed.

We are not big on drinking soft drinks, so it's water all day. We have 3 ADR's for dinner during our stay, so on those days we eat less during the day, then always have dinner at 5pm (those days obviously go over $60, but they average out).

This in not an intentional $$ limit. We get what we want, but the last few trips, I have saved our receipts, and they have totaled in the ball park of $600-700 for food. We're definitely *not* penny pinching, this is just how we live.

We just sort of snack our way through the days instead of having scheduled big meals - that's just our Disney way!

Also, you mentioned a large breakfast at Trail's End. We seldom do large breakfasts, but if we do, it's late (more of a brunch) then *that* tends to be our large meal of the day. We never eat more than one large meal a day, even at home.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
We will be at the Fort during that time as well.

For us:

12 nights at the Fort: ~$1200 for premium site
Annual pass: cost us $399 each for 3 bought back in November and used for 8 days already
Food: still up in the air about this but thinking $1000
Gas: $1000 round trip

It is hard to tally up our total since we can't really factor in our passes seeing as they have already paid for themselves. I would say $4000 would be an estimate but that is not including food and campsite for drive to and from the Fort.
Where did you find AP's for $399 each? We bought ours 10 months ago, and they were closer to $550 each. Our passes were paid for also, but I just broke the total down into 3 trips. You would have to break your cost into two trips, if that's what you are getting out of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
DentalDana2
Mouseketeer

We are spending 9 nights 8/8-8/17 on a partial site. At this point we have 8 day non hoppers - 2 adults and 2 chores (may reduce it to 6). With trip insurance the total is $1890. I put $200 down and have accumulated $1600 in Disney Visa rewards over the last 3 years. My boys have gotten enough Disney gift cards to cover their spending money. We have 6 TS meals reserved and the rest will be a combo of campsite/CS/packed meals. My budget for food is ~$1000. I've reserved a golf cart from Kenny for ~$350 and budgeting $800 in travel expenses round trip from SE PA.

Every time I have a low $$ grocery week, I'm trying to pick up a GC. I figure that by August I'll have enough $$ between GC and added Visa rewards, I should be able to cover all of our park dining.

So total OOP is estimated at ~$1500 mainly for golf cart, groceries, and travel expenses.

1982 - offsite
1992 - offsite
2000 - ASMo
2002 - CBR
2009 - ASSp
2013 - Fort Wilderness
2015 - BCV
DentalDana2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: