Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #31
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer25mom
Don't worry about what they think, they don't have to raise the baby, you do! I only have one, and people think I am nuts. People think its ok to ask: "When is __________ getting a brother or sister?" and "why can't you have another baby?" when they know nothing about our situation. I think people just natually expect everyone else to want what they want as far as kids go. Really, its none of their business. I have a friend who has 4 boys, the oldest of which is in first grade. Personaly, I would lose my mind and cannot imagine anyone signing up for that, but she is happy and I would never presume to tell her what to do with her life
Same here we have one and ONLY one. People always telling us we have to have at least one more and oh everyone says only one but you will have more... Uh no! Back off! People think their way is the only way! Sheesh! Lol
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
SpartanMommy
Mouseketeer

I don't have any advice, I just wanted to say congratulations!!
SpartanMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #33
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

First of all Congrats!
Next there is no need to jump on selling your house you have 3/4 of a year before baby is even born and an infant can easily spend the first year in your room after that every one can make sacrifices for a little while until everything comes together.
Don't let them get you down
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

I'm 43 and have four boys ages 20, 18, 7 & 5 and I'd have another if I could. If they can't be happy & excited for you then just ignore them. I'm excited for you and I don't even know you. I just love babies
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #35
cogero
DIS Veteran

First let me Babies are super exciting.

I am currently pregnant with number 3. Thankfully my family is super excited for us and this is a total shocker to DH and I. I suffer from secondary infertility after my daughter so when I had my son at 36 I was shocked. Now I am 41 and will give birth in June. I will admit being pregnant this time around has been hard on me physically and mentally but now that I am 24 weeks I am starting to get super excited and nervous.

Good luck.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #36
Shea&Van
&Waves

Hi there!

Just wanted to pop in and say "CONGRATS!!" Please do not give those folks another second of thought. Focus on you and this wonderful blessing. In time, I pray they will come around. If not, start praying for them

I'm very excited for you and sending you lots and lots of !!

Celebrate this glorious moment!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Congrats! I had my youngest at 40. I had a perfect pregnancy, she is perfect and we are a super happy family. I understand that it hurts but don't let them spoil your good news.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #38
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! A baby is always a miracle and a cause for celebration.

The only tips and advice I have about the naysayers in your family: Screw 'em.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #39
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Sorry, OP, that your family is not thrilled with this news. I would leave them be for awhile as most important is your marriage, other children and new pregnancy.

Not really sure why it's anyone's business how or why a child is conceived? Whether baby was planned or not, your immediate family, being your spouse and children, and of course yourself, are thrilled and welcoming of new baby. That is what is most important.

I would give them all some time, and feel them out as your pregnancy progresses. I would not want any of them to be rude to you, nor exclude this new baby, so you may have to cut some people out of your life on a temporary basis, and you should give yourself permission to do that, as your family and health are most important right now.

The immature adults in your family need to learn to keep their mouths shut!

Happy pregnancy, Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #40
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
Congratulations on your growing family. I was 42 when or 6th baby was born, you are not old!

Currently my 6 range in age from 15 to 2, it isn't always easy having an age spread, but you just make it work. We live in a house that is not quite 2000 sq ft. Everyone has to share a room (DS15 & DS13 in one room, DD9 has her own for now, DS7 & DS4 in one room and DD2 is still in our room. So just because your family if growing doesn't always mean you have to sell your house.
I totally agree with you! Babies take up so little space at first, even their clothes are tiny!

Make due with the space you have if you can, and enjoy your new little one!
sweetcreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #41
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

How can a new baby being brought into a loving family be anything other than wonderful?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

My family had a similar reaction to number 4 and honestly I just got angry. My brother made a sarcastic comment to me and I said "It's not like you have to support or help me in any way so why do you even care?" and he apologized. DH's mom once said "I guess they haven't figured out how that happens yet." in front of some other relatives, she thought she was being cute, but I was offended. I said "we know exactly how it happens, why do you think we have so many kids?"

But we really don't have any support from family, when my husband deployed no one came to visit even on the holidays, they don't get gifts or anything. If they had tried to be more involved in their lives I would have been a little easier on them. Don't let your family take away your happiness though, in the end it's a decision between you and your husband.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #43
spel
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say congratulations on your exciting baby news! You've already gotten some great advice here and I hope it helps you figure things out. A baby is such a blessing- it's nice to see how excited you & hubby are and how appreciative you are. I wish you the best!
spel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #44
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

CONGRATS!!!!
A baby is such great news. Regardless of what anyone else seems to want to make a remark about. This baby will be loved. I don't know why family seems to want to say things like that. I have a similar story. I had it all typed out but it is really long and involves alot.
Just enjoy this new baby. I am considering having another myself.
We have 5- DH has two older ones 23 & 22, We have two teens 18 & 16, plus our " We are done" surprise who just turned 7. I have all boys and DH never was giving the chance to raise his daughter, so there is that little girl hope, but we might just wait for grandchildren. DH is 43 , I am 37.
My mother would poop if we did! LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #45
pocomom
Brr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidblue! View Post
I'm 40 years old & just found out we're having a baby...number 3! My husband & I have discussed adopting over the years, but it never seemed to be the right time. Right time or not, here comes baby! Our kids are thrilled. My husband is thrilled, absolutely happy. A new baby is just more love, he says.

The problem is family. They are stunned & rather frosty about our news. A few are excited, but most are not. Really not. One even said to me that our news was "crazy". My feelings are hurt. I'm guessing my age is a factor, and the fact that we will need to sell our house in a lousy market to make room for baby. I believe they think we're irresponsible?

Anyone gone through this? Tips, advice?

We're planning on WDW for May, when I'm at 20 weeks. (We were originally hoping for Sept 2013, in hopes of free dining, but I'll be giving birth that month instead!) We're not telling the in-laws...they are rather anti-Disney & we don't want any more reasons for more "cold shoulder"!
I would give them time to adjust. Some people just don't take surprises well , and they may have just not thought of a baby as a possibility. My mom who loves loves loves her grandkids was less than thrilled about #3. She just assumed I was done at 2 and isn't a fan of a large family and thought I was ruining things for myself. Now that he is here, she loves him just the same. Either way don't sweat it. Enjoy your wonderful news! and have a happy preganacy and healthy baby!
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: