Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
Painted Purple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover

Standing outside what?
Sorry I forgot to specify waiting outside the park.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Aspoonfullofsugar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsulindy View Post
Which day was that? It took us 45 minutes to get into our MM on Tues, Feb 12.

That's the day!
Aspoonfullofsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspoonfullofsugar View Post
That's the day!
I had no idea the photo system was down that day. But, no CM could tell us if we were in the right line for MM or not. It was ridic. There were many people moving from line to line b/c I CM would tell them one line. Then a CM would pass that line and tell them another. There were plenty of mad people who had waited in multiple lines. My favorite was when DH asked one CM if we were in the line for MM and the CM replied "You know, that is a good question."

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

How was it once you finally got in?

Disney REALLY needs to figure this multi-day hopper stuff out. For a company that prides itself in innovative rides and attractions, this is really pathetic.

We had SO many problems back in November when they were making 3-5 day hoppers stand in separate lines, we ended up missing our chance at RSR Fastpasses, we were delayed several times because ONE ticket was having issues and they reprinted it several times. Such a headache.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! So, does everyone get in one line and then you have difficulties if it's people needing pictures in front of you?

I guess the good news is that if we are some of the first ones at the gate, it will give us a little more time before the crowds get heavier. ;-)

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
roobug
Mouseketeer

We were there this weekend and it seems that the system has gotten worst. When we were there in January the CMs where out from the gate five or six feet catching those that needed pictures so the line could keep moving around those that needed pictures or were having problems. This weekend the CMs were inside the gates right in front of the turn stiles. It seemed like a mess and took forever when you got behind a group or two needing pictures.
roobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
RayB
Mouseketeer

Stay away from the CMs they are all sick today.My son had to go to work sick.Use your hand sanitizer lots of stuff going around..
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

We have AP's and we live here and go to the Parks often.

This whole system with the tickets is causing so many delays.

I wish they would come with a better system/plan for those buying day tickets.

Yes, we have AP's but at times there are several families in front of us and we are not waved on. We wait with everyone else. The lines are getting longer and longer because of this.

I wonder how they could improve this system??? Hmmm.

THERE ARE NO SPECIFIC LINES FOR THE MULTI DAY HOPPER PARK TICKETS. Everyone can get in any line they want.

We spoke to a CM one quiet day last month and (if I have this right) she said it is all due to many guests miss using the tickets they buy and going in and out multiple times bringing friends in and out with many of them NOT purchasing their own tickets. Ugh. So they needed to go back to a 'picture' system.

I have seen the CM's at times kinda grill a guest when they have MORE people then the number of tickets they hand the CM. Ugh.

AND people without AP's … GET.YOUR.HANDS.STAMPED. even your kiddos because the CM's look for that stamp as you go back and forth from DL to DCA.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

We are heading there in May and are buying APs and I sure hope this all gets sorted out before then - this is a bit rediculous that they can build Carsland but they can't figure out lines - seriously?

I agree with their motive - it is their method that is a bit odd - they are going to have to work this out as multi day passes are more common than APs - I thought I had read that they had dedicated lines for multi day pass holders and that this was helping with the lines - why would they change that?
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Sorry for your long wait to get in.

This really is ridiculous -- I can understand problems on the first day or two, but to expect people to put up with this for this long is really not ok. It shouldn't take almost an hour to enter the park. I really hope they hear enough complaints that this doesn't become a normal thing.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
mullii5
Mouseketeer

First trip to DL coming up in June so I have no idea if this is possible.

On our arrival day, we are not going to the parks...can we go to the esplanade and get the photo taken (assigning the pic to the ticket) without going into the park?

A bit of a preemptive move to save time...

May 1995 All-Star Sports
May 1997 All-Star Music
October 2001 All-Star Movies
May 2003 All-Star Sports
December 2008 - Off Site
Late May/Early June 2010 - Port Orleans-Riverside
Disneyland Hotel - June 2013
mullii5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
BarbLM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullii5
On our arrival day, we are not going to the parks...can we go to the esplanade and get the photo taken (assigning the pic to the ticket) without going into the park?

I was going to ask there same question. In fact I sent an email to Disney asking them. Just sent it tonight have to wait and see.
BarbLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #28
kangamama
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure how I've missed this, but what is the deal with the photos? Why are they taking photos now on entry?
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #29
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullii5 View Post

That's actually a very good question. It's been asked if you could take a picture beforehand and upload it online, or if they could expedite this with hotel guests taking their pictures at the hotels (both answers are no), but I haven't heard of people wanting to go to the esplanade to take pictures. I'd love to know the answer to this to
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
anns
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullii5 View Post

I'm curious about this as well. We have a group of 6 with 5 day park hoppers and are arriving weds afternoon, but not going to the parks until rope drop thursday. I'll be very frustrated and annoyed if it takes an hour to get into the park, also I'll feel horrible for the ppl behind us in line!
anns is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: