Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
sab53085
Mouseketeer

A Split Stay Question

I currently have a package booked for this May at the Yacht Club. However, we decided we want to add 3 days to our trip before our current reservation at POR. What is the easiest way to do this so we can get our tickets when we arrive at POR vs. waiting until we check-in at the YC? Should I just call Disney Reservations and have them change it?
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
sab53085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
coluk003
Mouseketeer

Yes

Yes.
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

You can pick up your tickets up to 3 days prior to your original reservation. This is from the Everything About WDW Tickets Sticky posted by a very knowledgable CM.

I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up. (Note this cannot be done at a water park.)

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets. Note that if you have a package which includes Dining, although you can pick up your tickets early you cannot get access to the Dining until you have actually checked in to your Resort.

Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.

I would suggest you copy down the following information if you are planning to upgrade promotional tickets. If the person in the window is hesitant to upgrade these promotional tickets, ask them go go into The Hub >> WDW >> Work >> Ticketing >> Processes & Business Rules >> Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages where they will see the procedure.

Here's the link to the whole thread in case you have any other ticketing questions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick response. As far as adding on a new resort at the beginning of the trip, should I book that as a separate Room-Only reservation and just pick up my tickets early for my package at the YC?
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. As far as adding on a new resort at the beginning of the trip, should I book that as a separate Room-Only reservation and just pick up my tickets early for my package at the YC?
Disney does not acknowledge a split stay. To them you will have 2 separate reservations. You can book it however you want. You can do 2 packages, 1 at POR and 1 at YC. Or you can do a room only at POR and a package at YC. It's up to you.

It would be more economical to make your POR a room only. Then you can pick up your tickets early and then add a couple days to them once you use them the first time. The price per day goes down the longer you stay. In other words, it will cost more to have a package at POR with 3 days of park passes than it would to add 3 days to your YC package. I hope that makes sense.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Disney does not acknowledge a split stay. To them you will have 2 separate reservations. You can book it however you want. You can do 2 packages, 1 at POR and 1 at YC. Or you can do a room only at POR and a package at YC. It's up to you.

It would be more economical to make your POR a room only. Then you can pick up your tickets early and then add a couple days to them once you use them the first time. The price per day goes down the longer you stay. In other words, it will cost more to have a package at POR with 3 days of park passes than it would to add 3 days to your YC package. I hope that makes sense.
That's what I figured. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: