Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quick! Someone sedate me!

Our trip is only 5 days away and I'm so excited I just know I'm going to give it away before the big surprise!

I guess I'm going to focus on boring things like laundry and getting the house in order for the trip (I like coming home to an extra clean house) to keep my giddiness from spilling out lol

Come on Saturday!

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

We fly down Wednesday, I still have two working days and my wife just finished her last night shift this AM, she is now packing and getting things organized.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
basketballmom
Living in the Happiest Place in Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDisneyMama View Post
Our trip is only 5 days away and I'm so excited I just know I'm going to give it away before the big surprise!

I guess I'm going to focus on boring things like laundry and getting the house in order for the trip (I like coming home to an extra clean house) to keep my giddiness from spilling out lol

Come on Saturday!
This made me We leave in 12 days for our first spring break trip. I'm starting to get really excited!
Today, we are in the middle of a major blizzard, so I will be spending a lot of time on DISboards!
You will have a great time! Saturday will be here before you know it!!
DL July 2006 HoJo's
DL September 2007 DLH
WDW August 2008 POP/Contemporary
DL 2009 August BW Stovall's
DL 2010 July PPH
DL 2011 August Park Vue
DL 2012 August BW Stovall's
DL 2013 March HoJo's & PPH
DL 2014 July PPH
basketballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

So exciting!

We leave Thursday after work and I can hardly stand it! I am almost all packed and all snacks have been purchased! I'm ready to go!!

Two trips in the making...

August 1-4, 2014

December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

So close!! If you made it this far, you can conquer the last couple of days! So excited for you and your son

We're still too far out to pull out the suitcases or get much prep work done but the last month FLEW by so the next couple of weeks are going to go just as quick I'm sure. Our kids still don't know either. Still working on how to tell them...

SweetAlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

I am finally done with the waiting, packing, planning, and cleaning! We are a couple hours into our drive to California.

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

The hardest thing is trying to sleep the nights before the trip! Even a week out, I start having a tad bit of insomnia xD
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
The hardest thing is trying to sleep the nights before the trip! Even a week out, I start having a tad bit of insomnia xD
Pssst... Melatonin....

Works wonders and very mild... highly recommend it for this exact purpose. I could never sleep Sunday nights. Someone recommended this and I sleep like a baby... at least one day a week

SweetAlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I felt the same way when I won a couple of tickets to Knotts Berry Farm for my trip in Nov. I'm the biggest ride Chicken around (you can hear the clucking from here!!), so I'm going to have to go on California Screamin' a couple of times the night before I go to Knotts, as I've never been on a roller coaster before (I'm that chicken!!).
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
tbgmom
Mouseketeer

So exciting! I bet your kids are wondering why you're acting strange - if they notice.

Mom to 3 boys

Had an amazing 4 days at the DLR April 2013!

DL Oct 1982, WDW Dec 1993- Jan 94 (Christmas trip), DLR Dec 2009 (another Christmas trip), DLR April 2013
tbgmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
We fly down Wednesday, I still have two working days and my wife just finished her last night shift this AM, she is now packing and getting things organized.

Jack
Yay! You're almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
This made me We leave in 12 days for our first spring break trip. I'm starting to get really excited!
Today, we are in the middle of a major blizzard, so I will be spending a lot of time on DISboards!
You will have a great time! Saturday will be here before you know it!!
It WILL be here before I know it and then before I know it it'll be the day return home. Well there's a sobering thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlovesdis View Post
So exciting!

We leave Thursday after work and I can hardly stand it! I am almost all packed and all snacks have been purchased! I'm ready to go!!
Me, too! DS is currently banned from in our closet because it's full of variety packs of chips and crackers and juice boxes just waiting to be loaded into the car. I love Costco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex View Post
So close!! If you made it this far, you can conquer the last couple of days! So excited for you and your son

We're still too far out to pull out the suitcases or get much prep work done but the last month FLEW by so the next couple of weeks are going to go just as quick I'm sure. Our kids still don't know either. Still working on how to tell them...
I'm sure it'll be memorable however you decide to tell them I'll post a video of our big reveal when we get home. Unless it just horribly wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
I am finally done with the waiting, packing, planning, and cleaning! We are a couple hours into our drive to California.
Yay!! You should be there by now! Hope you're having a blast! Let me know how the crowds are when you go to the parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
I get insomnia when there isn't exciting trip to look forward to, so yes, this is not helping that lol Melatonin works wonders, though, as recommended by SweetAlex. Maybe it will you, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex View Post
Pssst... Melatonin....

Works wonders and very mild... highly recommend it for this exact purpose. I could never sleep Sunday nights. Someone recommended this and I sleep like a baby... at least one day a week
Agree completely! I love melatonin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgmom View Post
So exciting! I bet your kids are wondering why you're acting strange - if they notice.
Our son is four, but super perceptive, so wouldn't shock me if he suspects something up, but I hope we've managed to keep him from guessing!

I'm heading out tonight pick up a few more last minute things for the trip (things I haven't been able to pick up yet because he's almost always with me). Then tomorrow I've got to start packing so that it's all left for Friday night.

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
dreeger
Mouseketeer

So happy for everyone! We arrive on Friday. Doing 8 million loads of laundry to get ready. Packing soon! Woo hoo!

Past DL Trips:
June 2010 Homewood Suites, June 2012 Homewood Suites, February 2013 Marriott & Marriott Suites, May 2013 Residence Inn (Garden Grove), July 2013 Doubletree Orange, November 2013 Ayers Orange & Disneyland Hotel, March 2014 Doubletree Orange
dreeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
CaptainEIEIO
Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

I only have 333 days.
I cant even begin to count the times I was constantly at Disneyland since my first visit in 1962, then I moved to Alaska in 1969 and lost contact until....DL 1982, DL 1985, DL 1988, DL 1990, DL 1994, DL 1997, DL 1999 , DL 2004, DL 2005, DL 2007, WDW 2009 (Pop), DL 2012, WDW 2013 (Pop).
Me DW
CaptainEIEIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDisneyMama View Post

Come on Saturday!
We have been planning since 3/12. Kids have no idea. Hopefully they don't overhear us discussing any details. With our work schedules we get very little time to discuss details when they are not around. They know we are going to CA for a trip to San Diego but they have no idea we are going to the happiest place on earth. So we are going to concentrate on packing and cleaning the house. Found it interesting to find out we are not the only people that like coming home to a perfectly clean house after their vacation.

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
emacat
Polishing up my ears

I am so excited for you! Have a great time!
First WDW trip June 21-28 2013 at Port Orleans Riverside!

Mom Emilie

emacat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: