Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
nuge67
Mouseketeer

No hot water for two days and poor maid service

but otherwise, we liked the Pop and would stay there again.

Yes, that's right, 2 days. First day it happened my wife called down at 6:30 AM to let them know, CM said it is being worked on. Brutal for the 4 of us to shower in the freezing cold water, OK, so it happens.

Next day, same thing, we call down, CM said they already receied a bunch of calls and would fix it, wife is furious, me, I had to rough it out and shave with cold water. But my kids had to shower a 2nd day in freezing water.

IS THIS DISNEY?

3rd day my son gets a nasty fever and throws up on the bed, we call down to maid service at 7 AM asking for new sheets. 3 PM comes, he throws up on the 2nd bed and yet no one from housekeeping comes, even after my wife went down to complain, they came at 4:00...........

You would expect more from Disney but as mentioned, we would go back...
nuge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Someone would have gotten an earful from me, and I don't mean a Mickey ear, either. That's pathetic.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

That is really pathetic and I would NOT have been as gracious as you were about it. The first day, I would be wanting something for the trouble. I pay good money for a room, I expect it to be in working order.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Ariel1014
Earning My Ears

We have been here since Saturday and had no hot water Sunday morning. We are in the 70's. I figured it might have been due to all the marathon folks up and showering early.

April 1987 - Offsite
July 1989 - Offisite
Aug 1991 - Offsite
June 2001 - ASMu
Feb 2005 - Pop
Jan 2010 - Pop
Jan 25 - 30, 2011 - POFQ
Jan 27 - 31, 2012 - Pop
Feb 23 - March 1, 2013 POP
February 23 - March 1, 2014 Pop
Ariel1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
nuge67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel1014 View Post
We have been here since Saturday and had no hot water Sunday morning. We are in the 70's. I figured it might have been due to all the marathon folks up and showering early.
No, the whole 90's building was out, all day, not just in the AM!
nuge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Surprised about the sheets - twice we have had to call for sheets in the middle of the night and both times they were there within 10 minutes and they helped us put new sheets on and offered lots of extra towels, etc....
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
but otherwise, we liked the Pop and would stay there again.

Yes, that's right, 2 days. First day it happened my wife called down at 6:30 AM to let them know, CM said it is being worked on. Brutal for the 4 of us to shower in the freezing cold water, OK, so it happens.

Next day, same thing, we call down, CM said they already receied a bunch of calls and would fix it, wife is furious, me, I had to rough it out and shave with cold water. But my kids had to shower a 2nd day in freezing water.

IS THIS DISNEY?

3rd day my son gets a nasty fever and throws up on the bed, we call down to maid service at 7 AM asking for new sheets. 3 PM comes, he throws up on the 2nd bed and yet no one from housekeeping comes, even after my wife went down to complain, they came at 4:00...........

And you did not go down to front desk? Why not?
I would be annoyed and would have asked to be compensated.
Its your vacation,
and guess what...if you accidentally didnt pay, do you think Disney would have ignored it....dont think so.
Your expectation of a disney vacation is low...personally, Id drop them a note and let them know your situation and ask them to call you to discuss it.
Glad that despite all that, you had a good time?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge67 View Post
You're right, that isn't the service I've known to love from Disney. They have exceptional guest service, and they unfortunately dropped the ball on you. While the water mishap was frustrating (very frustrating), I'll give them that accidents, broken parts, etc. do happen from time to time. Yes, even at Disney things break. The poor maid service, though, is just plain bad. Not what you'd expect out of Disney at all. Most importantly, I'm glad you didn't let these sour notes ruin your entire experience and keep you from wanting to go back. I hope your next trip goes much smoother!
disneybliss2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

OP, you're a much more tolerant person than I am. The second morning without hot water would have found me planted at the front desk until they had moved us to another building or resort.

Hope your little one is feeling better.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I'm not one for making a big stink. BUT....after going through that one morning without hot water? If it had happened again I would be down at the front desk, chatting with a manager. I would have asked to either be compensated, monetarily, or moved to a different resort..immediately.
And no housekeeper showing up with clean sheets?? Unforgiveable. I completely understand that stuff happens. And that perhaps someone wasn't able to get there within minutes. But, someone should have been there within 30 mins..at least!!!

I wouldn't much care if there were runners who were up early and showering. I wouldn't much care about any excuses housekeeping would give. We pay a lot of money for these WDW stays....even at the values!! When we aren't given the basics of life....hot running water, clean sheets/bedding...then someone has dropped the ball in a big way. And something needs to change.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

I'm a tolerant person, but I would've been down at the front desk in a heartbeat. After the second day of no hot water, a different resort is the only compensation I would ask. I'm lenient, I understand that things happen beyond their control - but they do have control on how they treat their guests during that time.

Housekeeping would've been getting a call every 15 minutes in the first two hours if they hadn't shown up (and every 5 minutes after those first two hours).

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
wdwmom3
Mouseketeer

I would have been at the desk the second morning as well and demanded to be moved to a room with hot water even if it means changing resorts. If I didn't get the clean sheets I requested I would carry the puke covered ones down to the front desk and ask for clean ones. I bet they start moving quick then lol.
wdwmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

OP, sorry you had to deal with that. That is an appalling failure on Disney's part. I can understand your not wanting to waste even more time on having to go to the front desk, since you probably just wanted to get on with your vacation. The phone calls should have sufficed to get something done. Whether or not some call center offsite or an actual Pop CM is handling these calls should be irrelevant to guests paying lots of hard earned money staying there. That phone is there for a reason, and most people don't use them for anything but calling to get something they should be getting already for the money they've paid.

And then when DW actually goes to the desk to get something done about the sheets, they still were laggard. I'm normally kind of a Disney apologist, but this looks really bad on Disney.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm on Passporter's facebook page, and they mentioned that there was a shower and thermostat problem, but Maintenance was there 5 minutes after they called.

You called Maintenance and Housekeeping directly, yes? Did they ever give any explanation for the delay and lack of actual fixing things? (for those who don't know, when you use the Front Desk button on the in-room phone, you are not, not ever, connected to the hotel's front desk...you are sent to an offsite, probably out-of-state, call center, and communication between them and the hotel's on-site people is by no means perfect or instant)

What did they say at the front desk when you went there, I assume, at least at checkout? How was this resolved?

I dealt with cold water at the Hilton Anaheim once, when it was the entire building and we were checking out that morning before they would get the hot water on, but I wouldn't have dealt with it in any other circumstance.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
Freezing Cold B
Mouseketeer

I would write a letter to Disney. My aunt stayed at WL a few years ago, and on her stay there was a pair of slippers in the middle of the floor. She was there with my cousin and his girlfriend, so she assumed it was the girlfriends slippers. At the same time, the girlfriend assumed it was my aunts slippers. When they went to leave they both asked the other to whom the slippers belonged. It was clear the room had not been properly cleaned prior to their arrival, and the previous occupants had left their slippers behind. There was also some black mold in the bathroom. Which she had pointed out to the front desk and housekeeping asking first to be moved (they said there were no other rooms available), and then to be cleaned (it never was). They were given three free nights at any WDW hotel. They went back a few months later and stayed at AKL.

My homes away from home: Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Grand Californian

Me (27) DBF(29) DM DSD
Freezing Cold B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: