Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Linas
Earning My Ears

Disney Easter Baskets

DH and I are taking our DD2.5 to DW for the first time in May. I have bought her a Color Wonder and some clearance Disney shirts from the Disney Store. I am needing more ideas of Disney themed/age appropriate items I can get her to fill her Easter basket for the trip to DW. Any help appreciated!

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

Linas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linas View Post
DH and I are taking our DD2.5 to DW for the first time in May. I have bought her a Color Wonder and some clearance Disney shirts from the Disney Store. I am needing more ideas of Disney themed/age appropriate items I can get her to fill her Easter basket for the trip to DW. Any help appreciated!
How about a Disney/princess swimsuit and coverup, sunglasses, hat, sandals, socks, and maybe even a beach towel. Maybe that's more than you'd usually spend on an Easter basket, but it's probably stuff you'll be buying anyway before your trip. I'd add a couple Disney books for the plane or car ride and a water bottle or other spill-proof cup with a character on it.

Other Disney, but not trip-specific ideas are puzzles (our Dollar Tree always has princess/Mickey puzzles!), stickers, coloring books, bubbles (think I saw some Minnie ones at Walmart???).
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Disney pajamas
Disney swimsuit
autograph book
Disney Store figure playset from her favorite movie/show
One of the new Magi-Clip princess sets
Fisher-Price wheelies in a Disney character (they just came out with princess cars and they also have Toy Story ones that are super cute.)
Some princess Little People sets
Disney Princess Duplo blocks or Winnie the Pooh ones (they have a new Mickey set too, though that might be pricey for an Easter basket depending upon your budget.)
Diecast Pixar Cars
Disney princess Play-Doh set
favorite character plush toy
Disney purse or backpack (they have tons of cute Minnie ones out there.)
Disney bows or headbands from Etsy
Disney books
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

PPs stole my ideas! Okay, great minds think alike. To add to this:
* Disney beach towel which pp mentioned (which you can get personalized at the disneystore.com and that has proven itself worth it in the long run)
* Disney pool toy/bath toy. There is a cute little pull string nemo I've seen at Target/Wal-Mart, etc. that might be her speed!
* disney sunglasses, hat, flip-flops
* disney fruit snacks
* CDs of Disney music -- kids love listening to those in the car.
* DVDs -- think off beat like Pixar Short Films or Mater's Tall Tales or Melody Time. Those are perfect for that age range as they are little shorts in a DVD.
* luggage! Her own little princess carry-on or backpack or even lunchbox for snacks.
* Disney Memory game
* ditto on the books, coloring books, stickers, etc.
* dress up clothes -- Little Dress Up shop and other places have ones without velcro, glitter and that are machine washable and zulily sometimes has them on sale -- score! Also check out the fancy nightgowns the Disneystore.com that are like the real deal outfits. My DD often wore those around the house as dress-up and I saw several of those at a Disney on Ice event last year.
* dress up shoes
* crown -- not totally disney but Claire's have the plastic comb kind that are a bit more comfortable and relatively inexpensive.
* disney toothbrushes and disney bandaids

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Good call on the luggage, Pesky. My parents bought both of my kids one of the Heys Disney hardshell 18inch bags on sale at one of the warehouse stores. The kids LOVE those bags and bring them as carry-ons on flights and on weekend trips. They are so durable and adorable.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Linas
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for your help. I have quite the list for her Easter basket. I just hope she will be excited to receive all the new Disney stuff.

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

Linas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Disney light chasers too! Or plain glow bracelets/necklaces for the parades. Brinbaums Disney for kids. (My daughter couldn't understand everything in there at 2, obviously, but loved looking at the pictures and having me talk about them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: