Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Tggrtoes
Earning My Ears

Crowds and Plan for Sun, 3/10-Tues, 3/12

Hi there - taking DS(5) to DL for first trip... not quite WDW "vets", but have been there several times, but not been to DL since college.

Wondering what folks things the crowds will be like those days? I know it's beginning of spring break, which is why we're going then.

We will have MM one day with our park hoppers. I read the ENTIRE MM super thread and if I understand rules correctly, we plan to use on Sunday for DL (I can't use in DCA, right since not staying onsite?). I am hoping to get premium seating package for fantasmic since due to a foot injury, I will be desperate to sit down and can't camp out as long.

I think Wednesday is our best day to start at DCA and try to get CarsLand since it's not an early admission day there. Does that sound right? Or is it bad to wait until our last day to try Carsland, with a small boy that is excited about it? (with hoppers, we could definitely try to FP and go over in evening one day?)

Last question is re: parking. We're staying at Hyatt Orange County, so for MM it sounds like our best bet is to hopefully take the tram over (I need to find out when the first departure is from hotel) or else be the first in line at Mickey & Friends parking structure. Right? Any other transportation suggestions?

I need to call tomorrow (Monday) and make our character dining PS... I think we're going to try for late breakfast at Minnie & Friends and then do Surfs Up with Mickie on Thursday (when we are driving home and don't have park tickets)

Thanks for answers and any advice... I am a bit of a control freak, yet haven't had time to plan like I have going to WDW in past, so I'm starting to FREAK out.
Tggrtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

The very first post in the superthread says when MM is:
Quote:
1. Magic Morning (MM)

What? Entrance to Disneyland Park one hour before official park opening to ride select attractions. You cannot use MM at DCA at this time.

Who? Guests can take advantage of MM by purchasing ANY ticket of 3 or more days. This will entitle the ticket holder to one MM admission. There are some exceptions such as Gay Day, military, and convention tickets, but most big name ticket sellers have MM eligible tickets (Disney, AAA, Costco, So. Cal City Pass, most online sources such as ARES Travel)

When? MM is currently offered on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. And MM is ALWAYS one hour before official park opening.

How? Enter just like you would normally and the MM is deducted from your ticket. There is no extra piece of paper or voucher needed for MM.
So no, not Sunday.

I'm confused- you said you are going 3/10 thru 3/12 (Tuesday) then you ask about Wednesday

The superthread first post explains which days are early days. You say Wednesday for DCA is not an early day- but it is
Quote:
The schedule for EMH is as follows:
-EMH for Disneyland Park is offered on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
-EMH for Disney California Adventure is offered on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
You should start at DCA on Tuesday then. You go do you MM for 45 minutes then go line up for DCA if you are there just 3/10-3/12.

Last edited by danaesacto; 02-24-2013 at 07:03 PM.
danaesacto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Tggrtoes
Earning My Ears

Sorry, i'm having date issues... it IS Sunday to Tuesday

As to EMH, i guess I got confused with EMH as I checked disneyland.com and it says Sunday is an EMH day... but maybe that's just for onsite guests. I read that several days after the super thread, so I guess I need to read the super thread again to remind myself of all the particulars. the disney website is very misleading! (which i know is referenced in the thread). Thanks for pointing out my issues.

Darn - that puts a kink in my plans with MM being the day I need to go to DCA. I'd seen other people mentioning that, but it didn't click. Oh well - it will still be MAGICAL!

Last edited by Tggrtoes; 02-24-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tggrtoes View Post
Sorry, i'm having date issues... it IS Sunday to Tuesday

As to EMH, i guess I got confused with EMH as I checked disneyland.com and it says Sunday is an EMH day... but maybe that's just for onsite guests. I read that several days after the super thread, so I guess I need to read the super thread again to remind myself of all the particulars. the disney website is very misleading! (which i know is referenced in the thread). Thanks for pointing out my issues.

Darn - that puts a kink in my plans with MM being the day I need to go to DCA. I'd seen other people mentioning that, but it didn't click. Oh well - it will still be MAGICAL!
Absolutely all the early entry programs get confusing. Just read the very first post of the superthread- it has the nuts and bolts. MM is for 3 day or more ticket holders and DL only. EMH is both parks for onsite guests, alternating days. APEE is for annual pass holders and will be DL on your Sunday.

I am there Sat-Mon the same weekend. I will have to do what you are doing- go to MM for 45 minutes then go over to DCA. It shouldn't be too bad, we may not get to do everything we wanted during our MM but we will still do a lot and then be ready for DCA.

It will be busy but shouldn't be crazy. I think Monday and Tuesday will be okay because it is SB for just some people, not many but you still get the benefit of the longer hours.

Have a great time! (Oh and I know nothing of parking- we stay at the BWPPI across the street).
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Also, remember that the new Fantasy Faire is opening on March 12th, so you MAY see a spike in crowds. Not sure how crowded though.

EDIT: We'll be there March 11-12! Hope to see you there :D
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Tggrtoes
Earning My Ears

Thanks a bunch! When I relooked at the EMH and MM, it was so clear that I mixed them up - and here I thought I was so cool reading the ENTIRE super thread.

I think we will also try to hop over to DCA and try to get a FP some other time too... just so we don't save it all to the last day. I'm really hoping to avoid parking - If shuttle works out time wise, we'll do that, but I have no problem doing a taxi if needed on that MM since we want to be there super early. I definitely think staying within walking distance is best, but we're staying FREE at Hyatt, so well worth the hassle.

Now on to my next stressor... figuring out where all I can get either chicken nuggets, cheese pizza or spaghetti since those are only main things DS will eat. I know they are fairly plentiful in a kid-friendly environment like DL, but know that it's still hit/miss who serves them. Thank goodness he'll eat lots of fruits and veggies!

Trip is just around the corner. Happy dance!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: