Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

Question Goth Days - seriously? almost want to cancel trip now.

Just read about Goth Days - apparently they are on a different weekend this year and we were planning to go to the parks on the Friday and Sunday that this event will be going on.

I almost want to totally replan our trip now as I can just imagine how this could totally ruin Disneyland for a family of 4.

Has anyone else been there during these days - is it a complete disruption to other people who are in the park during this time?

March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

We have been there twice during Goth days and we had a blast both times. It ruins nothing unless you let it. Kids were asking why people were "dressed up" but nothing besides that....and it was very HOT and they dressed in black.

Jack
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine View Post
Just read about Goth Days - apparently they are on a different weekend this year and we were planning to go to the parks on the Friday and Sunday that this event will be going on.

I almost want to totally replan our trip now as I can just imagine how this could totally ruin Disneyland for a family of 4.

Has anyone else been there during these days - is it a complete disruption to other people who are in the park during this time?

Why do you think it will ruin your trip?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, I'm interested in why you think it will ruin your trip too. Some of my best friends are Goths. We have UK Goth Central not far from us (Whitby Abbey)
Old 02-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
robinb
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to figure out how Goth Days will be different than any other weekend at DL .
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We have been at the DLR several times during Bats Day. The "Goths" are no different than anybody else at the resort. This is a group of people visiting the DLR with their families and friends, just as everyone else is.
Not once did we see a Bats Day participant acting in an inappropriate or disruptive manner. they are there to have a fun day at the disneyland resort, just like you.

The goths aren't going to "ruin" your trip, only you can do that.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

We have been in the resort a few times during Goth Days. It was no different than any other day, just a lot of black clothing and eye makeup. I have heard stories of inappropriate pics on Splash during it, but never seen one. I would say the cheerleader competitions are more of a hindrance to a good time than the goth peeps. That many teen aged girls and their drama is always interesting...that coming from the mother of two teen girls.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
profa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDisMom View Post
We have been in the resort a few times during Goth Days. It was no different than any other day, just a lot of black clothing and eye makeup. I have heard stories of inappropriate pics on Splash during it, but never seen one. I would say the cheerleader competitions are more of a hindrance to a good time than the goth peeps. That many teen aged girls and their drama is always interesting...that coming from the mother of two teen girls.
Ha ha, yes nothing against the cheerleaders but i do agree on that.
But I too am wondering why goth days would be any kind of hinderance? You can probably put on a black shirt and get the discount they offer through DLR for tickets.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
dragonflycurls
Mouseketeer

I see no reason to replan the trip.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
blaqjaq
Aussie Adventurer

Quote:

Yes it'll ruin your trip, stay away. In fact - never go back to DL out of protest and it may be an idea to leave Cali all together.....

/end sarcasm.

You can't be serious?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

For real? What's wrong with Goths? Do they assault people in public or chase little kids or eat the heads off bats (worse yet, mice)?

Just because others live a lifestyle different than yours doesn't make them dangerous, disruptive, or able to convert you without your consent.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou

Just because others live a lifestyle different than yours doesn't make them dangerous, disruptive, or able to convert you without your consent.
OP did not say this at all. No one has given them a chance to explain why they are worried. Please don't make assumptions.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
OP did not say this at all. No one has given them a chance to explain why they are worried. Please don't make assumptions.
The OP is the one that was assuming that a certain group of people at the park would ruin their trip. My statement was a blanket statement. Please don't make assumptions
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
disneylovingfamily:4
Mouseketeer

We have been there during Goth Days. It was fine. If I didn't know about Goth Day, I wouldn't have even known the difference.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
roobug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou

The OP is the one that was assuming that a certain group of people at the park would ruin their trip. My statement was a blanket statement. Please don't make assumptions
It may have nothing to do with the people but the fact that a big event is planned when they are going. Many think of changing plans when a medical convention or cheer comp is during their trip.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: