Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Oh and I just wanted to add that our rain/waterproof pants were in addition to our regular pants or jeans.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

We are going on the next cruise right after your's (June 3-10) and we are struggling with the same questions. Today I ordered waterproof low hiking shoes for my dd10 and myself. They were a little pricey, but I figure they will be useful for other hiking as well--and if nothing else, they'll be great standing on the wet soccer fields here at home too! I still need to order shoes for my dd8.

I also ordered them each a light rain jacket that they can wear the whole time and I figure we'll layer Under Armour and fleece pullovers underneath. I'm also thinking I might have them toss in their winter vests....that might be a bit much though and might take up too much room.

I plan to do the same sort of thing for myself....I actually have a zip-out fleece-lined anorak, so I might just take that with me. Unfortunately, it isn't a fleece that can be worn on its own....so I'll likely that a lighter one for layering too.

I'm trying to figure out pants/shirts too. Jeans are a given as are short/long sleeve shirts....but it's June--so capris too? Shorts? Swimwear? Sandals?

I like to be prepared---but I hate overpacking (and inevitably I do and just get frustrated when it clutters up the stateroom) so I'm struggling to figure out the balance too!

Last edited by emma'smom; 02-25-2013 at 10:12 PM.
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #18
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

We're cruising in August and are going to waterproof our existing trainers/tennis shoes. We do have walking boots but they're heavier in weight and I'm thinking of our luggage allowance. We're also bringing waterproof over-trousers as well as waterproof jackets as we're going on a bear viewing trip and it's a long time to be stood there getting wet if it rains.

What I'd like to know is will it be warm enough to wander round the Wonder in open sandals/flip flops? I don't mean out on the open deck but the interior of the ship. I'm going to be packing them anyway as we're off to California straight after the cruise but I didn't know whether I'd need to pack a pair of covered shoes as well.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 02-26-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
....What I'd like to know is will it be warm enough to wander round the Wonder in open sandals/flip flops? I don't mean out on the open deck but the interior of the ship. I'm going to be packing them anyway as we're off to California straight after the cruise but I didn't know whether I'd need to pack a pair of covered shoes as well.
I'm bringing my Fitflops as we're off to Orlando a few days after our cruise but I'm not sure if I'll wear them on the cruise. I'm sure it will be warm enough inside the ship but I'll probably want to pop outside quite a bit to take in the view

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #20
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

We sailed in May, 2010. My DD was 5 at the time. I basically took some layers and a lined windbreaker/waterproof jacket that I found at Target. Did not take waterproof pants or special shoes. Maybe we were lucky with the weather, but it only rained a bit in Ketchikan and nothing like the downpours we are used to in Florida, so it wasn't bad at all. Not too cold either. In fact, during the Tracy Arm day, they had the kids club up on deck and DD ran around in there and ended up taking off her jacket and being all sweaty (there were also kids in the pools, lol). Just our experience, but it was not freezing or particularly wet where I felt we needed special gear so to speak.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #21
zandlmom
Earning My Ears

Helpful info! We aren't doing any extensive hiking but I'm wondering if we wear our tennis shoes will they be muddy and ruined? Trying to figure out whether we should buy some hiking shoes or just waterproof what we have and hope we don't end up soggy and muddy.
zandlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #22
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears
We're cruising in August and are going to waterproof our existing trainers/tennis shoes. We do have walking boots but they're heavier in weight and I'm thinking of our luggage allowance. We're also bringing waterproof over-trousers as well as waterproof jackets as we're going on a bear viewing trip and it's a long time to be stood there getting wet if it rains.

What I'd like to know is will it be warm enough to wander round the Wonder in open sandals/flip flops? I don't mean out on the open deck but the interior of the ship. I'm going to be packing them anyway as we're off to California straight after the cruise but I didn't know whether I'd need to pack a pair of covered shoes as well.
Which bear trip are you doing? I have anan booked
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: