Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
ktlm
DIS Veteran

We absolutely love both. The thing that gives the Poly the edge for us, is the room size and the closeness to the TTC to grab the express monorail to Epcot. Aside from that, we would probably prefer WL. We really enjoy that everything is in one building at WL, and it is beautiful. I will say that a ground floor courtyard view might be a little loud, but maybe not so much in November when the mornings might be a little cooler. The one time we had a courtyard instead of a woods view, we were on the 3rd floor right outside the seating area where people take their CS outside to enjoy and the path down to the boat, and it got pretty loud outside our window in the mornings.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27
I am watching this thread closely!

My first ever WDW trip in December included 9 days at the Poly. I was underwhelmed.

I have been excited about trying WL in December of this year. I've narrowed it down to Contemporary or WL, with WL edging out the CR.

Keep the info flowing Poly and WL fans!!
If you were underwhelmed by the poly I don't know if disney has anything to offer you that you will be impressed with.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
If you were underwhelmed by the poly I don't know if disney has anything to offer you that you will be impressed with.
I disagree. We stayed at the Poly a number of years ago and it did not appeal to us. A few years ago we gave it another try and again, we did not like it at all.
The CMs were indifferent, the rooms are dark and gloomy, the Volcano pool is too small for the resort's size, the monorail is always crowded with people coming and going for the meals.
On the other hand, we love other WDW resorts, especially, CSR, BWV, BC, and AKV.

Last edited by Robbi; 02-26-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: sp
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi

I disagree. We stayed at the Poly a number of years ago and it did not appeal to us. A few years ago we can it another try and again, we did not like it at all.
The CMs were indifferent, the rooms are dark and gloomy, the Volcano pool is too small for the resort's size, the monorail is always crowded with people coming and going for the meals.
On the other hand, we love other WDW resorts, especially, CSR, BWV, BC, and AKV.
Wow. Well that's good now I don't feel so bad about not being able to afford the stay there.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #20
mklovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
We were also just at the Poly last month and will be back at the beginning of December this year because we loved it so much. One thing to keep in mind is that the Poly will be renovated though out this year so by the time you go back at the end of November the rooms at the Poly will be freshly renovated.
Thank you. That is exactly what my husband keeps saying. It would be nice to see them after they are freshly done. I am thinking maybe stick with the Poly this time while I have the 35% off since the Poly does not offer that much of a discount very often. Seems when they offer room discounts they knock Poly's down to 20% sometimes. .....Then while we are out there, check out Wilderness Lodge for our next stay.

Thanks again everyone for you imput
mklovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: