Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
italia218
Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom Dinner

Hello All!!

I have a trip planned for August this year and am torn between dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest for our night at the Magic Kingdom. It is just me and my bf going (we are both 29). We are going with deluxe dining and have the table service credit to go with a 2 table service meal and because Royal Table is 2, my bf wants to go there because he assumes the food will be better. My question is whether or not the Royal Table is 2 because of the experience or is the food worth it? Is it weird for 2 adults to go there for dinner? We have done breakfast there and were pleased. We don't need to do the whole princess experience again though..

What were your experiences at Be Our Guest? Going to good/fun dinners is always the crux of our planning.

Please let me know what you guys think!

As always, thank ya kindly!!
italia218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

If you can get it- get BOG. CRT is not known for great food (read reviews) in general. With that said- BOG might already be booked up. It books super fast. Make sure you book right at the 180 day mark!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

CRT is not at all worth the cost. Can not comment on Be Our Guest for dinner although it has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. If it was me I would take the monorail to the Poly for dinner at Kona Cafe.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

DH and I are in our 20s and I loved CRT. I wanted pictures with the Princesses but would've felt really stupid waiting in line. It was awesome to have them all come to our table and take pictures. That is what made it worth the two credits for us. The food was certainly not comparable to most two credit places, but for me, it was worth it for the experience.
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #5
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

When I had dinner at BOG, the clientele seemed to consist of more adults than other restaurants I've been to. Being in the ballroom is just overwhelming, it's so beautiful! They have candles on the tables and it's just very nice. I have not been to CRT since I was 12, but I believe the cost has more to do with the characters than the food. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun - I'd love to go back, if I could afford it - but you and your BF may enjoy BOG more. Since you've already had breakfast at CRT, that's another reason to try something different

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Crt

is two credits because of location and characters. We have had lunch there four times. Based on reviews on this board, I liked the food better than most, but it was not worth two credits by itself.

There are a number of convenient signature restaurants (2 credits) that will provide a better overall dining experience - food service, atmosphere, etc. Citricos and Narcoossee's in Grand Floridian, Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge and California Grille (which is supposed to be closing for rehab through the summer) in the Contemporary will all provide a better dining experience unless you are specifically looking for characters and dining in the castle.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Try and get BOG! It's a wonderful atmosphere. SO beautiful. We are planning a last-minute (well, sort of ... ) trip for May and we would love to go back there but can't get a reservation. If you see one for your dates, GRAB IT! You can always cancel it later, although I don't know why you would. LOL
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Don't assume anything about the food based on the price. CRT doesn't cost more because of the food. It costs more because of the iconic castle and characters visiting the tables.

I'm sure the food is comparable in both places. While I thought the appetizers at BOG were good to excellent, the entrees weren't even close.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

If you can get in I would go with BOG. In my opinion the food is much better. We did both in November and at CRT the waiter actually stopped my father from ordering one of the options. He told him "You really don't want that today." If you want to see the princesses without waiting in line, get into Tusker House for lunch.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkleKS View Post
If you want to see the princesses without waiting in line, get into Tusker House for lunch.
I think you mean Akershus. TH is Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

I got a BOG ADR for our August trip at the 180 day mark. I was flexible with the date and the time (I worked my other ADRs around the hopes of getting BOG), and although the time is a little on the early side, no big deal. I got one!! We ate at CRT 2 years ago and in our opinion it was just meh.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
JadeDragon
Mouseketeer

Between the two, I'd definitely choose Be Our Guest. Like others have said, the food at CRT is sort of meh. It's nice to do at least once though.

We had dinner at Be Our Guest 2 weeks ago and we were all very happy campers. The Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages appetizer was absolutely wonderful. DH and DD had the Pork Rack Chop and both said it was fabulous. I had the Strip Steak and it was delicious. (The pomme frites were amazing!)

We even lucked out and got The Grey Stuff for all three of us. Just a fantastic meal all the way around... and we loved eating in the West Wing.
JadeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: