Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
yoopertravelers
Mouseketeer

I need help!

I'm a planner and need help! We aren't cruising until the end of October but I need suggestions We are flying to Orlando on the 25th for our cruise that starts the 27th. We want to spend the day at the Magic Kingdom (8 people). I'm trying to be smart and not spend a bunch of money doing this. Would it be best to just take taxis from the airport to a hotel, then getting a transfer to the port by van? It's 240.00 roundtrip from the hotel to port, then back to the airport. Also, what hotels do you recommend that has shuttle services to the Magic Kingdom? I'm not sure I like the idea of being without a vehicle! What do you suggest?

We are so excited Can you tell?
yoopertravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

If you stay at a Disney property, you can take the free Magical Express buses from Orlando airport to hotel.

Then, take the buses from your resort to Magic Kingdom.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

If you are staying at a WDW resort, you can take ME from the airport to the resort. You would also have transportation to the parks and be able to take advantage of the EMHs.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

also cheaper to rent a car/minivan to take 8 people to the port from the Orlando area. the driver drops everyone off at the port, drives to the nearby rental car agency (try Budget) and then takes the free shuttle to the port.

Staying at one of Disney's value resorts also allows you to take advantage of the WDW perks as others have pointed out above. Then, when ready to leave for the port, one person can take the free ME back to the airport to pick up the rental vehicle(s) and drive back to resort to pick up everyone else and then drive to the port, returning the rental as described above.

It sounds complicated but actually very easy.
The rental car/van is cheaper than the DCL transfer once you go over 2-3 people.
We do the same in reverse when we disembark
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

We are staying at WDW before our cruise. We are staying on-site. We are taking the Magical Express from the airport to our WDW resort hotel. And since we are staying on-site, there is free transportation to get around all over WDW (buses, boats, monorail.) Then the morning of our cruise, we are using DCL transfers and having the DCL bus pick us up at our WDW resort and take us to Port Canaveral. Then after the cruise, the DCL bus is taking us back to the airport.

The Magical Express is free. And DCL transfers are $35 per person each way.
trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: