Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
tinkerbell_xo
Mouseketeer

Paying for Excursions

We are going on our first cruise and need some help, when do you pay for your excursions? is it possible to pay before you get there? also can you pay your gratuites before you get there? ive paid for the cruise fully, we leave in april so i just need some info on this if it is possible, thanks in advance
WDW x15 -> CBR, POR, POFQ, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, POP, and offsite (We stayed at these resorts numerous times)
DCA x1 -> offsite
tinkerbell_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_xo
We are going on our first cruise and need some help, when do you pay for your excursions? is it possible to pay before you get there? also can you pay your gratuites before you get there? ive paid for the cruise fully, we leave in april so i just need some info on this if it is possible, thanks in advance
I don't believe that you are charged for the excursions until you arrive. I also don't believe that you can pay in advance. My plan is to buy Disney Gift Cards on my Target redcard and get 5% off of them then just stow the cards away until we leave.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

You can call DCL and prepay your gratuities.

Excursions are charged to your cabin. You can not pre pay.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

When you get onboard you can bring cash and or disney gift cards to put on your ship board acct to cover excursions, palo, etc.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_xo View Post
Your excursions are charged to your onboard account on the day they occur.

You can buy yourself some onboard credits precruise here:
http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl...Form020613.pdf

It's on the lower right hand side of this form. That way all that will be prepaid before you board. And your account will have lots of credit in it.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo
In the past all our excursions have already been billed to our onboard account when we boarded. I had to swipe gift cards at guest services the first day to make sure our credit card wasn't auto-charged when the whole thing went over $500.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron

In the past all our excursions have already been billed to our onboard account when we boarded. I had to swipe gift cards at guest services the first day to make sure our credit card wasn't auto-charged when the whole thing went over $500.
Good point! I don't want to be stuck with $1300 worth of gift cards and a huge charge in my credit card! So the auto charge occurs at the end if the day?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

You can buy yourself some onboard credits precruise here:
http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl...Form020613.pdf

It's on the lower right hand side of this form. That way all that will be prepaid before you board. And your account will have lots of credit in it.
I'll have to look for this on the DCL site. Will it accept the gift cards?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy
Good point! I don't want to be stuck with $1300 worth of gift cards and a huge charge in my credit card! So the auto charge occurs at the end if the day?
I don't know when it happens exactly but I just dump them all on GS on Day One and make sure I keep the physical cards in case I don't spend it all. GS will eat through OBC first, then gift cards, then charge to card every $500 or end of cruise, whichever comes first. Any gift cards applied that aren't used will get refunded to the card.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

My worry is that my excursions for Alaska total $1300 so I'll exceed that $500 immediately. Even factoring in my $500 OBC!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
tinkerbell_xo
Mouseketeer

thanks for the response everyone, soo if i understand this right, at anytime i should be able to go to the guest services desk and pay for the excursions i have selected? also i selected to use cash instead of leaving credit card info during my online check-in, will i still be able to use a credit card to pay at guest services or does it have to be cash, and do i have to wait till after the day of the excursion?? its just a 3 day cruise so it will be quick and i dont want to have something from the cruise hanging over my head after i leave the boat, if that is possible.. or do they make sure you are settled up when you disembark?
WDW x15 -> CBR, POR, POFQ, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, POP, and offsite (We stayed at these resorts numerous times)
DCA x1 -> offsite
tinkerbell_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Cj1977
Earning My Ears

Tips

You can pay for tips before you go
Cj1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #13
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_xo View Post
thanks for the response everyone, soo if i understand this right, at anytime i should be able to go to the guest services desk and pay for the excursions i have selected? also i selected to use cash instead of leaving credit card info during my online check-in, will i still be able to use a credit card to pay at guest services or does it have to be cash, and do i have to wait till after the day of the excursion?? its just a 3 day cruise so it will be quick and i dont want to have something from the cruise hanging over my head after i leave the boat, if that is possible.. or do they make sure you are settled up when you disembark?
You can go to Guest Services at anytime (24/7) once onboard and apply whatever kind of payment you wish to your account. Even if you selected cash on your online checkin, you may use a CC to may a payment on your account onboard, if you wish.

Your account will be setttled before you disembark the ship. DCL will make sure of that.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy
My worry is that my excursions for Alaska total $1300 so I'll exceed that $500 immediately. Even factoring in my $500 OBC!
They will not charge your card the first day for pre-booked excursions without giving you a fair chance to apply gift cards or cash to the balance. I went down the first night after all the crowds had gone to bed and handed over my gift cards with no wait. That's when I got a printout that showed all my excursions for all three port days already billed to the account, so I'm glad I didn't wait.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
They will not charge your card the first day for pre-booked excursions without giving you a fair chance to apply gift cards or cash to the balance. I went down the first night after all the crowds had gone to bed and handed over my gift cards with no wait. That's when I got a printout that showed all my excursions for all three port days already billed to the account, so I'm glad I didn't wait.
Thanks that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: