Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
starousse
DIS Veteran

There's no comparison. Definitely WL.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

I always find these threads so interesting to see everyone's responses. WL is supposed to be the "better" resort - it is in the deluxe category and is priced higher. It has some amenities that CSR doesn't, like balconies and boat transportation to MK. Being able to book a bunk bed room is nice if you need that. We haven't stayed at WL before and it is pretty low on our list of resorts to try. The lobby is beautiful, but I'm not a fan of the "we're almost camping" room theming - just personal preference. I do love AKL, which was designed by the same architect and has a similar design, but WL just doesn't do it for me.

We have stayed at CSR four times and have had great stays each time. The rooms and particularly the beds are very comfortable, the dining choices are good, and the bus service is wonderful (no sharing with other resorts). If we are planning to spend most of our time in the parks and want a very comfortable room and efficient transportation, CSR is the perfect fit for us - it is a great resort for the price paid. It also has a better pool than WL.

If we are planning a more relaxing stay with time at the resort, we would choose a deluxe, but not WL. The rooms at WL are not much bigger than at CSR, dining options are more limited, and I just don't love the theming of the rooms. We enjoyed AKL very much and would choose that over WL for the same price, but we would rank Boardwalk, Beach Club and Poly over AKL. I don't mind paying for a deluxe room if we are going to have time to enjoy the resort, but for commando trips, CSR is just what we need.

I also can't get excited about the Grand Californian for the Disneyland trip I'm planning (even though it is supposed to be the best resort at DL), so it must be something about the theming that gets me every time. WL has lots of fans, so if you are okay with the theming, you will probably enjoy the resort. Whether it is worth the price difference depends on the type of trip you are taking.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: