Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #31
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
First they need to release something for June 15-August 15...
Correct! From everything that I have seeing on historical release days that a % off for June 15 to mid August would be the NEXT discount to come out. And with the current promo ending 3/7 (at least that is what the commerical I just saw said), the next round of discounts should come out within a week or so and should be % off for June 15 to mid August, THEN if FD is offered, that should be released for mid August on and looks like that should be out by April.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #32
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Correct! From everything that I have seeing on historical release days that a % off for June 15 to mid August would be the NEXT discount to come out. And with the current promo ending 3/7 (at least that is what the commerical I just saw said), the next round of discounts should come out within a week or so and should be % off for June 15 to mid August, THEN if FD is offered, that should be released for mid August on and looks like that should be out by April.
The current promo ends 3/7 for bookings through 3/23.

The April-June 14 promo ends 3/31.

I am not expecting the June 15- early August promo for general public to show up until 4/2 or so (with AP rates probably somewhere around there as well).

I know fall free dining came out earlier than that last year, but there is a thread around here somewhere by someone in the know stating that free dining this year might be quite different than it was in past years.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
they haven't exactly been following past precedent this year

if they had, AP rates would've come out for the dates covered in current promo instead of cutting it off on 6/2

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #34
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
they haven't exactly been following past precedent this year

if they had, AP rates would've come out for the dates covered in current promo instead of cutting it off on 6/2
Actually, I am OK with AP rates shutting off that early. Last year, the spring release went to 6/14 (give or take a day) but the next batch didn't come out until the beginning of May.

I am hoping June 3 through Mid August (at least) pop up at the end of this month or beginning of next
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #35
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Actually, I am OK with AP rates shutting off that early. Last year, the spring release went to 6/14 (give or take a day) but the next batch didn't come out until the beginning of May.

I am hoping June 3 through Mid August (at least) pop up at the end of this month or beginning of next
which covers my trip lol

patience isn't my strong suit

Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #36
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
which covers my trip lol

patience isn't my strong suit
Mine either!!

Last year we flew home on 6/14 so we were covered by round 1 of summer rates as well. But this year we don't fly home until the 19th so I was kind of glad that the AP rates stopped at 6/2 since I feared having a split ressie (6/5-6/15 and then 6/15-6/19).

(Of course I STILL may end up with that split ressie if GP rates come out before AP rates.... I am currently booked with the Spring Promo with only the first 10 nights discounted and the last 4 at rack rate).

Nonetheless, COME ON ALREADY!!! RELEASE SUMMER DEALS!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #37
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

How are we suppose to plan when we're going, where we're staying, plan our dinning (180 days out), when Disney doesn't release discount rates or even park hours until a couple of months ahead of time. If they're going to make us plan that far in advance they should give us all of the info we need so we can plan accordingly. Darn Disney is a royal pain in the butt sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #38
Nutbean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmonkeygirl View Post
How are we suppose to plan when we're going, where we're staying, plan our dinning (180 days out), when Disney doesn't release discount rates or even park hours until a couple of months ahead of time. If they're going to make us plan that far in advance they should give us all of the info we need so we can plan accordingly. Darn Disney is a royal pain in the butt sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I 100% agree.
Nutbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #39
RainK
Mouseketeer

I must admit, I check the special offers sections daily. I am so sick of seeing the Spring offers that are there. I cannot wait until that June 14th date changes to Aug 31st.

Sooooo want free dining for our upcoming Aug 17-25 trip. I am impatiently waiting.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #40
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Park hours are released over 6 months in advance.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #41
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Mine either!!

Last year we flew home on 6/14 so we were covered by round 1 of summer rates as well. But this year we don't fly home until the 19th so I was kind of glad that the AP rates stopped at 6/2 since I feared having a split ressie (6/5-6/15 and then 6/15-6/19).

(Of course I STILL may end up with that split ressie if GP rates come out before AP rates.... I am currently booked with the Spring Promo with only the first 10 nights discounted and the last 4 at rack rate).

Nonetheless, COME ON ALREADY!!! RELEASE SUMMER DEALS!!!
i'm getting a headache just thinking about trying to plan that sort of trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
true, but we always seem to be booked the 1st week in any given month and don't have quite as much lead time to review park hours/figure out ADRs before that 180 mark rolls around as those later in the month.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #42
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you go to the Disney website you'll see that it's exactly 180 days out. So how do I plan for what I want and when I want to do something for more than 180 days out when there are no hours? So I can't plan dinner for BOG 180 days out if MNSSHP dates haven't been released yet and I don't plan on going to the party. Or if I want to catch fantasmic how do I know when to plan on getting there early for a seat.

Even if the hours are released 6 months ahead of time, they change alot from release date and trip date.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #43
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you go to the Disney website you'll see that it's exactly 180 days out. So how do I plan for what I want and when I want to do something for more than 180 days out when there are no hours? So I can't plan dinner for BOG 180 days out if MNSSHP dates haven't been released yet and I don't plan on going to the party. Or if I want to catch fantasmic how do I know when to plan on getting there early for a seat.

Even if the hours are released 6 months ahead of time, they change alot from release date and trip date.
Don't use the Disney site. Use the travel agent calendar. It comes out earlier than the official website. I can't link to it easily from my iPad, but you can probably find it with a search on this site. The party dates will be those with MK closing at 7pm.

ETA: here is the link for Sept. Just change the sept to oct in the address and it will switch to 2013 as soon as it is updated. Should be in the next two weeks...

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/st...endar_sept.pdf

Last edited by smitch425; 03-07-2013 at 08:55 PM.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #44
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
I must admit, I check the special offers sections daily. I am so sick of seeing the Spring offers that are there. I cannot wait until that June 14th date changes to Aug 31st.

Sooooo want free dining for our upcoming Aug 17-25 trip. I am impatiently waiting.
Sometimes the disney website is slow to load. I always come on here first and if there is a release it will be all over the place. News travel fast on here

I am looking for the free dining promo for the end September. It will be me and the hubby. We will probably stay at AS Sports or POP or maybe even upgrade to POFQ. I have never stayed there yet.
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #45
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I do know the bounceback free dining started on the 18th And went through sept 13th for mods and 26 th for deluxe resorts. i was there last august and could've booked the bb and didn't cause didn't think we could go ! So now I wait ! Have no fear if we do get free dining and we go this yr i will def book then cancel if we don't go lesson learned !

Last edited by Goofy22; 03-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: