Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

The new Fantasy Land at MK

Can someone describe all the new stuff to me? I know there are 2 new castles (Ariel's & Belle's... I think?!?), but as far as shows & rides & such...

We are taking a cruise at the end of April & we are going to MK for a day. It will be me & hubby (low 40's) & 12yr old daughter.

Just wondering if other then walking through to see everything are there things to NOT miss or is it all meet & greet with the princess characters (which she says she is too old for) & kiddie rides & story time with a princess, or so much more??

I don't want to make it seem like I am downgrading it, just with only 1 day in the parks I don't want to wait in line forever & have it be something too kidish that we could have passed on & been in line for TMRR or something more up her alley... Ya know?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom
Can someone describe all the new stuff to me? I know there are 2 new castles (Ariel's & Belle's... I think?!?), but as far as shows & rides & such...

We are taking a cruise at the end of April & we are going to MK for a day. It will be me & hubby (low 40's) & 12yr old daughter.

Just wondering if other then walking through to see everything are there things to NOT miss or is it all meet & greet with the princess characters (which she says she is too old for) & kiddie rides & story time with a princess, or so much more??

I don't want to make it seem like I am downgrading it, just with only 1 day in the parks I don't want to wait in line forever & have it be something too kidish that we could have passed on & been in line for TMRR or something more up her alley... Ya know?

Thanks!
There is the story time with belle, the Ariel ride which is pretty much like the Nemo ride at Epcot, the be our guest restaurant, an Ariel meet and greet and gaston comes out in his area for pics and autographs.

That's it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411

There is the story time with belle, the Ariel ride which is pretty much like the Nemo ride at Epcot, the be our guest restaurant, an Ariel meet and greet and gaston comes out in his area for pics and autographs.

That's it.
So 1 ride? & if you have been on Nemo it's nothing exciting!?! So we should be able to walk through, see the castles & decor & move on!?! Good to know! Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom

So 1 ride? & if you have been on Nemo it's nothing exciting!?! So we should be able to walk through, see the castles & decor & move on!?! Good to know! Thanks!!
I'd do the Ariel ride though once if the line isn't too long. It's a really nice queue and there are lots of little details to see. There aren't any castles though....the beast's castle is major forced perspective and you can't go in the restaurant unless you are eating there. Ariel's castle is the ride.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

The Ariel ride is cute if she's a fan of the character/movie, but not worth a long wait. We were able to FP it in December without too long of a wait, but I've not seen the stand-by line drop below 45 mins on any of our visits.

We can't get anywhere close to BOG for lunch without waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, so we just skipped it altogether. I'm dying to eat there but it's just not worth the long lines, IMO.

ETWB was very cool but again, I'm not standing around for 45 mins to see it. We hit that one later at night after/around Wishes when the line got down to about 20 mins. Worth seeing once but not worth losing hours over.

Since all 3 of these attractions are all in a row & have really long waits that entire area of FL is always crowded & insane. We couldn't get out of that area fast enough over the weekend, lol!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
rlu929s
Mouseketeer

We were down last year and Nemo was closed at Epcot for repairs. Kind of glad now, so we'll experience the Little Mermaid ride as a new experience.
rlu929s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
tigmickey
Mouseketeer

Little Mermaid ride is worth the wait! It is what everyone has been asking for, a classic "dark" ride family friendly! My DD ,7 at the time, loved it but not as much as my DW or MiL. The ride does a great job retelling the story. Don't skip it.
Hopefully Summer of 2014 at Disney Land!!!
Planned December of 2014 WDW!!
tigmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

We loved the Ariel ride. It was absolutely beautiful from the first step into the queue until the ride was over. We can't wait to do it again!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
kaybird
DIS Veteran

I don't think that Nemo and Lil Mermaid have that much in common other than the vehicles are both clam shells. Both are cute, but totally different feel, and I can tell you that my 2 and 4 year old grandsons know the difference!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post

ETWB was very cool but again, I'm not standing around for 45 mins to see it. We hit that one later at night after/around Wishes when the line got down to about 20 mins. Worth seeing once but not worth losing hours over.

That's what I was thinking. I've been reading here how everyone runs to ETWB at rope drop now and how long the waits are all day. So I decided to check it out on Youtube. It looked cute and all, but certainly didn't look like anything that justifies the rope drop rush and extremely long waits.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
RoosMama
Mouseketeer

Your DD is prob too old for this, but I'm not sure why no one has mentioned Dumbo and that area?
RoosMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: