Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Sjg
Earning My Ears

Hojo worth the $45 more than CCi?

My daughter who is 5 saw the photos and thinks the kids pool just looks AWESOME! I shouldn't have shown her. We figure we would probably have time for her to use it the day we arrive, and the morning we leave. Is the HOJO worth the $45 bucks more, or should I just book the CCI like I had picked?
Sjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

How many days are you staying? What are your priorities for the child?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Sjg
Earning My Ears

Jack we bought 4 day park hopper tickets.. staying 5 nights. We have never been to Disneyland with our kids (we went 13 years ago as a couple).
Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjg View Post
My daughter who is 5 saw the photos and thinks the kids pool just looks AWESOME! I shouldn't have shown her. We figure we would probably have time for her to use it the day we arrive, and the morning we leave. Is the HOJO worth the $45 bucks more, or should I just book the CCI like I had picked?
Well...though I don't advocate lying to children, but...you could always fib and say the pool is closed for repairs during your visit. Pool and packing to leave the same morning sounds kind of stressful to me.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH (HalloweenTime) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
Sjg
Earning My Ears

Oh.. not packing to go home... just to the beach close by.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Jack we bought 4 day park hopper tickets.. staying 5 nights. We have never been to Disneyland with our kids (we went 13 years ago as a couple).

$5 a night for the child to have a pool she likes...worth it to me.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I get it! I thought also it was $45 a night. If it's $45 total, eh, I'd do it.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH (HalloweenTime) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

$45/nite more or the whole stay? When are you going? Will the weather be swim friendly? Are you planning afternoon breaks?

If you will be going when the weather is likely to be warm and you have afternoon breaks built into your schedule(I would with that age) then I say go for it! She will likely get a great deal of use out of it. If not...the CCI pool is nice for regular swimming.

Another consideration, does breakfast at CCI matter to you? How about the shuttle?

We have stayed both. Any pool would have made my girls happy and honestly I wanted to save the majority of their energy for the parks. Hojos play area can be very hard to leave. Plus the shuttle saved us carrying them back to the hotel at that age more than once after fireworks or F!. And oatmeal and fruit was a good start to the day for my munchkins too, but you can manage that in room.

It's all about priorities, you can't go wrong with either
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjg
You may never make it to the beach
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Sjg
Earning My Ears

Love it. I know!! We may be stuck there until check out.

It is $45 more total, plus the loss of breakfast which we would just bring from home. The shuttle at CCI (promise I am so not lazy) is what I liked.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
profa
Mouseketeer

Ha ha we stayed at hojo just for the pirate's cover (3 kids 8 and under). but we stayed there two nts and kids did pool when we got there and then DL day 2, Day 3 we we did character breakfast, pool and then the beach in the afternoon. We packed up and moved to the Desert inn sts for Day 4 and 5. It was a tad cheaper but what we got there were separate rooms and I couldn't do 4 nts of all of us in one rm and this was actually an 11 day road trip so didn't know what we would get along the way. anyway, DIS also had a small breakfast AND I absolutely LOVED being across the st from the park. I wouldn't have done it differently. Worked out perfectly for us. Boys did swim in their indoor pool one day while dd rested.
profa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
Sjg
Earning My Ears

Ok.. we booked it. I love the CCI, but maybe when my kids out grow the thrill of a small slide at a pool.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok.. we booked it. I love the CCI, but maybe when my kids out grow the thrill of a small slide at a pool.

Thanks everyone!
Honestly, when the price difference is that small, I often end up at Hojo too, and Hojo and CCI are the usual two I compare between. I feel a little more comfortable at Hojo. The beds there suit me better, and the rooms just feel a bit bigger, brighter, and slightly less out-dated. I also prefer the interior corridor hotel feel over the the motel feel. We still stay at CCI occasionally; for us it's a great second choice.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Hojo March 2012 my DS7 loved the pool area!!! We are light breakfast eaters and brought bagels w peanut butter to make in the mornings and juice boxes for him, the rooms all have Keurigs and they supply k-cups each morning too....
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

For $5 a night, yes, I'd stay at the HoJo and bring my own breakfast. I think your DD will be thrilled.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: