Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
jesse0418
Mouseketeer

Best romantic place to eat with boyfriend?

Hey all!

My boyfriend and I are going down to Disney in May (82 days!) and we are looking for a more romantic place to dine. We already have a breakfast reservation at Cinderella's castle for 8:10 AM, cause we liked the idea of getting in there early to take some pictures before everyone else is able to get it, but we are looking for something that's a bit more romantic for a dinner. Something where we could dress up a little bit. Any suggestions?
jesse0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse0418 View Post
Hey all!

My boyfriend and I are going down to Disney in May (82 days!) and we are looking for a more romantic place to dine. We already have a breakfast reservation at Cinderella's castle for 8:10 AM, cause we liked the idea of getting in there early to take some pictures before everyone else is able to get it, but we are looking for something that's a bit more romantic for a dinner. Something where we could dress up a little bit. Any suggestions?
If you can get a "BoG" ressie, that would be great.. but, before we had our kids, and there was romance , we would always go to "San Angel Inn" in
Epcot (Mexico)--- the atmosphere is amazing !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
jesse0418
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhon View Post
If you can get a "BoG" ressie, that would be great.. but, before we had our kids, and there was romance , we would always go to "San Angel Inn" in
Epcot (Mexico)--- the atmosphere is amazing !!!
I've always thought that would be a lovely place to eat! But it always looked crowded and like the tables were close together. Maybe that was just from the angle I was looking from.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Shula's! Great food and service.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've always thought that would be a lovely place to eat! But it always looked crowded and like the tables were close together. Maybe that was just from the angle I was looking from.
The tables are close together, but more room by the water--- you can watch the boats go by, and its truly romantic !!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
jesse0418
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhon View Post
The tables are close together, but more room by the water--- you can watch the boats go by, and its truly romantic !!!
Sounds so lovely! And boyfriend loves Mexican food, so that's a bonus I'm definitely going to look into it!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds so lovely! And boyfriend loves Mexican food, so that's a bonus I'm definitely going to look into it!
Its absolutely breathtaking !! DW and I shared so many beautiful meals there !!!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

For romantic, we like Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The only "romantic" restaurant inside a park (for us) would be the old Le Bistro, now M. Paul's at Epcot and possibly BOG (nice setting, but crowded).

Many of the resort signatures would fit the bill nicely- consider Jiko, Citricos, Artist Point and some of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Room service lol
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

California Grill (seated in the Wine Room) was the most romantic restaurant that DH & I ate at during our honeymoon, but sadly I think they might be closed for a long while??

I second San Angel Inn & Artist's Point. We liked San Angel Inn at lunch because it was easy to get a seat by the water & also it was fun to pretend you were seated outside at night in the middle of the afternoon

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Victoria & Albert's (if in your budget); if not, Bluezoo or Narcoossee's good food and great spot to watch Wishes from.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 02-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Though Cali Grill would be a good idea, it will be closed until sometime in late August or early September. As a couple of others have mentioned, Artist Point would be a very romantic place to have a dinner. First, the ambience is lovely, and you can ask for a table by the window where you might be able to see the geyser when it erupts. Second, the service usually is very good to excellent. Third, the food consistently is topnotch, especially the smoky portobello soup. Finally, after dinner, the grounds around WL are intoxicating to walk around: the beach, the boat dock, the nature trail, and the music. AP gets my vote.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post
Room service lol
I often offer this advice for breakfast.

Victoria & Albert will have fewest children. Jacket required for gentlemen and it is expensive. It is a marvelous dining experience.

Best food will be Swan & Dolphin restaurants (blueZoo is our personal favorite). Not part of Disney Dining, but TiW along with some Annual Pass & DVC discounts.

California Grill would be good, but closed while you're there.

Narcoossee's has excellent view of Magic Kingdom firework.

Rose & Crown and a few others in Epcot have 'better' viewing of Illuminations if you're dining in the restaurant.

Artist's Point, Jiko, Yachtman's, and Flying Fish help round out the top list for food in the resorts.

Many choices at Downtown Disney that can be enjoyed along with Cirque de Soleil shows.

P.S. If you are staying on-property, it is not always easy to get from Resort to Resort unless you drive yourself, take a taxi, or take your time with Disney transportation. Something to consider.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Quote:
We were in WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary last year .. We sat right near the water and it was wonderful ! The food was good and it was nice to hear the water as the boats went past . I say go for it !!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: