Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer
 
misslizzy1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 133

Charges for port adventures/ Key West suggestion

Its official! I got to check in today for our May 10th Magic cruise!! EEEK!! I do have a couple of questions. I did reserve the Stingray activity online and I got a confirmation but was never asked for money. How does that work? Do we pay once we get on the ship or does it automatically go to the credit card on file? I have two different ones on file so just curious. Also, what does anyone recommend for Key West? Its me, my mom and my 7 year old. Are we better off just roaming around on our own? Thanks!!!
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.
 
MikeAndNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 745

They charge the excursions to your on-board account. It is like room charges at a hotel. Everything you purchase on the cruise will go on the account and at the end of the cruise you settle your account. This also allows you to change or cancel your excursions on the ship.

Here is a very good link to for Key West ideas. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061774
__________________
Mike and Nick
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
crundell
Mouseketeer
 
crundell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NV
Posts: 79

I have been looking at options for Key West as well. What I found is if you want to do a trolley tour booking with Old Town Trolley tours is less online and kids are free (not the case if you book through Disney). Also I found a self guided walking tour here: http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

The stop in Key West is so short I don't even know if we will actually get off the boat, but I want options.
crundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
kalc12345
DIS Veteran
 
kalc12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslizzy1973 View Post
Also, what does anyone recommend for Key West? Its me, my mom and my 7 year old. Are we better off just roaming around on our own? Thanks!!!
You could take a trolley ride. The one we did you could get on and off all day and it stops at all the must-see sights. Kids were free too!
__________________
Me DH DD DS




kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer
 
misslizzy1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 133

Thanks! I was just curious how they know which card to take it from. My mom is paying I guess we would just tell them where to put the charge?
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
owensamo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslizzy1973 View Post
Thanks! I was just curious how they know which card to take it from. My mom is paying I guess we would just tell them where to put the charge?
They will have a charge on your bill for each person on the excursion separately (each KTTW card will have it's own breakdown on the final bill), and it will be charged against the credit card assigned to that person/KTTW card. If you wish to pay for something that wouldn't be on your card, just stop by Guest Services and they'll be happy to adjust the charges.
__________________
Aulani - June-July 2014; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort - 2002, 2006
Disneyland - 1976, July 2012; Walt Disney World - 1984, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, Nov 2014
Disney Wonder: 4N - 4/15/07, 6/1/08; 5N - 6/8/10, 6/13/10 (B2B); Disney Fantasy: 7N - 6/29/13, 7/6/13 (B2B)
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
nannylori
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: hampton bays,ny, and Key West,Fla,usa
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by crundell View Post
I have been looking at options for Key West as well. What I found is if you want to do a trolley tour booking with Old Town Trolley tours is less online and kids are free (not the case if you book through Disney). Also I found a self guided walking tour here: http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

The stop in Key West is so short I don't even know if we will actually get off the boat, but I want options.

If it's a hot day, you will definitely want to take either the trolley,which has about 12 places to get off and on, or the Conch Train,which takes about an hour,gives you a great overview of the island,but makes no stops. You can take a pedi-cab to the BUtterfly Conservatory and the Southernmost Point in the US is just a short walk from there.
If you're a beach person,Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is just 3 minutes from the ship. There is a civil war fort there and a beautiful beach,which you passed on the way into the harbor. You can rent a chaise and umbrella or sit on the deck by the concession stand,which has good sandwiches, eat a chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie on a stick, all while watching the pelicans dive for birds in the blue- green water where the Gulf meets the Atlantic. You' re only a few minutes from the ship,but you definitely feel like you've started your vacation!
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1
 
txaggie94gigem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylori

If it's a hot day, you will definitely want to take either the trolley,which has about 12 places to get off and on, or the Conch Train,which takes about an hour,gives you a great overview of the island,but makes no stops. You can take a pedi-cab to the BUtterfly Conservatory and the Southernmost Point in the US is just a short walk from there.
If you're a beach person,Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is just 3 minutes from the ship. There is a civil war fort there and a beautiful beach,which you passed on the way into the harbor. You can rent a chaise and umbrella or sit on the deck by the concession stand,which has good sandwiches, eat a chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie on a stick, all while watching the pelicans dive for birds in the blue- green water where the Gulf meets the Atlantic. You' re only a few minutes from the ship,but you definitely feel like you've started your vacation!
Is this a three minute walk?
__________________
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
nannylori
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: hampton bays,ny, and Key West,Fla,usa
Posts: 393

It's a three minute cab ride-no way would I personally walk it,although plenty of people do, or bike it. It's too hot and way too much time consuming to walk. I walked it once and that was enough for me.
But it is close enough that people do walk it-most bike or drive to save time and energy,
nannylori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: