Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
mint
lovely

Should I change any of my plans?

We're doing 7 nights and have the dining plan. I have all of our ADR's booked but I'm not sure on some of my choices and CS picks. It's me, DH and DD (4). No picky eaters. I'd love some input

Arrival night - dinner at Cooke's (debating doing this OOP since they have a military discount, or just use a CS credit?)
DHS day - Starring Rolls CS lunch, 7:45 Sci-Fi dinner (was thinking that we eat, hit the rides after we get out during the 1st fantasmic and see the 10pm show?)
Epcot day - 8:25 Akershus breakfast, 4:30 Via Napoli dinner
MK/Epcot split day - 9:20 Crystal Palace breakfast (I was considering canceling this and checking out Rose & Crown dinner?)
AK day - Flame Tree BBQ (lunch or dinner? or no difference?)
MK day - CRT dinner
No parks day - 6:50 Boma dinner (should we move this? i'm not sure what's a good time to go.)

With these plans I have 4 CS credits open, 5 if we do Cooke's OOP. I know we'll hit one or two CS in Epcot- a toss up between Katsura Grill, Tangierine Cafe and Yorkshire County Fish Shop (open to other Epcot suggestions besides mexican). But what I'm really not sure about is CS for some sort of breakfast on the no park day, breakfast at AK and breakfast (or lunch) in MK. Cosmic Ray's is our MK lunch plan B since they have decent food.

WDW: 2/93 MK daytrip - 2/04 MK daytrip - 3-4/11 Shades Of Green - 3/13 AOA
DL: 1/12 Disneyland daytrip - 10/12 Mickey's Halloween Party, Disneyland & DCA
❤ currently saving for: 10k fundraiser! ❤
mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I've had dinner at Rose and Crown and I wasn't that impressed. Plus, I can make it a little farther on a big breakfast than I can trying to hold out for dinner. Otherwise, the rest of your ADRs look great to me.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint
We're doing 7 nights and have the dining plan. I have all of our ADR's booked but I'm not sure on some of my choices and CS picks. It's me, DH and DD (4). No picky eaters. I'd love some input

Arrival night - dinner at Cooke's (debating doing this OOP since they have a military discount, or just use a CS credit?)
DHS day - Starring Rolls CS lunch, 7:45 Sci-Fi dinner (was thinking that we eat, hit the rides after we get out during the 1st fantasmic and see the 10pm show?)
Epcot day - 8:25 Akershus breakfast, 4:30 Via Napoli dinner
MK/Epcot split day - 9:20 Crystal Palace breakfast (I was considering canceling this and checking out Rose & Crown dinner?)
AK day - Flame Tree BBQ (lunch or dinner? or no difference?)
MK day - CRT dinner
No parks day - 6:50 Boma dinner (should we move this? i'm not sure what's a good time to go.)

With these plans I have 4 CS credits open, 5 if we do Cooke's OOP. I know we'll hit one or two CS in Epcot- a toss up between Katsura Grill, Tangierine Cafe and Yorkshire County Fish Shop (open to other Epcot suggestions besides mexican). But what I'm really not sure about is CS for some sort of breakfast on the no park day, breakfast at AK and breakfast (or lunch) in MK. Cosmic Ray's is our MK lunch plan B since they have decent food.
Flame tree has the same menu for lunch and dinner (and it's delicious) so don't worry about timing there. I agree with the pp on rose and crown, and love crystal palace even if it's mostly for the puffed French toast. The only other restaurant I wasn't keen on out of your list was sci fi. It's nother bad, but not somewhere I'd go again... though options are limited for dhs.

For counter service also consider Columbia harbor house at MK (and maybe BOG) and sunshine seasons at epcot. Your choices were good too though!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

The breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace is good, and we go every trip.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
mint
lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmeloh View Post
Flame tree has the same menu for lunch and dinner (and it's delicious) so don't worry about timing there. I agree with the pp on rose and crown, and love crystal palace even if it's mostly for the puffed French toast. The only other restaurant I wasn't keen on out of your list was sci fi. It's nother bad, but not somewhere I'd go again... though options are limited for dhs.

For counter service also consider Columbia harbor house at MK (and maybe BOG) and sunshine seasons at epcot. Your choices were good too though!
It was a toss up between Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time, but I don't think DD would "get" 50's and DH is the type to like to be left alone when eating. I would love to do the Derby, but since we're doing CRT, it's a no-go.

I'm excited to check out Crystal Palace (we considered it last time, but weren't on DDP so we only did one character meal). The french toast sounds tasty!

WDW: 2/93 MK daytrip - 2/04 MK daytrip - 3-4/11 Shades Of Green - 3/13 AOA
DL: 1/12 Disneyland daytrip - 10/12 Mickey's Halloween Party, Disneyland & DCA
❤ currently saving for: 10k fundraiser! ❤
mint is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: