Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #76
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh. My. Goodness! I had NO idea they had all of that Doctor Who stuff!! How can I not have known this?! I may have to figure out how to get some more souvenir money...

I love gator nuggets, haven't had them in years though. There used to be a place in Rolla, Papa Meauxs, that served authentic Cajun god and they were on the menu. DH and I ate there a lot when we were dating and used to get them all the time. Yummy! :D

So cool getting picked for the show.

I just went back and forth with myself about a restaurant.com gift card and decided against it. The last time I got one it turned into a big deal with people not wanting to eat there, me not wanting to waste the $10... I figured I better keep it more flexible this time but its so tempting!
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #77
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I love gator nuggets, haven't had them in years though. There used to be a place in Rolla, Papa Meauxs, that served authentic Cajun god and they were on the menu. DH and I ate there a lot when we were dating and used to get them all the time. Yummy! :D

I just went back and forth with myself about a restaurant.com gift card and decided against it. The last time I got one it turned into a big deal with people not wanting to eat there, me not wanting to waste the $10... I figured I better keep it more flexible this time but its so tempting!
Wow, didn't know about the Cajun place in Rolla. It is funny that you should say that too. I was at our downtown 4th of July and noticed a Gator Bites food truck. Gator must be making it way into the Midwest. Kind of like all of the armadillo road kill I see that I didn't see 20years ago.

I will probably not ever buy a food gift certificate again for vacation either. I agree that it is important to be flexible.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #78
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Ah yes, the armadillo invasion. They kind of freak me out.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #79
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post

After lunch we of course head over to The Simpsons ride. I think it was about a 30 minute wait. We really enjoyed the humor of the attraction but I am getting a little tired of simulated rides. US/ IoA seems to have a lot of them. We haven't even been on all of them.
Just my opinion - but I reckon the Simpson's Ride and Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem are the only 'actual' simulator Ride at Universal Resort....all the other rides like Transformers, Spiderman and Harry are hybrids and don't feel like simulators to me as you are moving through an environment! All other rides are indoor coasters, dark rides, water rides or actual coasters...This is of course not counting all their 3D shows which there are a lot of - but they arent simulators either....Loving your report - I LOVE Universal Orlando - equally with Walt Disney World though of course I still think Disneyland is the best resort....
Disneyland Resort - 2009, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando - 2011, Disneyland Resort - 2012, Tokyo Disney Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and Disneyland Resort - 2013

PLANNED - 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise - Disney Fantasy, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando with the new WWOHP - Diagon Alley and Disneyland Resort - 2015

2012 Disneyland trip report:

2013 Disney trip of a lifetime pre-trip report:

2013 Disney trip of a lifetime trip report

2015 Our First Disney Cruise - 7 night Eastern Carribbean, WDW, UOR and DL Pre-Trip report
RachelleBeaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #80
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have been neglecting my TR. I have had a lot going on. I am just going to post pictures.

Wet N Wild

I thought I had more. Sorry. It was cloudy and fairly cool. We left at around noon.

It started to rain. We went to the parks anyway. Enjoyed seeing all the people leave as we arrived:

This seems to be the only photo. I will have to admit the rain got to us. We didn't do much.

Dinner was at Toojay's as suggested by MetroWest. Was perfect for my family. Something for everyone.

Cheesecake between two slices of chocolate cake.

Flourless Choc Cake

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Last edited by Nancy for Disney; 08-16-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #81
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

That chocolate cake and cheesecake combo looks amazing! My two favorite things. Of course it would prob put me in a diabetic coma but it might be worth it.

Sorry the rain got to you. I hate rain on vacation. Don't the weather gods know about touring plans?!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #82
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
That chocolate cake and cheesecake combo looks amazing! My two favorite things. Of course it would prob put me in a diabetic coma but it might be worth it.

Sorry the rain got to you. I hate rain on vacation. Don't the weather gods know about touring plans?!
Thanks Hope for the great segway into our next day. Tropical Storm Andrea Day! It really wasn't any worse than any rainy day in Missouri but it did put a damper on our beach day. We ended up at Florida Center Mall (I think that is one we went to). We aren't big shoppers. If we don't need something we don't shop.
This is the only photo. You probably can't tell but it is a Japanese restaurant but the food is brought to you on conveyor belts.

We left the mall. Took a nap and then took care of dinner.

The kids got carry out from NYFD Pizza Kitchen. It was just around the corner from our condo. It was good.

DH and I had our date night. I decided that since I liked it so much that we would go back to Café TuTu Tango. They had a lot of vegan options. I was not as impressed as I had been the night before but still enjoyed the atmosphere.

Black Bean Soup..The rice was either way over cooked or under cooked. It was crunchy..hurt you teeth crunchy. Had it been me I would have sent it back but DH said it was fine for him.

Falafel - under cooked and mushy in the middle. Still tasted ok.

My Cuban sliders. Very good. I think they came with jicama fries.

They had strolling musicians

Flan for dessert. Yum.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #83
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Our last day.

Lunch at food stands just outside WWOHP near Mythos.

Veggie Kabobs

I think we went on The Mummy about 5 more times. Love this ride.

Cupcakes at The Simpsons. We got the same food as before so no photos.

Almost missed the Woody Wood Pecker Coaster. DD12 and I did it. I think the other kids went on The Mummy again.

Ended the trip with Cinematic Spectacular. It was good but not Wish's good. Definitely the perfect way to finish the trip though.

Final photo...taken from rest stop somewhere between Orlando and the Florida boarder. I hate snakes!

PS..Wish me luck. Taking DD19 to college tomorrow. This will be her first year. Excited for her but hope I won't have an unexpected tearful moment.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #84
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Great pics! All the food looks yummy and the attraction pics make me even more anxious for the next 35 days to COME ON ALREADY.

I hope all goes well with taking DD to school. And tearful moments are okay on such occasions.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #85
Dutchie Guy
Most favorite user

Hi there!

I've been to Universal 2 years ago on a USA trip.

I really enjoyed reading your tripreport so far, reliving my memories.
Dutchie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: