Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
mischief32
Mouseketeer

Another Great stay at Universal Hard Rock Hotel

Just got back last Friday from a 3 night stay at the Hard Rock. Best Hotel on site as far as we are concerned. It was only me and my 7y old daughter and we had a blast. It started at check in where we got a upgrade to a pool view room from a standard room. This made my daughters trip since I could not justify the extra $150 for room for our trip. A big thanks to the nice gentlemen who checked us in(I am a shamed to shame I do not remember his name). Our room was not ready so we checked out bags at the bag check and off we went to the parks. I ahve to admit we have only gone on the off season so the heat and humidity just smacked you in the face. I made sure we drank alot of water. No way we were getting on the Minion ride at 2:30pm with this crowd so we headed to the Simpsons area. This looks great. Did our favorite ride MIB and then hit the Simpson ride. Got a text that room was ready by then. Went back and got our room keys and the front deck called and had our bags delivered to our room. There was just enought time to get a snack from down stairs and get ready for the Luau at Royal Pacific. We had to make a bit of a dash over to the Royal pacific since the rain was coming and we just made it in time. Loved the Luau. Food and free drinks were great. The entertainment was great also. My daughter now wants a coconut bra. I am not to sure about that. Back to the room and p early for day 2.

Day 2

Up for ealry entry because I knew we would not be able to do the minion ride and Tranformers any other way. Walked on my daughter's favorite ride Despiciable Me. Walked our and 15 min wait for Transformers and it was enjoyable but my daughter did not like it. She has not seen the moved and I think she did not really understand what was happening. It was almost 9am by then so off to the Mummy. It was open so we walked right on. Front seats for us and another couple. Love this ride. Played in the arcade and bit and next ove to get the Big Donut at Lard lad. It was big enough for at least 3 people so we did nit finish it bit it was good with some water. The heat was starting to rise.

Back to work now-- I will be back for more later.
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Choozee
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to more!
Choozee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
mischief32
Mouseketeer

Day 2-continued

After fininshing our donut we were off to IOA for a day of water rides and more. Hit up Spiderman first since line was not long. The we were off to Dudley Do Right which there was not a dry person on our log as usual. Then over to Bluto's Barge-took 2 spins in this-my daughter loves this ride. There was no one in line at all after we got off the second time. This surprised me because there are alwyas line when we go in off season. The day was very hot also. Next on the list Jurassic park. We finally got my daughter on this last time and she loves to now. Took a good one to the face. Grab a corn dog and stopped at one of the water games so my daughter could will a purple minion since we would not find them in any store in the park. She also won a smaller one later that night at a dart game and I heard someone ask if they sold them and the person indicated they did. We were back to the hotel bu 12:30 and hit the pool for the rest of the afternoon. My daughter could live at the pool. WE did eat here and had the beef kabobs on the app. meau, kids cheese pizza and fries(huge amount of food) and chips and salsa. Way to much food buy my daughter does have bigger eyes them stomach. The kabobs were wonderful and we had them again the next day. I finally dragged my daughter away from the pool and we did Suessland at IOA before heading to Bubba Gumps. I highly recommend the Laudry's Select card. It costs $25 to get but you get a $25 credit and you get another $25 for your birthday month. My birthday is in August so we had $50 to spend. The wait was long but I mentioned and showed my card and we went right and in and were seated. The schrimp cocktail in wonderful. I had the New Orleans Schrimp and it was not spicey like in was indicated. I like the schrimp cocktail better. My daugther did not like the bread used with the pizza but children can be picky. When all was said and done we owed $2.00 and tip. It was an okay meal but I do like this place and one not so great meal should not ruin it. Finally back to room and bed. We were both wiped out.

Day 3 -to follow later...
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Choozee
Mouseketeer

What is the laudrys select card?
Choozee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

it's similar to a reward card.
buy the membership card and get perks, discounts at the restaurants.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report!!!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hard Rock in July. Congrats on the upgrade to a pool view. That's awesome!

The lines at Despicable Me ARE crazy. Even with express, we had a 45 minute wait! We used all of early entries at Wizarding World, so we didn't have a chance to check out what US was like early on.

Hope all of the water rides helped you cope with the heat! I love the way IoA has all of the rides in close proximity- good to do them all together. Once you go on Bluto's, you really can't get much wetter!!!

Nice to hear about the Luau, pool time and the pool restaurant.

We were tempted by the Landry's card since we ate at Bubba's and T-Rex on this trip, but since we don't have any places near home that we would use the card, we didn't get it. My husband got the Shrimp New Orleans too, he loved it.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: