Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
rickysgirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 42

marriott royal palms

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are scheduled from March 10th-15th.
__________________
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wte4xoly4s.png
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/x7yacowtevj65314.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
rickysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

no but after reading about the marriott's - think I like yours better - it still has the whirlpool tub in the villa.

Marriott Sabal Palms - does not. staying June 29 - july 6 - so any information you can get will be appreciated.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
rickysgirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
no but after reading about the marriott's - think I like yours better - it still has the whirlpool tub in the villa.

Marriott Sabal Palms - does not. staying June 29 - july 6 - so any information you can get will be appreciated.

I will let you know how it goes....I noticed that about the sabal palms too and thats why we chose this resort
__________________
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wte4xoly4s.png
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/x7yacowtevj65314.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
rickysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
kim_o
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 418

I've stayed at all three Marriott's there, but it's been almost 2 years. Going back at the end of May.

Imperial Palms are my favorite, but of course they're more money (and bigger). I liked the Royal palms over the Sabal Palms.
__________________
Me DH DS8 DS6 DD4 DS2

kim_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
jeff968
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Trumbull CT
Posts: 1,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
no but after reading about the marriott's - think I like yours better - it still has the whirlpool tub in the villa.
You still use the in-room whirlpool tub????!!!! You have to be one of the few. Very nineties They are going the way of the leisure suit.

The latest developments are going with the much more practical and less-space using/maintenance-oriented soaking tub.
__________________

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
You still use the in-room whirlpool tub????!!!! You have to be one of the few. Very nineties They are going the way of the leisure suit.
definitely!!!

my muscles in my back, feet, legs ache after doing Disney - and nothing helps like a whirlpool tub.

thank goodness disney still has them - a much smaller version than what the Marriott does.

now the shower helps with the back - but does nothing for my aching feet
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
jeff968
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Trumbull CT
Posts: 1,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
definitely!!!

my muscles in my back, feet, legs ache after doing Disney - and nothing helps like a whirlpool tub.

thank goodness disney still has them - a much smaller version than what the Marriott does.

now the shower helps with the back - but does nothing for my aching feet
They'll still have them outside where the fresh air and sun is located, which is the primary reason why no one is using them in the rooms anymore, so your aches are covered. Even in new residential construction spa tubs are incorporated far less because of the many issues. I think you'll find they continue to disappear as the older Florida resort locations are remodeled and they aren't even part of the newer locations.
__________________

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
They'll still have them outside where the fresh air and sun is located, which is the primary reason why no one is using them in the rooms anymore, so your aches are covered. Even in new residential construction spa tubs are incorporated far less because of the many issues. I think you'll find they continue to disappear as the older Florida resort locations are remodeled and they aren't even part of the newer locations.
HOPE NOT!!!

first lots of outside whirlpool are filled with children who should not be in one in the first place. these children don't understand space issues and will be in your face.

or secondly someone is smoking nearby - yes most of these are in non-smoking places - but that does not stop smokers.

I am very allergic to tobacco and it can bring on an asthma attack - that will last for hours.

third - despite the signs also say no drinking - some guests think they are above this rule and will be in drinking and drunks can get mean and insulting - I am definitely not thin - so some of these jerks will say things - and even worst do things

fourth - you don't want the number of times been kicked in a public hot tub.

now when I stay in a studio - do love and use the outside hot tub - but when staying in a 1 or 2-bedroom really expect it to have one.

if this ceases to happen will rethink my options.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,005

been a few years, but Marriot NEVER lets their properties get run down. It should still be very nice.

And not everyone who drinks, is a drunk.

Just sayin.
__________________
*****30+ trips since 1993*****
Wilderness Lodge x 5
Beach Club x 4
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
jeff968
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Trumbull CT
Posts: 1,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
HOPE NOT!!!

first lots of outside whirlpool are filled with children who should not be in one in the first place. these children don't understand space issues and will be in your face.

or secondly someone is smoking nearby - yes most of these are in non-smoking places - but that does not stop smokers.

I am very allergic to tobacco and it can bring on an asthma attack - that will last for hours.

third - despite the signs also say no drinking - some guests think they are above this rule and will be in drinking and drunks can get mean and insulting - I am definitely not thin - so some of these jerks will say things - and even worst do things

fourth - you don't want the number of times been kicked in a public hot tub.

now when I stay in a studio - do love and use the outside hot tub - but when staying in a 1 or 2-bedroom really expect it to have one.

if this ceases to happen will rethink my options.
You better start rethinking your options. Look at Orlando's two newest high class resorts, the Marriott Lakeshore and the Hilton Parc Soleil. Both resorts are amazing and offer the latest in timeshare resort design, zero entry pools, under building parking garage, euro design rooms with sophisticated therpy showers, an NO in-room spa tub.

At the end of the day after visiting the parks I find everyone is just into relazing in the hot tub. I've been fortunate to never have the issues you've had.
__________________

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
And not everyone who drinks, is a drunk.

J
when they get loud and start saying nasty things about anyone and everyone near them - I consider that a drunk
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
At the end of the day after visiting the parks I find everyone is just into relazing in the hot tub. I've been fortunate to never have the issues you've had.
Think you are lucky!

Disney is still building them - welll they did at BLT - have not seem VGF yet to know if they still are.

also have had maintenance issues - sometimes the hot tub is not working properly.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.