Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
ReturnToOz
Earning My Ears

Checking in to Art of Animation with no credit card?

I have a family member who would like us to use their credit card to book the trip to get extra points etc. My travel agent said this is fine and they just have to fill out some paper work. My TA also said it would be fine when we check in. When we check in late Friday in October we won't have the credit card. Will this be a problem? Would like to double check my TA is correct.
ReturnToOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

I could be wrong, but I even if I did not want charging privileges, I always had to leave one on file just in case, for any damage etc
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
I could be wrong, but I even if I did not want charging privileges, I always had to leave one on file just in case, for any damage etc
Not true at WDW resorts, which makes them a little different from most hotels. They already have cc info from when you paid for your reservation if you trash your room.

OP, if you have booked a package vacation, this won't be a problem, since you will have already paid in full for the reservation before you arrive.

If you have a room only reservation, then the balance is due at check in, unless you have chosen to pay it off before arrival. You wouldn't HAVE to pay it off using the initial credit card- but you would have to have something - debit card, gift cards, cash, or another credit card- to pay off the balance due.

If you are talking about charging privileges, again a credit card isn't mandatory. You could give them cash, gift card deposits or your debit card instead. Or you could just not have charging privileges and pay for everything OOP.

Personally, we would never dream of travelling without a credit card. Even if you don't use it, it's a much needed safety cushion in case of an emergency.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
ReturnToOz
Earning My Ears

I was just afraid that if I booked the entire stay with one credit card and I get there they would want to see the card I booked the trip with. Then there would be a problem. I will be bring my own card but won't put it on file. I will try to pay OOP.

Thanks
ReturnToOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I've never had them ask to see the credit card.

You can also pay the room-only reservation (if that's what you want to book) before you get there, or check in on-line. When I checked in on-line, they charged the card before I even got there. Then they asked me if I wanted to use the same card for charging privileges. I actually didn't, so I gave them a different card.

No issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: