Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
delauzons
Mouseketeer

Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocum?

OK here is my group-2 grandparents, my husband and I and our 3 daughters-almost 18, 14, and 8. We like a few tropical drinks here or there but not major drinkers. Girls don't love to sit all day in a lounge chair. The next day we are going to Stingray City with an outside tour that includes snorkeling so snorkeling at Cozumel is not a big thing for us. We originally booked the Fury but decided it was too many boat things. So now it looks like we have narrowed it down to Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocum. Which do you think would be better for my group?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

We were at Nachi Cocom two weeks ago. It was really nice, but aside from the pool and the ocean, there is no entertainment. I think there was one raft/trampline thing in the ocean, but that's it. It was great for me and my kids, they played in the sand and in the water. Mr. Sanchos is just down the beach from Nachi Cocom, and while we were there, some people who were at Mr. Sanchos walked down and defected to Nachi Cocom due to the crowds/noise at Mr. Sanchos. So it sounds like there might be more entertainment at Mr. Sanchos.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delauzons View Post
OK here is my group-2 grandparents, my husband and I and our 3 daughters-almost 18, 14, and 8. We like a few tropical drinks here or there but not major drinkers. Girls don't love to sit all day in a lounge chair. The next day we are going to Stingray City with an outside tour that includes snorkeling so snorkeling at Cozumel is not a big thing for us. We originally booked the Fury but decided it was too many boat things. So now it looks like we have narrowed it down to Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocum. Which do you think would be better for my group?

We loved Nachi Cocum! My family of 5 - with kids 11, 10 and 6 absolutely loved it there! They had the run of the beach. It was so nice and quiet and we didn't have to listen to anything other than the sound of the ocean. The kids went from the pool swim up bar (best kiddie daiquiri’s) to the ocean back to the pool. We loved it there and plan on going back on our next stop in Cozumel.
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

I am also debating between the two, so will keep an eye on this thread and hope to get some more replies :-)

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I heard Paradise Beach is also fun for kids. I'm leaning towards Nachi Cocom too. It'll be just DS and I but we like peaceful.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
delauzons
Mouseketeer

I heard good things about Paradise Beach also but when I look at the pictures it looks crowded and the beach looks so much prettier at Nachi Cocum. Concerned we will get bad weather and waste all that money! How is weather in Mexico at the end of March typically?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Our group (10 total) will be headed to Nachi Cocom during our cruise in April. I did a lot of reading up on where to go on here and other sites and sounds like it will be a wonderful day at the beach. It won't be crowded at all because they only allow 100 guests per day there so I would encourage you to reserve a spot in advance. We can't wait for that beach day second only to Castaway Cay...

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
delauzons
Mouseketeer

I went ahead and booked Nachi Cocum. My husband looked at pictures and said he wanted a quiet beach day and Mr. Sancho's didn't look as quiet. Can't wait!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

I'm debating also, have 4 adults and 2 kids ages almost 2 and. 6.

I like the reviews of nachi cocum best, and the fact that it won't be too crowded. Just worried we will be bored; we are from Florida so we are looking for more than just a beach.

Mr Sanchos is on the list, as well as playa Mia. So unsure!!!!

2/11/12 Magic Eastern, Pirates IN the Caribbean Cruisers

Fantasy booked! 3/2/2013 Sailing away on the Western Itinerary
Lake_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
JustTJ
Luv Dising

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFam View Post
Our group (10 total) will be headed to Nachi Cocom during our cruise in April. I did a lot of reading up on where to go on here and other sites and sounds like it will be a wonderful day at the beach. It won't be crowded at all because they only allow 100 guests per day there so I would encourage you to reserve a spot in advance. We can't wait for that beach day second only to Castaway Cay...
Not just encourage, pre booking Nachi is a MUST! The taxi's won't take you there unless you have a document showing you have a reservation. At least thats the way it was for us in 2010.
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: