Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #121
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huney View Post
Which is better for Palo? I want to do brunch, but see that people are always trying to get dinner reservations. Is it easier to get a brunch reservation?
If you do brunch, the chicken parmigiana is fabulous. Not something I normally order when dining out, but I had heard how good it is at Palo that I ordered, and it was amazing.

If you do dinner, the lobster ravioli was probably the best thing I have ever put in my mouth and next time, I will order two of these, and I won't be a bit embarrassed to do so. And, I don't think I even need to mention the souffle for dessert.

Granted I had these meals on the Fantasy, but I am guessing the food would be equally as good on the Wonder.

I agree, go for both brunch and dinner if you can work it in to your schedule.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #122
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Which is better for Palo? I want to do brunch, but see that people are always trying to get dinner reservations. Is it easier to get a brunch reservation?
I prefer brunch, but will be booking one of each.

Dinner will be easier to get ... since you can book dinner every night, but can only book brunch on sea days, there are more bookable time-slots for dinner than brunch.

This will be the first time I'll be trying to take some friends who are not CC members ... we'll be aiming for a table of 7 adults for at least one of those meals (probably brunch), 4 of which are silver castaway club members, the other 3 have never sailed before. Wonder how that will work out? The other 3 adults will be in separate rooms though we all will have linked dining.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #123
Huney
Mouseketeer

So if you're a CC member, you have a better chance of getting a reservation? Aside from being able to book earlier? I'm just trying to understand the process . I won't be heartbroken if I don't get a reservation, and I know that I can try when we get on board as well. Though my first priority after we board will be to book hours for YDD at the nursery

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #124
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
So if you're a CC member, you have a better chance of getting a reservation? Aside from being able to book earlier? I'm just trying to understand the process . I won't be heartbroken if I don't get a reservation, and I know that I can try when we get on board as well. Though my first priority after we board will be to book hours for YDD at the nursery
They hold a portion of the reservations back for on-board bookings. When we sailed on the Fantasy last summer, I was not able to book either brunch or dinner before we sailed, but I had no trouble booking both once we got on board and I didn't even try until the second day of sailing. And even at that, there were a lot of empty tables during both meals. I can't say that is the case with every sailing, but that was ours.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #125
luvdamouse91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
If you do brunch, the chicken parmigiana is fabulous. Not something I normally order when dining out, but I had heard how good it is at Palo that I ordered, and it was amazing.

If you do dinner, the lobster ravioli was probably the best thing I have ever put in my mouth and next time, I will order two of these, and I won't be a bit embarrassed to do so. And, I don't think I even need to mention the souffle for dessert.

Granted I had these meals on the Fantasy, but I am guessing the food would be equally as good on the Wonder.

I agree, go for both brunch and dinner if you can work it in to your schedule.
Love the Chicken Parmigiana and Cinnamon Rolls myself. Not at the same time, of course. Yum!

DCL (Wonder): 1/2000 (Bahamas), WBPC 5/2015
DCL (Magic): 1/2003 (E), 12/2007 (W),5/2009 (W),9/2010 (WBTA), 9/2012 (NY-CAN),11/2013, WBTA 2014
DCL (Dream): 5/2011 (B2B), 12/2011, 11/2014
DCL (Fantasy): 12/2012 (W)
HAL (DVC/Alaska/Zuiderdam): 5/2004
RCL (Serenade): 10/2011
luvdamouse91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #126
RweTHEREyet

Oh Happy Day. Got an e-mail today from DCL that final payment was coming due for our September 2013 Alaska sailing. Problem is that this was for a sailing that was supposed to have been canceled and the deposit moved to May 2014 Alaska sailing. So, once I got on the phone with DCL a little while ago, we figured out that the CM I spoke to before had only canceled one of the two cabins we had booked. They got it straightened out and moved the deposit money to my May 2014 San Diego sailing. So that makes my portion of the San Diego sailing almost paid in full (sailing with just SIL on that part of the trip).

Not sure how I didn't figure out I was missing that deposit money, but it all got a bit muddled when I changed everything and the new deposit amount was different. Feels like found money now and it sure made my day...
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #127
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamouse91 View Post
Love the Chicken Parmigiana and Cinnamon Rolls myself. Not at the same time, of course. Yum!
Oh yeah, forgot about those cinnamon rolls. Our server said they were famous for them, and I thought they were very good, but not sure about the famous part.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #128
NicoleKristal
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm coming with my DH (rounderjd)!
NicoleKristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #129
NicoleKristal
Earning My Ears

Ps

PS This is one of my DH's many strategies of convincing me to not cancel. We'll see how it goes
NicoleKristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #130
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleKristal View Post
PS This is one of my DH's many strategies of convincing me to not cancel. We'll see how it goes
lol, why would you want to cancel?!? Have you ever been on a Disney Cruise before? Nah - probably not. If you had you wouldn't even say that! Well - welcome!

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #131
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Just a note to please add us to the FE list. We weren't going to participate but we've changed our minds. It dawned on us that Lorelai will have just turned 2 for this cruise, an age where something like the FE list might be super fun for her! Anyhow, please add us, thanks!

Cabin #6019

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #132
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Its not aside from being able to book earlier, but basically because Castaway Club members can book at 90 days instead of 75 there's more slots available. Last fall I booked a cruise last minute (they were running some specials about 5 weeks from sailing) so we weren't able to get any Palo ressies beforehand, but we still got both Palo brunch and dinner when we got onboard. Unfortunately they were the same day ... I only went to the brunch since I sailed without DH and he wouldn't have forgiven me if I'd done dinner without him, but my cabin-mates said it was wayyyy too much food for one day to do them both on the same day and wouldn't take back to back ressies again.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #133
Huney
Mouseketeer

Thanks taaren

We're in on the FE too.

We're looking into changing our reservation. As of now were in an deluxe family stateroom with verandah, but I wonder if 2 inside staterooms would be better. We'd need them to be connecting since our kids are young. My TA is looking into it to see if its possible. Any opinions?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #134
Huney
Mouseketeer

Ok, we did it. We switched to 2 10B rooms, and it was exactly the same price as our 4E. It'll be nice to have the extra room, bathroom, and we can put the three kids in one room and dh and I can have our own time

Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #135
taaren

Quote:
Ok, we did it. We switched to 2 10B rooms, and it was exactly the same price as our 4E. It'll be nice to have the extra room, bathroom, and we can put the three kids in one room and dh and I can have our own time
Yay! Two rooms is definitely a lot more space ... one of these days I'll sail with a verandah, but in 3 cruises we've yet to spend much time in the room anyways except to shower and sleep (so the two baths will be awesome).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: