DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Which resort to waitlist?

After driving home in the snow on Friday evening, I want to get out of town for Spring Break! I know it's only a month away, but if something opens up in a DVC resort, we're outta here! We can drive to Orlando and spend 5 or 6 days there.

I checked DVC availability when I got home and shockingly Saratoga Springs had the entire week open (last week of March), for a 1 bedroom. At this point I'll take whatever opens up--- 1 or 2 bedroom, even a studio! Went to dinner, came back, it was gone. I went through every resort and every room type. There are scattered days open at most resorts.

I would like to take my chances and put myself on a waitlist. Since we can drive, if we go it's a bonus , if not we'll just stay home . Which resort would anyone recommend as the best chance for the waitlist to come through? I can choose 2, right?

I want to do this later today. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroodle View Post
After driving home in the snow on Friday evening, I want to get out of town for Spring Break! I know it's only a month away, but if something opens up in a DVC resort, we're outta here! We can drive to Orlando and spend 5 or 6 days there.

I checked DVC availability when I got home and shockingly Saratoga Springs had the entire week open (last week of March), for a 1 bedroom. At this point I'll take whatever opens up--- 1 or 2 bedroom, even a studio! Went to dinner, came back, it was gone. I went through every resort and every room type. There are scattered days open at most resorts.

I would like to take my chances and put myself on a waitlist. Since we can drive, if we go it's a bonus , if not we'll just stay home . Which resort would anyone recommend as the best chance for the waitlist to come through? I can choose 2, right?

I want to do this later today. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

I started last Monday and was able to get a 10 day stay for Easter -the week before easter - but I have to do a split stay, which I have no prob with.

I saw full weeks open up and disappear randomly, so I think it can be done if you just put some time into it.

you would have most luck with Saratoga and Old Key West from what I saw, but I saw 2 days open up at BWV, and AKL several times. if you start with the Easter holiday week - easter sunday still had random rooms open. BLT had the least amount of availability in any studio.

Keep in mind that if you book something and don't go you may end up with holding points.

I started out with holding points so for me it no longer mattered - I could play as much as I wanted - my point status was not going to change.

Since I had holding points, my original plan was to rent them out or go in May. But on a whim I did a search and came up with what would please me.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Did you waitlist or keep checking the DVC site? I can do a split stay. Do you request that with the waitlist?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'd waitlist a 1 bedroom at SSR.

IMO, that's the one with the best chance of coming through - largest resort and the villa size that usually sells out last.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you waitlist or keep checking the DVC site? I can do a split stay. Do you request that with the waitlist?
I would try a waitlist in your situation unless I knew I was coming anyway and willing to jump around a lot. You can waitlist at both resorts.

I'm a bit of a chance taker with my points. I don't always get what I want when I play the last minute game, but I also know to put plan B in place. For me that's book an offsite hotel room with some free room nights, therefore knowing I have a decent place to sleep.

If it involves me buying and paying cash, I don't do it as I already have my vacation budget set out to use free nights or vacation club.

Good luck and pixie dust for you!

By the way with regard to my split stay, this morning Kidani was available for my whole trip. Asked my travelling partner should we change from BLT and BWV split stay to a complete stay at Kidani and they declined. The Kidani was scooped up shortly thereafter by some lucky individual.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Did you waitlist on line or over the phone?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I've only waitlisted once before and that was only for 1 day at Vero Beach post-cruise. And yes....it came through!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you waitlist on line or over the phone?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I've only waitlisted once before and that was only for 1 day at Vero Beach post-cruise. And yes....it came through!
My waitlist was done online and is still waiting to be filled. If it comes I will stay one place for the whole trip.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Now the DVC site is down for repairs. Ugh!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: