DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Waitlist success and surprises

Yesterday I had the surprise to receive a waitlist success email.
I received the email at 5pm EST. Is this usual? I read here that many think that the waitlist are run during the night. In my case yesterday in the morning I checked my dates and there wasn't availability. This means that someone cancelled in the afternoon and the waitlist was immediately matched.

A second unexpected thing is that the system reallocated my points automatically. The waitlist is for BWV standard and replaced BCV, so I saved 8 points. The original reservation was made using all banked points. Later I did another reservation for June using half banked and half current UY point.
After the waitlist, the system moved the extra 8 banked points to the June reservation freeing 8 current UY points that can be banked. This saved a call to MS.
Is this a new behaviour? Never heard of it.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
I received the email at 5pm EST. Is this usual? I read here that many think that the waitlist are run during the night. In my case yesterday in the morning I checked my dates and there wasn't availability. This means that someone cancelled in the afternoon and the waitlist was immediately matched.
I believe that the waitlist match is a batch system run several times a day and once during the night.

When the computer finds a waitlist match, it puts the info into a file. CMs must complete the process to make the new reservation, cancel the existing reservation (if waitlist so requested), send the notification, etc. I believe the CMs do this either after hours or when the phones aren't busy. So someone could have a waitlist match, but not find out about it for several days. AFAIK, they work the waitlist file in the order of arrival date.

Quote:
A second unexpected thing is that the system reallocated my points automatically. The waitlist is for BWV standard and replaced BCV, so I saved 8 points. The original reservation was made using all banked points. Later I did another reservation for June using half banked and half current UY point.

After the waitlist, the system moved the extra 8 banked points to the June reservation freeing 8 current UY points that can be banked. This saved a call to MS.
I don't think the reallocation is automatic. I think the CM who worked your waitlist request did that. It is the way they are supposed to do it. Not all CMs are equally trained or careful about it, though, so it's good to check.

Happy for you - it's great to get a waitlist!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:

Wow. The automatic reallocation is something I have not heard of before. I think it is especially great for members who may not even be savvy enough to know it is possible to do this!
ETA: Looks like Carol was posting as I was typing. You are probably right, Carol, that an on-the-ball CM did this. In any case, it is good news.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
bwang123

its definitely run during the day. i went to lunch today and checked the reservation system and only 2 days of my week i had waitlisted were open. when i came back, i checked again and my 6 day waitlist was filled. this is for a may trip for BWV so i was suprised it happend so quick. was on the waitlist for about 2 1/2 weeks.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Good news all around!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

OP-- Exciting!

I had a WL email confirmation quite late in the day as well last week. I was happily surprised to get my Boardwalk view villa after less than a week on WL Thank you to who ever cancelled
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Not for me, but for DDiL's birthday, I have a 1 night waitlist for a 1 bedroom sv at BLT. I hope she gets the night, she already has the "real" birthday night, this one is extra.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
zavandor
DIS Veteran

My waitlist for AKV values came through. This time the two reservations were not linked automatically and points weren't reallocated.
So it's as a previous poster said: it has some manual process involved and not every CM merges reservations or reallocate points.
It was not a big deal, I've written an email and they did it.

So, now I'm finally done, 2 weeks in a value studio at AKV for next September!
How exciting, my first DVC stay!
Now I have just to keep my fingers crossed for the next 7 months, hoping for a Savannah view
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
Caren90
DIS Veteran

My 1 bedroom Boardwalk view wait list came in for October 18th for three days. I never thought a wait list for that date would happen so quickly.

Stephen
Old 03-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I just put in for a waitlist for BWV boardwalk view studio for Nov 10. I have it confirmed Nov 11 to 16. I booked a pool/garden for the 10th as a backup. This is my third time trying a waitlist, my first 2 were unsuccessful. I'm hoping since it's only 1 night and it's before 7 months that I will luck out.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
mousestruck
Mouseketeer

Our waitlist for AKV Club level (one night) came through last Saturday, after being on the waitlist for 3 months. I called to book my 8 night stay when the phone lines opened, exactly 11 months out... not realizing that I could have gone on line an hour earlier! Boy was I kicking myself, because I could not get that first night! I went on line the following morning and got the other 7 nights and booked a different room for the first night, waitlisting for the Club level. I was shocked to see an e-mail indicating the wait list came through... on a Saturday afternoon, no less!

Then, a few days later, I received another e-mail that linked the two reservations - creating one reservation for the entire stay. I am very happy, since now I don't have to worry about changing rooms. Thumbs up for the wait list process!!!
mousestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I'm still not 100% how they run and fulfill WLs.

In Fall of 2011, I called to make a change to a December reservation. The CM told me at the time that it appeared my WL had just matched and was in transition to be completed. It still took 2 full days for the WL to show filled . . . and I never did get the e-mail confirmation [which isn't the end of the world to me since I stalk the website. ] I just knew the CM had made a mistake telling me the WL had gone through.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
So, now I'm finally done, 2 weeks in a value studio at AKV for next September!
How exciting, my first DVC stay!
Now I have just to keep my fingers crossed for the next 7 months, hoping for a Savannah view
Congratulations. We were hoping for a savanna view in June of 2012, but ended up with an outstanding pool view. Loved it!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I just put in for a waitlist for BWV boardwalk view studio for Nov 10. I have it confirmed Nov 11 to 16. I booked a pool/garden for the 10th as a backup. This is my third time trying a waitlist, my first 2 were unsuccessful. I'm hoping since it's only 1 night and it's before 7 months that I will luck out.
I am also waiting for that night in a standard BWV studio. Good luck to both of us

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

Waitlisted December 5 for my 12/1 to 12/6 stay in a BCV studio. They have 11/30 available but it is 16 points as compared to 15 for 12/5. I only have 15 BCV points left that I was able to use before the 7 month mark.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: