Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
gin9874
Earning My Ears

DDP & two room question

My first post here and we have never been to Disney before.

We are headed to Disney for vacation and I was looking into the dining plans. We are a family of 7. DH, myself, DD13, SD 11, SS 10, SS8 and DS2. I don't think buying the dining plan for the six of us (since DS is only 2 and no charge) would be the best option. I am debating on buying the QS or standard plan for part of us and paying OOP for the rest.

3 of our kids are now "adult" diners yet don't eat like adults so I would hate to waste a bunch of food.

I read somewhere that most non-buffet places will let you share plates. SO I could let 2 kids split one plate but is that applicable to the dining plan?

Say I put DH, SS10, SS8 and DS2 in one room under DH's name and they get a dining plan. That is 2 adult credits and 1 child credit.

If I pay book the girls and I under my name and we pay OOP for the other meals, can one my SD or DD share food with the 10 year old? Can you order off the kids menu for older kids that you are paying OOP for in a table service restaurant?

If we both get the dining plan and we get child care for one night and go to dinner, do we have to present both cards or can we present one since we will have multiple "adults" in each room?

I hope I make sense. Just trying to figure out what the best plan of action is so that we aren't buying all adult meals for our older 3 that don't eat like adults. If all else fails, we will probably just go with paying OOP for everyone, but I was trying to see if it might be cheaper to buy a plan for at least part of us.
gin9874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I read somewhere that most non-buffet places will let you share plates. SO I could let 2 kids split one plate but is that applicable to the dining plan?
Yes.

Quote:
Say I put DH, SS10, SS8 and DS2 in one room under DH's name and they get a dining plan. That is 2 adult credits and 1 child credit.

If I pay book the girls and I under my name and we pay OOP for the other meals, can one my SD or DD share food with the 10 year old? Can you order off the kids menu for older kids that you are paying OOP for in a table service restaurant?
It's Disney's statement that you're not supposed to use a dining plan to feed people who didn't purchase a dining plan. They're very clear about this, so this board can't be used to discuss ways around it. The 2 year old is an exception as children under 3 don't get dining credits. You will not be able to share food or split the cost at any buffets, all you can eat restaurants or fixed price restaurants (except with the 2 year old). Via Napoli is very strict and will not allow guests on the dining plan to even share with each other.

Quote:
If we both get the dining plan and we get child care for one night and go to dinner, do we have to present both cards or can we present one since we will have multiple "adults" in each room?
You only need one card that has at least 2 adults listed on it.

Quote:
Can you order off the kids menu for older kids that you are paying OOP for in a table service restaurant?
Probably. There might be a couple of restaurants that won't allow it.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I want to add that there are some restaurants that serve food Family Style, where they bring out platters or bowls of food and everyone serves themselves from those dishes. You are not allowed to share at any restaurant that serves food that way--such as the Liberty Tree Tavern at night, or The Garden Grill.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
gin9874
Earning My Ears

Thank you both. I decided against the dining plans. I think for us it will be a better deal to just pay OOP. We will probably be doing mostly QS type meals with maybe 1-2 TS meals and eating some in our room or out of the park to save money. We are driving so we will have transportation to do that. Thanks again!
gin9874 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: