Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran

Question Antarctica Question...

As you may or may not have heard, Sea World's Antarctica attraction will open on May 24. I am wondering if Sea World has ever "soft opened" any of their new attractions in the weeks leading up to the official opening. My parents and I will possibly be in the Orlando area in early May and I wanted so badly to see this attraction. Have they done "soft openings" with Turtle Trek and/or Manta?

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
FLOIR
Mouseketeer

Yes, there was a soft opening with Turtle Trek but it was very limited. For about a week (maybe a little bit less) TT was open but only at specific times,

For example (and only example, I don't recall the specifics) on Tuesday they might have invited people to go through it. They literally had workers standing outside asking people as they walked by if they wanted to see it, there was no other advertisment. On Wednesday they might have planned to be open for 2 hours and may or may not have done that.

The idea was to see how the crowd flow was, and see how people liked it. There were actually some changes made based on that input.

Not sure about Manta.
FLOIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOIR View Post
Yes, there was a soft opening with Turtle Trek but it was very limited. For about a week (maybe a little bit less) TT was open but only at specific times,

For example (and only example, I don't recall the specifics) on Tuesday they might have invited people to go through it. They literally had workers standing outside asking people as they walked by if they wanted to see it, there was no other advertisment. On Wednesday they might have planned to be open for 2 hours and may or may not have done that.

The idea was to see how the crowd flow was, and see how people liked it. There were actually some changes made based on that input.

Not sure about Manta.
I hope they will do a longer "soft opening" period for Antarctica. As it is a much bigger attraction that has many parts, I would think that Sea World would want all the feedback they can get.

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: