Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

not adding park tickets to your KTTW

I want to do two separate packages for our August stay. I worked out the numbers and it would be cheaper to do with the dining plan. I know with the dining plan, I have to add 2 day base tickets. I would add them to the 1st package, but can I separate my park tickets from my KTTW, so I can save them for a future trip. And then pick up my tickets from the other package early.

I already paid for the second package, so I can't add park days to the first package.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Paying for the Dining Plan yourself only requires a one-day ticket purchase. Free Dining program requires a two-day ticket purchase. We have had our dining plan-required tickets removed from our KTTW cards and placed on new cards that we labeled and took home with us.

You can pick up package tickets early, up to 3 days before check-in. It should be done at a Guest Relations facility in front of the MK, EP, DHS or AK park gate or at DTD. Shouldn't be tried at your resort. Bring info about your reservation (and your ID) with you so the CM can look everything up.

See "Everything About WDW Tickets, Post 15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never done it, but you can have the park tickets taken off the KTTW card and yes, you can pick up park tickets 3 days prior to the start of a package. You don't say if your package is free dining or just a package with dining, but just in case you weren't aware, for a regular package paying for the DDP, you only need a 1 day base ticket; the 2 day base is required for free dining. The easiest way to do it is to get your park tickets with the first resort to cover both stays and the minimum needed for the DDP on the second one. Even though the second package is paid in full, you can make changes until 45 days prior to arrival without a penalty; but, it can also be done the way you're wanting to do it. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

I have a question-

If you have purchased your park tickets separately and booked a room only discount, is it possible to link your paper ticket to your key to the world card?
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
PrincessesX3
Mouseketeer

thank you!!

If I have the one day tickets for another stay, can I add days to the ticket later on?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
FtWildrns5
1296 miles from Fort Wilderness
Guess my wife is right about my wit
I'll have us all drape towels around our necks while wearing our bathing suits

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
I have a question-

If you have purchased your park tickets separately and booked a room only discount, is it possible to link your paper ticket to your key to the world card?
Yes it is. They can do it at your resort at check in.

06/14/08 kids first trip, Fort Wilderness
04/21/09 kids first trip to US/IOA
06/18/13 Poly
FtWildrns5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
thank you!!

If I have the one day tickets for another stay, can I add days to the ticket later on?
Yes, as long as the ticket is unused.

You can also leave the ticket on the second KTTW card, mark it with a Sharpie so you identify it, and use it as a ticket on the next visit. The KTTW card won't open a door, but it'll work as a ticket.

Note that at times, removing the ticket from the KTTW card ended up messing up the DP credits. Personally, I'd just keep the ticket on the card and not use it. (That's why I suggest the Sharpie, so you don't inadvertently use the wrong card.)

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: