Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
evie308
Earning My Ears

What time did you get off the boat in Port Canaveral?

We are driving back home to Toronto after our cruise and I'm trying to calculate our overnight stop. When did you finally get off the boat, collect your luggage and be outside the terminal.

We will be parking at the terminal and hopefully we can get to the car and on the road in a reasonable amount of time.

TIA
evie308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evie308 View Post
We are driving back home to Toronto after our cruise and I'm trying to calculate our overnight stop. When did you finally get off the boat, collect your luggage and be outside the terminal.

We will be parking at the terminal and hopefully we can get to the car and on the road in a reasonable amount of time.

TIA
wow, that's a long drive. i'm in Kingston and while I have driven it, its not my favorite thing to do.
we have always been off by 9. often earlier but by the time you get your luggage and pass customs you can say 9 and be safe.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
timweston
Earning My Ears

We had early seating dinner, so breakfast on debarkation day was at 6:45 AM and we were off the ship by 8:00 AM. We were in our car (in the garage) by 8:45 AM and on the road before 9:00 AM.

If you have the second dinner seating, your breakfast is at 8:00 AM, but if you'd rather not wait around (or if you don't want a sit down breakfast), Cabanas is open for breakfast and you can get off the ship rather early (around 7:30 AM).
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evie308 View Post

TIA
The big doors open about 7:30. Depending on how quickly you want to get off, you can be waiting for it (you'll have to take your own bags off the ship with you with early disembarkation). The latest you'll be getting off would be 9:00, as that's when DCL makes sure that everyone is heading that way.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
sunburnin
Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago. We were in our car by 8:05. We had early dining so our breakfast was at 6:45. That went quick and we were in line in the lobby when the doors opened around 7:30.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

we usually try to leave the ship around 7:30 - 8:00; the earliest we've gotten to our car is 8:10 and the latest 9am (the time we were missing a piece of luggage and had to search for it).

I recommend skipping breakfast, getting off as quickly and early as you can and then grabbing a porter to help with your luggage.

There's a dunkin donuts close to the port area so stop there for coffee (it's not Tim Horton's but it's good) and then hit the road.

If we do the drive in 2 days, I book the Holiday Inn Express in Clinton TN. It's a nice hotel (2 king beds in the room) with a decent breakfast in the morning and there's a nice family owned restaurant next door (walk over) named Harrison's that has good food and good prices for dinner.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
evie308
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your feedback.

Since we are taking a 3 night cruise we will probably only bring carry-on and be one of the 1st to leave the boat. I'm hoping we can get to West Virginia before sunset.
evie308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

We have always been able to be off and in our car by or before 7:45am.

On our last cruise we went without the kids so we didn't have much luggage. We kept our luggage on the last night and didn't do the sit down breakfast. We were able to be off the ship and in our car by 7:30.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: