Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I'm more so nervous come departure time that something will be screwed up and I won't get my ME papers hanging on my room door at the second resort.

On another note. This our first split say so obviously I will need bell services at my 1st resort to transfer my luggage to my 2nd resort. Have you done this before? Is it easy? Is there any certain time I should have my luggage at bell services? Around what time can I expect my luggage to arrive at my 2nd resort? I was told it could take over 6 hours to do the transfer?
Even if you don't get them, you can go to the lobby concierge and get them to help you. We had that happened at WL last month. Grand time to travel, when computer systems are all messed up, and one part of ME could see our departure but the other side couldn't. The lobby concierge called someone at ME, got a number for me, and he wrote up a slip for me to give to the driver. Although I was a little stressy (long trip, computer problems the whole way, and DS wasn't feeling well) it didn't take as much time as it felt like at the time, and it worked just fine. We used RAC, we got on the bus, our bags were in Seattle when we got off the plane, it was all good. Even though we didn't get anything on our door.

This was our first time using DME or RAC, but I've booked DME before (the call of the rental car always gets us...this time we turned in the car the day before going home), and we've so far always had split stays. I just do it one at a time. Fill out the form or talk to the CM for the part getting from the airport, and I'm done with that form or phone call. Then later I do the part going home. That way it's two separate things.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Hi again! I just wanted to update on my post from last week about getting a combined DME booklet for a split stay. My new packet arrived and it does have the arrival and departure all in one book. The luggage tags and vouchers both say POR, which is good because that's the arrival portion of our stay.

One thing I noticed was that on the luggage tags, neither of the strings of numbers matches either of our resort confirm numbers. I know the first string is the DME ressie number (it matches what's on our vouchers) but on the last packet the second string of numbers was our BC reservation number. DH called DME and they looked up the second number and said it was linked to our DME ressie and they do have us correctly listed as arriving at POR and leaving from BC.

So that's my long-winded story of our split stay combined booket. I'll report back in a few weeks to let you know if it goes off without a hitch!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: