Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 184

BOG not releasing cancellations???

So I have tried three times to get BOG reservations when people were canceling. I have been right there when the person said they were doing it. Of course, timing is everything and if there was that one person trying at the exact nanosecond that was released they got it instead of me. But now, it is almost midnight EST and someone just posted they released 2 ADRs. I tried to get the BOG and it didn't show up. I tried the other one - Ohana so I know it's a hard one to get - and there it was! I remember reading somewhere that people said they aren't releasing cancellations for BOG. Is this true?? If so, why would they do that???
__________________


Izzieheartscindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)
 
frannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 5,353

Looks like they aren't releasing any BOG ADRs at all

Today was my 180th day and the CM could not find anything for BOG. She looked deeper and did not see anything booked for some of the days I requested, even though they system is not showing anything available. So, they are holding them back for some reason. Wish they would be more upfront about this.
__________________
frannn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
Loreli
Mouseketeer
 
Loreli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 386

BOG for the week of Aug 18th was open for booking. I was not able to get my arrival day, the 18th but Wed I called back and got it for the 22nd. Now Thursday morning ppl start posting that they can't get anything for that week, as in they are told "it's not in the system" not that it's all booked. This has been a really point of frustration for many people.
Sorry, and I hope it's out for you real soon. I would keep checking online and keep calling! Be prepared, you will need a credit card to hold the ressie.
__________________
Loreli DH (refuses to go to Florida)
DD : 8 & DD 11
Loreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
gorjus121
Mouseketeer
 
gorjus121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn View Post
Today was my 180th day and the CM could not find anything for BOG. She looked deeper and did not see anything booked for some of the days I requested, even though they system is not showing anything available. So, they are holding them back for some reason. Wish they would be more upfront about this.
Wow! Its definitely confusing, but I would keep trying. We are 61 days from our trip and only booked it around 107 days before. I had all late choices for BOG (after 8 pm to choose from) but I was able to snag a late reservation the same week I scheduled our trip. But...a few days ago I ended up finding an earlier reservation for 4 pm which worked better with our young children. Like most restaurants, perhaps they don't book the entire restaurant with reservations, leaving room for walk-ins. I have been reading on the boards that it seems like they are not releasing cancellations, but somehow I did get one this week that was not previously available before. I also read somewhere on these boards that a travel agent found 2 reservations for her customers. Good luck!
__________________


  • 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 184

I just tried to the entire month of August (what's available so far anyway) for a party of two or party or 4 and there was nothing available. I just wanted to see something come up on my screen!! But no such luck. This is so frustrating and now I just realized that I posted twice on the March cancellation thread last night (in response to other people) and neither of those posts are there now today. What is going on!!!!!
__________________


Izzieheartscindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy
I just tried to the entire month of August (what's available so far anyway) for a party of two or party or 4 and there was nothing available. I just wanted to see something come up on my screen!! But no such luck. This is so frustrating and now I just realized that I posted twice on the March cancellation thread last night (in response to other people) and neither of those posts are there now today. What is going on!!!!!
Right now no one Can make a reservation for BOG. I was able to make my reservation on 8/18 for 8/23, but they seem to have pulled all availability since.

As far as cancellations, I remember back years ago when they updated the system after midnight. Even if somebody canceled, the reservation was not available immediately. People needed to wait until the next day. Does anyone know if that's still the case now?
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(14)Picasso






*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
theatermouse
Mouseketeer
 
theatermouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kings Mountain, NC
Posts: 308

2 weeks ago I was able to secure 2 ADRs for 3 people for BOG for 4/27 & 4/29, both at 9:30pm. I'm got one of them for my cousin who will be there at that same time & 1 for me, but I think she's going to let hers go as her party is going to be much bigger than I booked for. So I either got real lucky when someone let them go, or Disney opened up a late booking & I still got super lucky!
__________________
Cast Member - Room Service Cashier - Yacht & Beach Club Resorts & Villas - 2004

March 2009 - All Star Sports December 2009 - All Star Music
April 2010 - Mommy/Son Trip January 2012 - Mommy/Son Birthday Trip
May 2012 - SOLO!! (Micky Dolenz - Flower Power Concert)
April 2013 - Mommy/Son Trip May 2014 - Kid's Race & Daddy Finally Goes Back to Disney World
theatermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings
 
csmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 1,716

I thought it was odd. There was a ton of availability for when we were going & I made 1 reservation. Then we decided to change up our schedule, & there is nothing open on any day we are going.

OP - hopefully something will open soon.
__________________

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 9,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Wow! Its definitely confusing, but I would keep trying. We are 61 days from our trip and only booked it around 107 days before. I had all late choices for BOG (after 8 pm to choose from) but I was able to snag a late reservation the same week I scheduled our trip. But...a few days ago I ended up finding an earlier reservation for 4 pm which worked better with our young children. Like most restaurants, perhaps they don't book the entire restaurant with reservations, leaving room for walk-ins. I have been reading on the boards that it seems like they are not releasing cancellations, but somehow I did get one this week that was not previously available before. I also read somewhere on these boards that a travel agent found 2 reservations for her customers. Good luck!
WDW restaurants do not hold space for walkins
__________________
Hopefully is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic
 
jlundeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 111

On one of the previous posts on this thread or maybe another BOG one, I read that canceled reservations are only reloaded once a day. Does anyone know if that is true?

For thos who HAVE been lucky enough to score a canceled reservation, did you do it on the phone or online? Had you tried earlier in the day and found nothing, but suddenly there WAS an opening? What time of day did you find the cancelation?

Just still holding out hope here that something will open up for our trip in April...and I've been checking online a million times a day...if they only reload them once a day, if would be great to know when that is routinely done.

THanks for any info!!
__________________
jlundeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
gorjus121
Mouseketeer
 
gorjus121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
On one of the previous posts on this thread or maybe another BOG one, I read that canceled reservations are only reloaded once a day. Does anyone know if that is true?

For thos who HAVE been lucky enough to score a canceled reservation, did you do it on the phone or online? Had you tried earlier in the day and found nothing, but suddenly there WAS an opening? What time of day did you find the cancelation?

Just still holding out hope here that something will open up for our trip in April...and I've been checking online a million times a day...if they only reload them once a day, if would be great to know when that is routinely done.

THanks for any info!!
Twice, in the last 2 weeks I found a BOG reservations online, searching at 5:45-6 am EST. I settled for a crappy time but then lucked out yesterday. I was able to get a reservation in early May. I also had a few choices (times) to choose from as well. I got a great time of 5 pm for 6 people but it took me about 5 weeks of trying everyday. I never attempted to call. Keep trying & good luck!
__________________


  • 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic
 
jlundeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Twice, in the last 2 weeks I found a BOG reservations online, searching at 5:45-6 am EST. I settled for a crappy time but then lucked out yesterday. I was able to get a reservation in early May. I also had a few choices (times) to choose from as well. I got a great time of 5 pm for 6 people but it took me about 5 weeks of trying everyday. I never attempted to call. Keep trying & good luck!
Thanks for the info...I'll keep trying (unfortunately, your 5:45 AM is my 4:45 AM, so I'll sleep with my laptop by the bed and try if I can wake up aorund 4:30)

One thing I did get cleared up today, though, if you can believe what the CMs tell you (and we have all had MANY DIFFERENT experiences with them! ). During my call to reserve my April Fireworks Dessert Party time, I asked about cancelations, and how they get back into the system. She said it's a live system, and immediately upon being canceled, a time slot opens up again. Somehow I'm having trouble with this, as with all the problems they are having with broken links, freeze ups, slow loading, etc., on the new website, it probably doesn't really work that way.

But...I'll keep trying...who knows, maybe I'll just get lucky and be searching at the same time someone cancels!
__________________
jlundeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Babooagain
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Peterborough On.
Posts: 61

I guess I should consider myself even luckier than I thought. We're using Dreams Unlimited this time and our agent managed to get us adrs for 5 of us on Aug. 20. They're later than we might have preferred (8.40) but I still did a happy dance. Good luck to everyone still trying!
Babooagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
disneynut11
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 322

I called the other day to try and get an ADR for August with no luck. The CM told me it is NOT true that the system updates once a day. Rather he said it shows up on the computer automatically and immediately. Which if this is true I basically have to search all the time!
disneynut11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran
 
DeeCeeSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,822

If the new system is anything like the old, then yes, cancellations show up immediately. I have cancelled ressies and seen them show up while searching for new ones!
__________________
DeeCeeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.