Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
jillybeene71
Geaux Saints...Can you feel the Brees?

question about tickets and RFID

Should I buy my tickets now before the inevitable price increase or wait for the summer discount to see if they offer the ticket discount like they have with the special offer now?
Another question...Are the rfid wristbands for room only AND package deals. In other words do I have to get a package to get the wristband and fastpass+?

July '07 Universal/Hard Rock Nov '07 Royal Pacific New Years '08 All Star Music (Magic Music Days) July '08 Royal Pacific Oct '08 PO Riverside New Years '09 All Star Movies July '09 Pop Century New Years '10 Pop Century July '10 PO Riverside/Royal Pacific November '10 Pop Century July '11 Pop Century Nov '11 All Star Movies Nov '12 Pop Century July '13 AoA/Pop CenturyNov/Dec '13 ASMovies/Pop Century October '14 Royal Pacific/Pop Century
jillybeene71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

I have asked about the RFIDs also. I believe starting this month that they are for resort guests. They are part of MyMagic+ or something like that. From what I understand they are for rooms, park entry, fastpass, you can also charge with it. Hope that helps some. There was a DIS Podcast about it also.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

When we were there, they have 2 different entry gates. One with old scanners, one with new ones. At MK they were very accomadating & could scan old tickets on handheld machines on the new side. AK made you use the appropriate side. Didn't see new gates at Epcot or Studios, but I assume they were there somewhere. It was not a big deal for us. All of the room doors had the technology & the registers all had the new payment kiosks were you tapped your card. Some you had to enter your pin, others you didn't. No rhyme or reason. I was asked for my pin for a $5 purchase, but not for a $50 somewhere else. I would save the money now, I think I read where the ticket media can be added to the room key anyway & newly issued APs weren't RDIF, so the old paper tickets aren't going to disappear overnight. JMO
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Right now the entire MagicBand, FastPass Plus, RFID Chips, and everything else related to NextGen is in a state of flux and nobody will be able to give a definite answer to anything related to them until at least a few months after everything is rolled out.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: