Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Montes cruisers
Earning My Ears

First time disney cruiser???

Anyone have any reviews/pics on magic room 5518? Recent navigators for a 6 night out of Galveston to grand caymans and cozumel? Port suggestions? reviews on semi sub in grand cayman? dolphin swim push and pull in cozumel? and as an observer as well? Tips suggestions for cruising with a 2 year old daughter? And 7 year old son. Must dos and donts? Dress up for pirate night? Best spot to watch firework show? Any other need to knows? Thanks!!!
Montes cruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I say dress up for pirate's night. I mean why not? Just don't wear a skirt... :D Fast moving boat, wind, skirt... bad.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montes cruisers View Post
Anyone have any reviews/pics on magic room 5518? Recent navigators for a 6 night out of Galveston to grand caymans and cozumel? Port suggestions? reviews on semi sub in grand cayman? dolphin swim push and pull in cozumel? and as an observer as well? Tips suggestions for cruising with a 2 year old daughter? And 7 year old son. Must dos and donts? Dress up for pirate night? Best spot to watch firework show? Any other need to knows? Thanks!!!
Have you checked the Room Reports link on the Staterooms tab in the red bar above? Don't just look under the Magic list, click on any room 5518. For some reason the room numbers are all lumped together regardless of ship.

We always dress up for pirate night. Your kids will love it, but it is late (fireworks around 10:00). We like deck 10 port side above the goofy pool to watch the fireworks.

Book your max number of hours you can in the nursery for your youngest. You can always cancel (up to 4 hours prior) with no charge if you decide not to use it.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

We just got back from this same cruise last Friday - we loved every minute of it! In Grand Cayman we did the island tour and swimming with sting rays - your little one may be a little too little for that one - but it was great. In Cozumel we didn't do any excursions - just some shopping at the port. We dressed in matching tshirts for pirate night - we never could find costumes that would not have cost us almost $500 for all five of us. I did see some very creative people that used clothes they probably had in their closets to create costumes. I agree with the PP about where to view the fireworks - that is where we were and had a fantastic view! Other things you might want to know - formal night is the first sea day; semi formal night is the Cozumel day; there is a character breakfast - they will tell you at dinner the night before that the next day is your day to go. Have a great cruise - we did! Our servers were Martin and Jimson and they were FANTASTIC! Our stateroom hostess was Aileen and she was absolutely great! If you have the pleasure of meeting any of these people they are fabulous - as were every emloyee I meet!

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
Montes cruisers
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the great info. So looks like we need to find a spot near the goofy pool on deck 10? Which part of the boat. Front back or middle? Keep the great info coming we are so excited?
Montes cruisers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: