Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
zoeandjacks
Mouseketeer

question about getting in early for Minnie & Friends and a few more questions

We just decided to take the kids the weekend of March 16-17. DH and I used to live in Southern California (now Vegas) and went often, but we haven't been with our kids yet and I'm so excited! We are going to be staying off-property. I haven't gotten our tickets yet and was planning on just buying them at the gate, but I made a reservation for Minnie & Friends for Saturday morning at 8:10 (the park opens at 9 that morning I believe). I know from reading here that we can line up at gate 1 and we will be taken to the restaurant, but we also need our tickets--will the ticket booths be open already? Or should we try to get the tickets before we leave? I was going to order from Ares Travel and then I would have a printout that I need to go to a ticket booth with, would I be able to do that before 8 am on Saturday morning if the park opens at 9?

Another question--I was going to order a PhotoPass+, but since we are going to Minnie and Friends before the park is even open, I wouldn't have time to get it all sorted like you have to before you start using it...could we get pictures with Minnie and Friends and then come back and have them added to the PhotoPass+ after we get it activated or whatever?

and finally, does anyone know the current prices for Minnie & Friends and for Ariel's Grotto? We also have reservations at Ariel's for lunch on Sunday, just trying to plan my budget accordingly.

Thank you and sorry for all the questions!!!
zoeandjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Tggrtoes
Earning My Ears

ok... dumb question... what do you mean by needing to get your photopass+ sorted? I have one arriving in a few days for our trip and now I'm worried I missed something.
Tggrtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
pharmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tggrtoes
ok... dumb question... what do you mean by needing to get your photopass+ sorted? I have one arriving in a few days for our trip and now I'm worried I missed something.
What you will get is a paper voucher that you have to take to Photo Corner on Main Street in DLR or the Kingswell Camera Shop in DCA to exchange for the actual PP+ plastic card. This process usually only takes a couple minutes assuming the shops aren't busy. However, OP is concerned because those shops won't be open when they arrive for her M&F breakfast reservation.

Many people on here have successfully reported getting character meal photos printed for them after the fact when their PP+ wasn't activated yet so I don't think this should be a problem. Given your proximity to the Photo Shop on Main Street if you're at the M&F breakfast at Plaza Inn though, I'd probably just run out and get your pp+ card before you leave M&F.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disneyland many times as a child, now sharing the magic with my children....
Disneyland 5K 2014 (as Lilo & DD9 as Stitch), Disneyland 10K 2014 (dressed as Jessie)
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #4
zoeandjacks
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! I will just have DH run out when the photo shop opens, that way I don't take time going there after breakfast and then having to return back to M&F to have the photos added to the PP+. I just ordered my PP+ today, hope it gets to me before the 14th!
zoeandjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Tggrtoes
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Sorry for hijacking your thread! We'll be there the week before you. Whoohoo!
Tggrtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeandjacks
We just decided to take the kids the weekend of March 16-17. DH and I used to live in Southern California (now Vegas) and went often, but we haven't been with our kids yet and I'm so excited! We are going to be staying off-property. I haven't gotten our tickets yet and was planning on just buying them at the gate, but I made a reservation for Minnie & Friends for Saturday morning at 8:10 (the park opens at 9 that morning I believe). I know from reading here that we can line up at gate 1 and we will be taken to the restaurant, but we also need our tickets--will the ticket booths be open already? Or should we try to get the tickets before we leave? I was going to order from Ares Travel and then I would have a printout that I need to go to a ticket booth with, would I be able to do that before 8 am on Saturday morning if the park opens at 9?

Another question--I was going to order a PhotoPass+, but since we are going to Minnie and Friends before the park is even open, I wouldn't have time to get it all sorted like you have to before you start using it...could we get pictures with Minnie and Friends and then come back and have them added to the PhotoPass+ after we get it activated or whatever?

and finally, does anyone know the current prices for Minnie & Friends and for Ariel's Grotto? We also have reservations at Ariel's for lunch on Sunday, just trying to plan my budget accordingly.

Thank you and sorry for all the questions!!!
Saturdays are EE for DL, so they'll just scan your tickets.
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: