Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Dinsey_Princess83, for all the info. I desperately want to swap out Chef Mickey's with CRT, but my husband is a huge buffet fan and I'm afraid that he won't want to switch to CRT. We did Askerhaus Princess Breakfast in 2010 and that was pre-plated, all you care to eat and our portions were quite small, even in my opinion. We asked and received 2nds on the eggs and meat, but he still felt he didn't get his money's worth! Crazy man! So this could be an uphill battle but your info. has been very helpful and does confirm that CRT is, in fact, all you care to eat. Thanks again!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinannie View Post
Thank you, Dinsey_Princess83, for all the info. I desperately want to swap out Chef Mickey's with CRT, but my husband is a huge buffet fan and I'm afraid that he won't want to switch to CRT. We did Askerhaus Princess Breakfast in 2010 and that was pre-plated, all you care to eat and our portions were quite small, even in my opinion. We asked and received 2nds on the eggs and meat, but he still felt he didn't get his money's worth! Crazy man! So this could be an uphill battle but your info. has been very helpful and does confirm that CRT is, in fact, all you care to eat. Thanks again!
You're welcome Between the two, I would choose CRT every time. CRT has good sized portions for breakfast (lunch and dinner have smaller portions) and all you care to eat means you can keep ordering as much as you'd like. We also prefer out food really hot, which buffet food generally isn't. Good Luck!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
sabcook
Mouseketeer

I would also pick CRT over CM any day of the week - no comparison whatsoever on food quality or ambiance.

If it helps, we ate there in December and my DH couldn't decide if he wanted the crepes or the french toast so he ordered both. No problem - no hesitation from the server at all. My DS also liked the cinamon rolls and asked for more and they brought out a plate with about a dozen piled high on it. I really don't think that anyone should leave there hungry - you just need to ask.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I've done two pre-park opening ADRs at CRT within the last 18 months (both ADRs were at 8:15 am).

My observations:

When you show up at the podium is more important than your ADR time. So if you have an 8:15 ADR but are one of the first at the podium, you will likely be let in right after 8:05.

It takes about 30-40 minutes from the time the first princess visits your table until the last one leaves. For the first breakfast service, the first princess usually comes out around 8:15ish. At that service, all of the princesses have usually made all of the rounds by 9 or shortly thereafter (the earlier you are seated, the earlier they will come to your table).

The kids meals are a bit of a joke but, as previously noted, kids tend to fill up somewhat on the pastries that are brought out before the entrees.

While the restaurant is technically "all you care to eat" we've had somewhat surly, disinterested middle-aged male servers on both occasions. If you have a child that's a big eater, my advice would be to let the server know this ASAP and request that a larger than normal portion be brought out initially (if you wait until later, you may have a hard time getting the server's attention, and even if you do, the request may be met with an annoyed sigh and a long disappearing act before any additional food is delivered - the server issue is, however, the luck of the draw - you may have a great server where this won't be an issue).
Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #20
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

It is a must do for me (at least once in a while, because it is rather expensive). Everything is wonderful, give it a try once, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've done Chef Mickeys once and I'll never do it again. There was just nothing that really tripped my trigger there. Food wasn't very good, not very hot either. Characters were great once they got to your table. The place is pretty big and confusing. I totally missed a station (forgot what was on it, I just know it was something sweet, my favorite kind of food) I missed it because it was kind of all by it's self away from the main stations. Service was slow to clean up plates, bring drinks, and cash out the bill. I just didn't like it at all, neither did DH. I've read all of the reviews and decided to try it anyway just because I had never been. I think you'll be alot happier with CRT.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #21
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
I have just a couple of questions about the CRT breakfast. I looked at photos and it seems like the child portions for my kids will not be enough (no, seriously, they out eat myself and DH. Of course, they are beyond skinny, so much so that it looks like we starve them. Darn well working metabolisms! It's not fair. ) Are we able to ask for 2nds? 3rds? 12ths?

Also, are we able to make an ADR for BEFORE the park opens? How long does it usually take for the ladies to make their rounds? (i.e. when will we be done?)

Lastly, are their any audience participation activities done besides meeting the princesses? Like, I have heard at Crystal Palace there is a parade, anything like that here?

Thank you all for your infinate patience and wisdom. Doing this for the first time I feel like I'm traveling to China!
You just need to ask for more food since it is all you care to eat. Here is my experience & pictures of my trip:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...st-review.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: