Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

Smile Art of Animation

Hi all! We'll be staying at Art of Animation from April 24th-May 4th in a Finding Nemo Suite. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and can give any tips of some extra fun stuff, or any concerns/issues? We usually stay at Port Orleans, so this will be a bit of a change for us, thanks!

May 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
August 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Art of Animation
Hoping for Sept 2014 - POR/Poly or CR?!?!?!?

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

amber.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at AOA in November in the LM rooms. It was the furthest from the food court but not too bad. Finding Nemo is the closest. Try to do breakfast early at the food court. It gets so crowded and crazy by 8:00am! Lines everywhere! There is only one bus stop for the whole property. In front of the main building. That was a little rough. Busses were slightly crowded at times but manageable. Take lots of pictures, the resort is beautiful! Have a great time!!!

September 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort
December 2010 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011 Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Dream
November 2012 Art of Animation Resort
June 2013 Coronado Springs
kimnvbva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
mommytoliandlu
Earning My Ears

We are staying there as well, but in a Little Mermaid room. It looks like the movie themes will make it really fun for the kids! We are going in late June. I'm subbing here to hear responses

Disney trips so far:
1. Stayed offsite in 1992 (when I was a kid with my parents)
2. AoA in 2013 with DH, DS, DD & my mom
Hopefully planning our next trip!
mommytoliandlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoliandlu View Post
We are staying there as well, but in a Little Mermaid room. It looks like the movie themes will make it really fun for the kids! We are going in late June. I'm subbing here to hear responses
We stayed there and loved the room. Kids loved all the characters everywhere to take pictures. We'll be going in late June too! Staying at Saratoga springs this time. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
mom2l&t
Earning My Ears

Interested in the responses on this thread as we are planning a trip this year. We are considering this resort as well. The buses are a major concern of my DH. I heard they have their own buses and at this time do not share. Hope that is true and helps with the wait time. We want to spend our time in the parks not in a bus line.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

You will have so much fun!

Our only peeve was how long the food court was a times. And there was not enough washing machines!

Other than that, we just loved our stay there.

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnvbva View Post
We just stayed at AOA in November in the LM rooms. It was the furthest from the food court but not too bad. Finding Nemo is the closest. Try to do breakfast early at the food court. It gets so crowded and crazy by 8:00am! Lines everywhere! There is only one bus stop for the whole property. In front of the main building. That was a little rough. Busses were slightly crowded at times but manageable. Take lots of pictures, the resort is beautiful! Have a great time!!!
My biggest concern is the bus and transportation time! We are used to POR which has 4 bus stops, so we almost never had to wait and never encountered a full bus. Just wondering if you felt this happened more often at AoA, and how much longer the transportation took to get to the Parks?

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynypixie View Post
You will have so much fun!

Our only peeve was how long the food court was a times. And there was not enough washing machines!

Other than that, we just loved our stay there.
I am really excited, just getting to that point where I second guess my choices! (I've done it every trip, my DH just rolls his eyes and tries to reassure me!) We are all very light breakfast eaters so we'll eat in our room, was the food court busy at all the meal times though? We do have a couple days where we planned on doing an early dinner there. And if you don't mind my asking what food did you guys enjoy the most at Landscapes?!

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

We stayed there this past January 18-28 in Finding Nemo family suite. Traveled with 4 adults and 2 girls under10. We loved this hotel! Decorations in all areas were amazing. Pool was very nice, food court had a lot of options. The food court can get very busy if planning on breakfast I would recommend going as early as you can as it is not very busy before about 8am after that it is pure craziness! They also offer whole pizzas that take about 10 minutes we opted to take this back to the room a couple of nights, reasonable priced at about $15. We loved walking around and looking at the different areas; Cars, Lion King, Mermaid as well. One night we walked across the bridge to check out Pop Century this was a fairly quick walk and fun to see as we'll. This resort does have its own dedicated buses although the bus stop is near the end of the line from all parks bus rides still were not too bad 15-20 minutes to and from the parks. On a few mornings the lines for the buses to Magic Kingdom were very long to they immediately called for more buses and actually had 1-2 waiting as the other one loaded to get all to the park quickly no 20 minute wait between buses these mornings. Overall we had a great time.
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AoA last September, the first weekend the LM rooms opened. We were in one of the LM rooms and it was a hike, lol. The theming of the resort is beautiful though. The bus waits weren't too long (under 10-15 minutes) for most of the parks except MK and DTD. Try to avoid the food court before 9am and between 4-6pm. We found it to be the busiest during those times. Enjoy your trip!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
mommytoliandlu
Earning My Ears

How much of a hike would you say?

Disney trips so far:
1. Stayed offsite in 1992 (when I was a kid with my parents)
2. AoA in 2013 with DH, DS, DD & my mom
Hopefully planning our next trip!
mommytoliandlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

We stayed at AOA in December and loved it! Even in the mermaid area the walk doesn't feel long to me. There's so much to see and do as you walk through the resort grounds. It feels like you are walking around in a cartoon! I have a lot of pics on my current trip report if you want to see more. Here are a couple of my favorites.

The food in the food court was very good too. When I first saw that menu last June I was not interested, but after trying a few things out...
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #13
JeannieKY
Tink fan

Staying at AoA LM section late June-early July. How is the phone/Internet connection for cell phones?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #14
primrosea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKY
Staying at AoA LM section late June-early July. How is the phone/Internet connection for cell phones?
We stayed in the LM area for 2 weeks in October into November and had no problems with Internet or cell phone connectivity. We were actually stuck there during hurricane sandy so I had to do work on our laptop and send it into work and had no problems at all.

Also, I would like to mention that the walk to pop was boy bad at all so we would occasionally have meals there or take buses there from parks if they came before the AOA buses. We felt it really expanded our options for food and transportation.
Pop~October 2012

AoALM~October-November 2012
Port Orleans Riverside~October 2013

http://livingontheprimrosepath.blogspot.com/ LETS TALK GLUTEN FREE DISNEY
primrosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber.miller View Post
My biggest concern is the bus and transportation time! We are used to POR which has 4 bus stops, so we almost never had to wait and never encountered a full bus. Just wondering if you felt this happened more often at AoA, and how much longer the transportation took to get to the Parks?
The busses seemed to be full all the time. I guess it happened more because of the one bus stop. That was the main reason my husband doesn't want to go back. We're staying at CSR in June. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: