Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We're old school too when we're on vacation. We carry DHs phone in case of emergency, and will use wi fi for the park apps, but that's it. When we're with anyone else and need to meet, we just specify a time and place ahead of time.

But at 60 cents for a text, if we weren't going to use it often, we'd be OK with that.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
disneyfreak89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivers View Post
We don't use our cell phones while we're in Disney. If we split up, we just pick a time and a place to meet, and go with that. I guess if one of us got stuck somewhere it would be nice to be able to let the other person know, but we've been lucky, and never had that problem! We use email to keep in touch with people back home. I actually find it very relaxing to not have my cell, although I'm sure not everyone would agree with me, lol!
That's exactly what we've done most trips but this upcoming trip we're going with DMIL and DSIL and need to keep in touch with them before, during and after their departure.

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - DixL; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - DixL; 2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - PC;
2007 - PC/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - PC/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/PC; 2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse
Does anyone know how to use google

off topic but how do you get Telus to unlock iphone? my contract is up in a few months and i went to one of those kiosk and they said they would charge $150 but i didnt know telus would for alot less
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2 View Post
off topic but how do you get Telus to unlock iphone? my contract is up in a few months and i went to one of those kiosk and they said they would charge $150 but i didnt know telus would for alot less
If anybody other than your cell provider says they can unlock your iphone, they are lying to you. Unlike other phones which have the secret built in code, iphones require your provider to link up with Apple's internal database, and the unlock actually occurs on the Apple end.

Assuming you are with Telus, just call them up and ask about unlocking your phone. I did it when they first began offering it last summer, and it was $50 then - I understand that the price may have dropped to $35.

Just so there is no confusion, Telus will only unlock Telus phones.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse
Does anyone know how to use google

so yes i am with Telus, and i have to wait til the contract runs out correct to get it unlocked? then will i be able to use it at any carrier with the new carrier sim card?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2
so yes i am with Telus, and i have to wait til the contract runs out correct to get it unlocked? then will i be able to use it at any carrier with the new carrier sim card?
My understanding is that as long as you have completed a portion of your contract (3 mos? 6 mos?) they will do the unlock.

Because different cell providers use different bandwidths, I'm pretty sure you can't use a Telus phone on Rogers, but you might be able to on Bell?

In the US, you can use a Telus phone on T-Mobile and (I think) AT&T.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
MM_Bound
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2 View Post
You need to be with telus for 90 days, and it costs 35.00. Here is the information for the iPhone.
http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/U...ce.shtml#Apple
The bottom of the page had the information about needing to be signed up for 90 days.
You will also need a Micro sim from what ever company you choose to go which is fairly easy to find.
MM_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: