Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #31
jasonsk287
Earning My Ears

We check into POR next Saturday (3/9)- can't wait!!!
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85

I agree! Except we are AB people It's just so nice and peaceful there, gorgeous! Love the food court!
We love AB! Trying a royal room in 45 days!!!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #33
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteK
Hi all I just booked POR for myself and my husband. Booked a river view room. I have no idea which building to request Any suggestions?

Booking this was totally a leap of faith based on all of the reviews and photos I've seen here. Last year was our first visit, and we stayed at Coronado Springs. We loved it there, thus the nervousness of booking POR. If you've loved a particular resort, how do you make yourself excited about staying at a new resort?

Anyway, we're so excited -- only 58 days to go If you can provide any suggestions for a nice room location for POR - River view room, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, help me calm my nerves and assure me that we have made a good decision about this resort. Thank you all
As you can see from my signature, I've stayed at a lot of on property resorts! Am returning to POR for the third time in 13 months in April! Something really clicked when we stayed there the first time last February. Busses were hit or miss, however I can't say that it is any worse than every other resort, even GF! Food court is crazy at times too, but again, every other resort quick service food area is crazy at peak times, again, even GF. The rest of the resort is just lovely lovely lovely....and the rooms are newly renovated! Enjoy!😊

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #34
saredaza
Earning My Ears

Smile POR building choice

[WQUOTE=JeanetteK;47592269]Hi all I just booked POR for myself and my husband. Booked a river view room. I have no idea which building to request Any suggestions?

Booking this was totally a leap of faith based on all of the reviews and photos I've seen here. Last year was our first visit, and we stayed at Coronado Springs. We loved it there, thus the nervousness of booking POR. If you've loved a particular resort, how do you make yourself excited about staying at a new resort?

Anyway, we're so excited -- only 58 days to go If you can provide any suggestions for a nice room location for POR - River view room, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, help me calm my nerves and assure me that we have made a good decision about this resort. Thank you all [/QUOTE]
We stayed at por last year and we were in building 85 Magnolia Terrace. I would ask for a room on the second floor to avoid the stairway. When you leave the building you have a short walk over the bridge to the food court, pool, and Fulton's General Store. I think this resort is one of the most beautiful resorts in Disney. We love it so much we are going back in April. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
saredaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR several times and the only "crowding" issues we had were at peak mealtimes in the food court area. Same goes for buses - the only time we had a wait were at peak departure times from the parks back to the resorts (such as, after the fireworks when nearly EVERY resort bus line was long). CSR is so much more spread out and involves a LOT of walking which was a hassle for us with small children - pushing strollers, as well as a lot of walking for my mom (who is in her 70s). The grounds at CSR are beautiful, but I think POR is just as lovely. Especially along the River. I distinctly enjoyed the early morning walks from our rooms to The Mill - so incredibly peaceful and picture-worthy. Perhaps we might prefer CSR over POR someday when the kids don't come along with us anymore? I don't think you can go wrong with either.

As for POR suggestions for rooms - I'd just ask for any room away from the main pool since it could possibly be a noise issue if you decide to spend some nap time in your room in the middle of the day, etc.

DD(19) - DD(13) - DS(10) - DS(3)

Planning Trip 9 to WDW!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013, All-Star Music - September 2014
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #36
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteK View Post
Hi all I just booked POR for myself and my husband. Booked a river view room. ................

................Last year was our first visit, and we stayed at Coronado Springs. We loved it there, thus the nervousness of booking POR. If you've loved a particular resort, how do you make yourself excited about staying at a new resort?

..............Also, help me calm my nerves and assure me that we have made a good decision about this resort. ............
We have stayed at POR and have no problem recommending it. Beautiful resort, good food, great place to walk around especially to POFQ along the river, wife and I had a fun time taking the horse drawn carriage ride, and the boat to DTD is fun.

My favorite resort is WL and my wife's the Poly, but we still have not stayed at the same resort twice. We want to stay at as many of the WDW resorts as possible just to experience all the different themes. We have not been disappointed yet with any of them. They all have their charm, I'm sure after reading many post here many will disagree with this statement (strongly), to each their own.

But if you absolutely, positively refuse to stay at another resort, you just might not find your NEW FAVORITE resort. If I didn't stay at one of the WDW resorts because of the negative reports I have read on this board, I literally would not have stayed at any of the resorts we have stayed at. Over the years I have read negative reports for each and every resort we have stayed at.

Keep your reservation there and when you get back give us a PROs and CONs report on POR.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #37
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Hi Jeanette, we will be there more or less the same time as you, we were wondering everything you have been asking as we had the same worries, its just me and DH this time (aged 42) as dd has now flown the nest, we have booked a garden view room in the magnolia terrace area, really looking forward to it!

Debs x

Last edited by amacspad; 03-02-2013 at 02:33 PM.
amacspad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
NJdadof2
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a Royal Room last summer and enjoyed the resort very much.
We have two young children, so our experience is quite different from what yours will be.
Regardless, for a young couple such as yourselves, I can see you enjoying a quiet walk around the resort, as the landscaping and atmosphere is very peaceful. A late night bite to eat and drink watching Yee Haw Bob is great fun. And a serene boat ride to POFQ and DTD is very convenient and will give you a chance find some new eats.
I can't imagine you guys not having a great time there.

2008-Wilderness Lodge 2010-AKL 2011-BWV 2012-POR / OKW 2013-BLT 2014 - BWV/POP 2015 - HHI Resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: