Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
terryellen1
Earning My Ears

Carseat experience in cozemel

Hi DISers

Thanks for all the help in the past few months....I have enjoyed reading the many posts and getting info from all of you

One area that we were unsure of was the use of carseats in Cozumel....there didnt seem to be any clear info/recent experience...so I thought I would offer up our experience.

Used the car seat on the airplane and in our rental car before the cruise. Installed it in a taxi to get us to the port morning of the cruise. Left it curbside with all the luggage to be delivered to our room. The stateroom host stored it for us and took it out minutes before we needed to leave the ship for Cozumel.

We sailed to Cozumel with our four children including a 2.5 year old...Disembarked with car seat in tow....10 minute walk through the little mall area to the taxi stand. Told the man in charge that we needed a van for 6 that had seat belts....he said "this is Mexico...no seat belts needed !!" We said we required them....The very first van that pulled up had belts for everyone...we installed the seat....easy!! Went to Chankanaab....10 minute straight shot down the road....carried the seat to our beach area and left it there for the day....reversed all these steps to return to the ship...again, the first van to arrive had seat belts....stored it once again when we returned to the ship.

We found using the car seat could not have been easier and we would not have done it any other way....

hope this helps some others

Theresa
terryellen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!
avinsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. We walked around Cozumel on our last trip there, but I looked and found many taxis with working seatbelts too.
Hopefully this will encourage more people who want to use car seats to bring them to this port.
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

We were just discussing this issue on our cruise meet thread. Thanks for the info - very helpful!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: