DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
imahunter
Earning My Ears

Grand Californian Hotel

Looking to rent points for a week in June to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. Just recently heard about this option, so not sure if this is the proper route to go about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
imahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahunter View Post
Looking to rent points for a week in June to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. Just recently heard about this option, so not sure if this is the proper route to go about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
There is an entire board here on the DIS dedicated to renting out points. Try reading as much as you can here:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahunter View Post
Do you mean the DVC villas at GC (VGC)?

And do you mean this June?

If so, it will be really, really hard to get any nights there at this time, and a full week even harder.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You might not be able to use points at the GC Hotel since it is connected to a DVC villa resort. And if you could, the number of points would be high compared to the villas per night. It might not be cost effective.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You might not be able to use points at the GC Hotel since it is connected to a DVC villa resort. And if you could, the number of points would be high compared to the villas per night. It might not be cost effective.
The Hotel side is listed in the 2013 Disney Resort Collection -- but yes, the points are extremely high! For June 2013, points required start at 48-points/night for mid-week, Standard view ... and run up to 79-points/night for weekend, Pool/Park view. Club level is also offered with points ranging 78-105-points/night for the same period, June 2013.

OP: Save yourself the headache. Just book the GC Hotel directly, through AAA or other travel/commerce avenues.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Mtnman44
DIS Veteran

May is booked up pretty solid. I'm sure June is just as bad by now.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

We are going first week in June and booked exactly at 7 months and everything was pretty much gone within a couple of days after. Looking now at our vacation dates, it is booked solid for the DVC side.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
icephoenix25
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Yeah, we have to utilize our 11 month window for our vacations. Matter of fact, I was in a heated argument with a DVC rep over not being able to use our points because we purchased a resale, even though we were willing to get hosed on the transfer and the GC had plenty of availability.
icephoenix25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by icephoenix25 View Post
Yeah, we have to utilize our 11 month window for our vacations. Matter of fact, I was in a heated argument with a DVC rep over not being able to use our points because we purchased a resale, even though we were willing to get hosed on the transfer and the GC had plenty of availability.
If you bought a resale after 3-21-11, you can't use points for any hotel or cruise in The Disney Collection. Also, if there's availability on line at the disneyland website, it doesn't mean it's available for points. I tried that one time, points rooms are limited. I wanted GCH, not available even though there was cash availability.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #10
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
if there's availability on line at the disneyland website, it doesn't mean it's available for points. I tried that one time, points rooms are limited. I wanted GCH, not available even though there was cash availability.
That is good to know. I hate it when they limit rooms like that. If there is cash availablility, there should be points availability, particularily given the outrageous number of points they ask for regular hotel rooms.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by icephoenix25
DVC does not provide this trading capability it is provided by DVD, the timeshare sales organisation. You are argueing with the wrong people! The timeshare sales organization does not want to provide this capability to someone who did not buy from them. The features provided by DVD to enhance initial sales are not assignable in a resale, sorry.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
That is good to know. I hate it when they limit rooms like that. If there is cash availablility, there should be points availability, particularily given the outrageous number of points they ask for regular hotel rooms.
They limit it because they have to rent rooms to cash customers to pay for your "trade". I don't know about DL but at WDW that can be difficult. They sometimes give away upgrades to cash customers to fill rooms at OKW or SSR.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
They limit it because they have to rent rooms to cash customers to pay for your "trade". I don't know about DL but at WDW that can be difficult. They sometimes give away upgrades to cash customers to fill rooms at OKW or SSR.
And this is why I feel the restrictions placed on resale were not intended as negatives or punishments for resale buyers, but more to limit this internal trading on their own books. It may be both for all I know. In buying resale, I don't have to worry about trades being available for my points or not. Not to argue direct vs. resale here. Just my thought on the points trades.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: